Jr C or Juvinile AAA?

bruinsfan46

Dec 2, 2006
London, ON
Juvenile AAA, is that after midget? Honestly I had no idea there was AAA at that age. Jr. C definitely has a higher calibre of players.

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
I have no clue about anything regarding Juvinile AAA but I know of a few NHLers who have played Junior C at some point (Nick Spaling comes to mind right away), but I'm sure Junior C is higher caliber.

Someone like Tiger1992 would know more though.

Mr Forever

The Oilers :(
Nov 18, 2010
COLLEGE
Is Juvenile AAA midget?

Because in Alberta Jr C is basically a rec league. So it'd be safe to assume AAA is better, especially looking at 15 year olds playing underage.

GM17*

Juvenile is after Midget, but where I'm from it's now called Junior C. Rec league with hitting I think.

Lazarrr

Apr 10, 2010
Ottawa
Juvenile is after Midget and I don't think we have Junior C in Ottawa. I'm probably wrong but who cares.

Alpine

Oct 28, 2005
Moncton, NB
In Moncton there's Jr A/B/C and starting last year something called Junior Minor.
Jr C replaced Juve years ago. Junior Minor because of insurance uses the full face cage instead of the visor like A/B/C.
Some parts of the country have something called Jr D.
But after Major Jr and Jr A there aren't alot of pro prospects outside of some of the strong Jr B leagues in Ont???

Last edited:

-DeMo-

Nov 12, 2006
Huntsville Ontario
It depends on where you are located. In Ontario Junior C is a much higher level.

last time I heard Junior C teams were in towns under 15,000 people roughly like Penetaguisheen(or however you spell it lol) and there only alloud like 3-4 players from out of town ie it's mostly local kids which imo if you had the choice between AAA midgit or Junior C I would choose the AAA league, since you need something like 100,000 population in your area, to have AAA team and bigger pools generally lead to better players. personally I never heard of Juvnile AAA and I grew up playing AAA so not sure where they have that in Ontario.

granted I'm 26 now and don't follow minor hockey all that closely, so it might have changed since I played.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
last time I heard Junior C teams were in towns under 15,000 people roughly like Penetaguisheen(or however you spell it lol) and there only alloud like 3-4 players from out of town ie it's mostly local kids which imo if you had the choice between AAA midgit or Junior C I would choose the AAA league, since you need something like 100,000 population in your area, to have AAA team and bigger pools generally lead to better players. personally I never heard of Juvnile AAA and I grew up playing AAA so not sure where they have that in Ontario.

granted I'm 26 now and don't follow minor hockey all that closely, so it might have changed since I played.

not entirely true, thunder bay as 75,000 and have AAA teams.

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol

Most Junior C teams are in towns out in the country and draw a lot from farms and smaller towns outside of that town. Can't see how that rule is correct.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad