Confirmed with Link: Josiah Slavin traded to Anaheim for D/F (?) Hunter Drew

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland

Slavin fell off bigtime this year and didn't show much last year when he got his chances

I have no clue on Drew or if he has any NHL upside

-- Duck fans say that he has been moved from playing defense to forward fulltime now so he is forward --

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Moved to forward full time last season, had a pretty good year offensively but fell back to Earth this season. Nothing more than an enforcer at the AHL level (he was suspended twice in the last month), unfortunately can't skate well enough to do even that job at the NHL level. Something of a fan favorite among Ducks fans though, lots of people were rooting for him. Don’t see an NHL player there though

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
I can see Slavin becoming someone's Sam Lafferty but that's his ceiling

giza

Jul 19, 2011
Not sure what happened to Slavin this year, looked like the Hawks wanted him to be more of a shutdown forward.....not sure that's completely in his DNA.....Drew seems destined to be an AHLer, but certainly is physical.....Hawks probably traded away slightly higher ceiling to give a player a change of scenery.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Turns and skates like a boat but has a randomly hard snap shot.... will drop the gloves with anyone. Good locker room guy.

Reactions: Mrfenn92

Northernhawk

Feb 22, 2020
Nicolas Beaudin pending RFA traded for Cam Hillis...pending RFA

Evan Barratt pending RFA traded for Cooper Zech...pending RFA

Josiah Slavin pending RFA traded for Hunter Drew...pending RFA

Who’s next?

Davidson is building ‘his’ team...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad