Joshua Leivo & Tanner Pearson Be Better Or Get Waived!

moog35

Jul 25, 2007
No penalty on the play and in classic Canucks fashion Holden is not held accountable and even score on the next shift

Spectrefire

Jan 3, 2013
Say what you want about Pearson, but I think he's going to hit a career high and break 50 riding shotgun on Horvat's line.
He's not the most consistent offensive player, but that's pretty much most players outside of the best of the best. Still, you really can't complain about a guy who's on pace to hit 20 goals and 50 points and is making under $4 million. Just a fantastic f***ing return for Gudbranson.

vancityluongo

curse of the strombino
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2006
Edmonton
Pearson has been great over the last month, but I still stand by my original comment. He's not going to finish the year with 60 points - this is what streaky middle-6 players do. Score in bunches and then go cold for extended streaks.

Not a criticism of the player, and it was a terrific trade to get him for Gudbranson. But just as this thread was a little silly when it was made, it'd be silly to start expecting first line production on a consistent basis.

Reactions: Orr4Norris

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Pearson has been great over the last month, but I still stand by my original comment. He's not going to finish the year with 60 points - this is what streaky middle-6 players do. Score in bunches and then go cold for extended streaks.

Not a criticism of the player, and it was a terrific trade to get him for Gudbranson. But just as this thread was a little silly when it was made, it'd be silly to start expecting first line production on a consistent basis.
Your take was pretty reasonable. You always have to consider what the cost to replace and upgrade would be though.

Those first couple pages are pretty entertaining at this stage 21 goals and 42 pts in 60 games as a Canuck so far. Was excellent for the Kings in a couple cup runs. So he knows how to bring it and get it done at the highest level. Strong along the walls and trenches and can PK and get pucks out and in smartly. He's not just a pretty perimeter player in fact he's very much the opposite. When you look at where the goals are actually scored mostly he is and has been an excellent 2LW.

It's really a shame for Leivo (and the team) who was doing really good as the RW on that line. Maybe we can keep him though now if his deamnds contractually are low. Hoping he can come back by late March early April

Reactions: DonnyNucker

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018
Lol @ this thread. Leivo & Pearson are responsible 2-way forwards that are strong along the boards while chipping in offensively. They bring grit and reliability in their play, solid middle 6 wingers.

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C
giphy.gif

Reactions: Zombotron

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->