Player Discussion Josh Norris C 6’1”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sentron5000

Mar 24, 2010
That’s a good point actually. If he plays in 2019-2020 does that mean he still needs to be protected?

Nope, he'll be exempt. So all the more reason to hold off signing him until after the season. No point wasting roster protection for a couple of games.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
It's crowded next season (at least for now), but really thins out after that. I hope he's thinking long term.
It's easy to make room for him. Condon should be released (eat up the contract, get a bag of pucks for him) as soon as he's back from his injury, and Nilsson should be traded at the deadline while his value is high. Heck, I'd also try to trade Anderson at the deadline.

You go with Anderson/Hogberg next year in the NHL, and Gus/Daccord in the AHL.

ChurchOfAlfie

Dec 4, 2016
It's easy to make room for him. Condon should be released (eat up the contract, get a bag of pucks for him) as soon as he's back from his injury, and Nilsson should be traded at the deadline while his value is high. Heck, I'd also try to trade Anderson at the deadline.

You go with Anderson/Hogberg next year in the NHL, and Gus/Daccord in the AHL.

Agreed, that's why I said it's crowded "for now". Daccord should have a much clearer picture this summer. Anderson traded? Nilson signed? Condon bought a condo on Robidas island?

Reactions: DrEasy

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Why is that a realistic worry? If anything an injury would provide an incentive to start a pro career earlier, not later.

As Bondra said .. no chance to burn a year this year, and I don't know what the injury is, but its serious enough to be out for the year; so .. that could present a not so ideal circumstance to begin your pro career; if things linger etc.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
It's crazy the number of injuries this team had to deal with for years, not only on the big team. Most likely one of the teams the most hit by injuries, year after year.

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
With the rookie cap and entry level deals structured the way they are, there really isn't much incentive for an NCAA player to push it to free agency. On the contrary, they should want to sign as soon as possible to start the clock ticking to having arbitration rights.

It sucks to see his year end like this but this is a high speed, contact sport, and sometimes guys get hurt. That's just reality. He's young - he'll heal, train hard all summer, and be ready for either our camp or Michigan's. I'd be pretty surprised if he doesn't turn pro.

As an aside, I am not convinced that "burning a year" by playing a couple of games at the end of the year is the big player advantage many think. Let's look at Wolanin - he did the whole burn a year thing, but now his next contract is going to be based on a pretty thin body of work. With one more season under his belt, his next contract would have been a bit richer. It's a double edged sword for the player...

Reactions: NB613 and aragorn

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
It's crazy the number of injuries this team had to deal with for years, not only on the big team. Most likely one of the teams the most hit by injuries, year after year.
You hate to see any injury but I would rather these injuries happen in a rebuilding yr with not much chance of making the playoffs than in a yr where they could be contenders. Seems like a very unlucky coincidence that Belleville also has had numerous injuries this season.

On topic: I wonder if Ottawa will keep Josh Norris at centre or if they will convert him to LW. He has got good size & with so many centres it would seem like a good fit for Ottawa. Tkachuk, Formenton & Norris at LW looks like a very good & young trio of LWers.

DrakeAndJosh

Intangibles
Jun 19, 2010
Kanata
If there's a college centre I'm not worried about being able to sign, it's Norris. Take a look at his instagram page, he and Tkachuk are legitimately best friends. Shouldn't be a hard sell to get him to leave college, get paid like a pro, and play with his best friend.

Reactions: Icelevel and NB613

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Zero doubts of him signing with the Sens, whether this year or next.

Use to chat with his dad and uncle around the rink in the summer over the past few years, he comes from a very smart, very big hockey family, one of the best and most well known from the St. John's area outside of the big name NHLers. He comes from a good hockey bloodline for sure.

Last edited:
Reactions: NB613

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
Zero doubts of him signing with the Sens, whether this year or next.

Use to chat with his dad and uncle around the rink in the summer over the past few years, he comes from a very smart, very big hockey family, one of the best and most well known from the St. John's area outside of the big name NHLers. He comes from a good hockey bloodline for sure.
Something doesn't compute! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->