Jost, Nieto, or Calvert

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Landeskog - MacKinnon - Rantanen
Donskoi - Kadri - Burakovsky
Namestnikov - Compher - Nichushkin
Nieto - Bellemare - Calvert

Maybe switch Namaste and Donskoi around, but otherwise IMO that's the best 12 you could ice. That 4th lime combo was dynamite early in the year before they had to get split up, too. Hell on the forecheck.

Reactions: forsbergavs32

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Has Jost been given a chance to succeed? Has he played any long stretches on a scoring line?
The season before this one he spent a great deal of time on a second line of Jost, Kerfoot, and Compher, and aside from a couple games when Compher and Kerfoot did well it just did not work at all despite Bednar going back to that line quite a few times due to the lack of depth.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Has Jost been given a chance to succeed?

iAOoj3X.gif

Spleenless Wonder21

Done like dinner
Jun 29, 2009
Ohio
While I’ve always agreed with the posters who feel you home grow players like Calvert, I loved the signing. He’s the thankless role player you need to win a Cup. As for Jost & LBN, if we could have post 2020 TDL Tyson 75% of the time then Calvert & him, with Nieto as the odd man out. It’s a good problem to finally have.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Has Jost been given a chance to succeed? Has he played any long stretches on a scoring line?

He's been handed bigger roles a few times and he does nothing with them. He's a NHL caliber player, but he's not capable of being a top 6 forward on any team right now, and certainly not the Avs.

Reactions: Gargamaul

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad