24. Detroit Red Wings | Matt Puempel
25. Toronto Maple Leafs | Boone Jenner
26. Washington Capitals | Alexander Khokhlachev
27. Tampa Bay Lightning | Brandon Saad
28. San Jose Sharks | Ty Rattie
29. Vancouver Canucks | Dmitrij Jaskin
30. Toronto Maple Leafs | Tyler Biggs

Granlund2Pulkkinen*

I've said it before, I really doubt that Colorado would take Huberdeau over Landeskog or Larsson

Mantha Poodoo

Playoff Beard
Jun 5, 2008
Wow, hard to imagine Puempel falling that low... and while I really want one of the good d-men for Detroit, if they all get eaten that early and Puempel is still there, I can live with a big d-man in the second round, heh.

JumpierPegasus

Mar 3, 2011
Abbotsford, BC
Wow, hard to imagine Puempel falling that low... and while I really want one of the good d-men for Detroit, if they all get eaten that early and Puempel is still there, I can live with a big d-man in the second round, heh.

I can see a lot of teams timid about him and one that will make that big splash.

I could also see him going to Phoenix, but it was more of a matter of not really noticing that he wasn't taken at that point :laugh:

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I like that you didn't give Anaheim another dman, but they'd take Puempel over Jurco, Anaheim doesn't like inconsistency, and they'll take the purest scorer over the most flash any day of the week. Jurco is too much of a gamble.

JumpierPegasus

Mar 3, 2011
Abbotsford, BC
I like that you didn't give Anaheim another dman, but they'd take Puempel over Jurco, Anaheim doesn't like inconsistency, and they'll take the purest scorer over the most flash any day of the week. Jurco is too much of a gamble.

I know that it has been stated by Bob Murray that they will not take a D-man (They got Fowler last year, I can see why, they need forward depth), but I can still see GM's turning away from Puempel because of the injury.

Some are really high on him and would pick him 11-15, others are weary of his injury and could pick him 15-30.

He's a big mystery in this draftm but would be top 5 material if not injured.

We'll see how it turns out though

Isles_Guy*

its good to see people arent dumping a defenseman on the islanders just so a better forward can slide down to their favorite team

if the isles pick a defender it will either be larsson or a trade down, simply because thats Garth Snows M.O.

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
I hope Pens don't pick Brodin, if we go dmen I'd rather have a guy with more offensive upside or some snarl to his game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->