Jr A

Dec 13, 2010
Tier I USHL you don't pay

Tier II NAHL you only pay billeting fees, usually in the range of $300 per month. If you billet from September to April you can expect to pay around $2500 for the season

Tier III every team is a little different but expect somewhere in the range of 7-10k for the season

Dec 13, 2010
I am old or out of the loop. We never paid for Jr B. That Jr A tier 3 in the US seems to me like a nicer name of calling a leagu Jr C.

unfortunately it's not financially possible in a lot of places to play junior hockey without a charge..take for example in New York City metro where teams are paying upwards of $500+/hr for ice time. There aren't rinks everywhere, it's just not Canada.

If you're comparing the talent level of Tier III Jr A to Canadian Jr C you don't know what you're talking about. PAL Jr Islanders of the USPHL (Tier III) went to a GOJHL showcase last year and outscored 3 opponents by a combined score of 29-1. The same league's Jersey Hitmen hosted CCHL's Nepean (Canadian Junior A) early last season and beat them in both games, I think one game was 2-1 and one was 5-1 or something like that. There are some definite issues with the classification, since some of the Tier III Jr A leagues are much weaker than others, but to compare the talent to Canadian Jr C? You have no clue

Futurehockeyscout98

Feb 25, 2014
unfortunately it's not financially possible in a lot of places to play junior hockey without a charge..take for example in New York City metro where teams are paying upwards of $500+/hr for ice time. There aren't rinks everywhere, it's just not Canada.

If you're comparing the talent level of Tier III Jr A to Canadian Jr C you don't know what you're talking about. PAL Jr Islanders of the USPHL (Tier III) went to a GOJHL showcase last year and outscored 3 opponents by a combined score of 29-1. The same league's Jersey Hitmen hosted CCHL's Nepean (Canadian Junior A) early last season and beat them in both games, I think one game was 2-1 and one was 5-1 or something like that. There are some definite issues with the classification, since some of the Tier III Jr A leagues are much weaker than others, but to compare the talent to Canadian Jr C? You have no clue

You mean the GOJHL prospect tournament? All the midget and Jr.C player playing trying to make a team! Ice a real full team roster and might have a different outcome!

Dec 13, 2010
It wasn't a "prospect tournament", it was a showcase. I was told by the GOJHL coaches that they weren't final rosters but neither was PAL's. It's not a shot at the GOJHL or Junior B hockey because they're good, but the USPHL is just much better.

Dec 13, 2010
http://www.gojhl.ca/view/gojhl/2014-2015-4/player-commitments-1

There are 26 teams in the GOJHL. 4 players in the GOJHL committed to NCAA Div-I for 2015-2016. 2 to Div-III, 2 to CIS. 3 to the OHL, and we'll see if they actually last there or don't get bumped down to Jr A.

http://www.usphl.com/collegecommits

There are 11 USPHL Premier teams and 50+ Division I commitments for 2015-2016, not to mention quite a few for 16-17, and the ~60 Division III/ACHA Div I commitments.

If you really want to compare the two leagues, do it by commitments. Only 11 players out of a 26 team league are committed to play at a higher level of hockey next season (with only 8 definite, the 3 OHL players could easily be sent back down). There are 114 players in the USPHL Premier who are committed to play hockey at the next level.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad