Proposal: Joshua Ho-Sang to Pittsburgh

lazycop

Dave's not here.
Mar 25, 2006
I'd personally drive him to Pittsburgh and trade him for an 8th rounder(yea, I know).

If we face Pens in the playoffs I'd love for him to be in there. He's awful.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
Someone please correct me if I'm wrong. If a waived player is picked up, he has to run through waivers again by the team that claims him if they want him to go to the minors. If a player is traded for he can be immediately placed in the minors without having to go through waivers again.

Not saying it would warrant a return like a first but I think that the value would be a little closer to a 3rd or 4th than it would be a 7th.
I'll correct you. Not even close to a 3rd/4th. He passed through waivers. A contract space was too much for every GM in the league to pay.

Reactions: Riptide and Ciao

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
If I had to pick one player in the NHL who goes against everything Mike Sullivan stands for, it would be Josh Ho-Sang. Entitled loudmouth who's all potential and zero grit, defense, or accountability.

Sullivan turfed Ian Cole for talking too much to the media and nobody seems to know exactly what he said that was so egregious.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
We can use a top six RW in Vancouver.

The problem is Green will hate this guy if any of the overblown rumours about his play or attitude are even perceived to be picked up (even if theyre 100 percent unfounded).

I'd be ok with a 4th round pick or so, not because that's what his play is worth, but because of our coaching staff being insane concerning player use on our roster.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Three way:

To Penguins: Jesse Puljujarvi
To Islanders: Jusso Riikola
To Oilers: Josh Ho-Sang

Crazy Cizikas

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2017
A good place
We can use a top six RW in Vancouver.

The problem is Green will hate this guy if any of the overblown rumours about his play or attitude are even perceived to be picked up (even if theyre 100 percent unfounded).

I'd be ok with a 4th round pick or so, not because that's what his play is worth, but because of our coaching staff being insane concerning player use on our roster.
Green would consider JHS to be a gutless puke.

Reactions: Cogburn

Rafafouille

May 12, 2015
QC
Yeah he was, and Pittsburgh didn't claim him.

Now he must be traded for, and I'd rather just have him sit at home playing Xbox than potentially help out our division rivals for a whopping 7th round pick.

With his attitude? There's much better odds that he creates problems than actually help Pittsburgh.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
We didnt "try to give him away"

We assigned him to the AHL

You waived him thereby allowing all 30+ teams the opportunity to acquire him for no cost. And they all dcclined. Therefore, Ho Sang has zero value. No team wanted him when he was free a couple weeks ago.

Thinking he has any value is wishful thinking.

orby

Jun 16, 2013
Erie, PA
www.youtube.com
I wonder if Ho-Sang is who the Pens were reportedly dangling Juuso Riikola for. It makes sense, money-wise. Think the Isles would have to add, though.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
I'd like some explanation. 30 teams in the NHL didn't want him on their roster for the expense of a contract. You want more than that. Please explain what I'm missing.

Before it was a contract spot AND a roster spot. Now it can be only a contract spot.

Reactions: Adityase

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->