Player Discussion Josh Norris C 6’1”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
Can't wait to see him at the juniors.

We could have 3 players play a top role for each of their respective teams. All 3 have experience against older competetion that can bode well for them against an under 20 tournament.

Norris
Formenton
JBD

Reactions: NB613

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
If I'm reading the website correctly, Josh Norris has been Nominated for Hobey Baker Award

2019 Hobey Baker nominees announced

Deservedly so! He has 2 more goals in 20 less games compared to last year (hopefully he hits 20 that would be cool) and is the go-to centre in all situations. Good for him, he may end up being the best piece of the trade for us.

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013
Deservedly so! He has 2 more goals in 20 less games compared to last year (hopefully he hits 20 that would be cool) and is the go-to centre in all situations. Good for him, he may end up being the best piece of the trade for us.
Dude is Brady's bff <3, of course he's already the best piece of the trade.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
If I'm reading the website correctly, Josh Norris has been Nominated for Hobey Baker Award

2019 Hobey Baker nominees announced

Damn, reading this makes me even more disappointed we "missed out" on K'Andre Miller. A Hobey Baker nomination for a true freshman defenceman has to be pretty rare.

Nice to see Norris and Daccord getting some recognition for their seasons though, seems like they've both been fantastic.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Any chance Norris gets a couple of games with Ottawa this year?

Almost guaranteed he gets a couple of games if his team doesn't make the Frozen Four. It seems to be standard operating procedure when signing these guys out of college.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
Almost guaranteed he gets a couple of games if his team doesn't make the Frozen Four. It seems to be standard operating procedure when signing these guys out of college.
Yep. They basically incentivize signing as soon as NCAA hockey is done for the season so as to not risk them going to free agency. Same thing happened with Colin White.

Sentron5000

Mar 24, 2010
Yep. They basically incentivize signing as soon as NCAA hockey is done for the season so as to not risk them going to free agency. Same thing happened with Colin White.

Except for the fact that he would have to be protected for the expansion draft. So he'll get an ATO and play in Belleville at best this year.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
Except for the fact that he would have to be protected for the expansion draft. So he'll get an ATO and play in Belleville at best this year.
That’s a good point actually. If he plays in 2019-2020 does that mean he still needs to be protected?

ChurchOfAlfie

Dec 4, 2016
Friedman was talking about Daccord leaving school early and going pro, not becoming a FA.

"While he does have one more year of Sun Devils eligibility, he can choose to go pro during the summer"

Friedman didn't word it very clearly, but Daccord CAN become a free agent this summer. He was drafted in 2015, 4 years ago, which means he can leave college, not sign with Ottawa, wait 30 days and become a UFA. Don't see why he wouldn't sign here though, our crease is wide open.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Friedman didn't word it very clearly, but Daccord CAN become a free agent this summer. He was drafted in 2015, 4 years ago, which means he can leave college, not sign with Ottawa, wait 30 days and become a UFA. Don't see why he wouldn't sign here though, our crease is wide open.

Idk... Anderson, Gustavsson, Hogberg, Condon if he ever recovers, or alternatively Nilsson if we re-sign him. I guess he'd be guaranteed starter duties in the ECHL and could potentially win an AHL gig short term, medium term there's room though.

ChurchOfAlfie

Dec 4, 2016
The Hobey Baker nomination process is insane... Technically I guess Norris made the first selection, two more rounds of "cuts" to be made before we know the 3 finalists.

The selection process for the award is in three parts. First, the head coaches of NCAA Division I schools nominate the top three players in their league and the top three players in the nation. College hockey fans can also vote online at this time—and fan voting can be an important factor in the balloting outcome. Price Waterhouse Coopers tabulates the votes and the top 10 candidates are announced.

Voting then commences for the "Hobey Hat Trick," which is a narrowing of the field from ten players to three, from which the winner is selected. The primary voting in this part of the process is by the Hobey Baker Memorial Award Selection Committee, a geographically balanced group of 27 individuals representing print and electronic sports media, college hockey coaches and officials, and NHL scouts. Fans may also vote online for their favorite candidate during this phase of the process.

After the three finalists for the award are announced ("Hobey Hat Trick"), the countdown begins toward the announcement of the award winner in a nationally televised ceremony.

ChurchOfAlfie

Dec 4, 2016
Idk... Anderson, Gustavsson, Hogberg, Condon if he ever recovers, or alternatively Nilsson if we re-sign him. I guess he'd be guaranteed starter duties in the ECHL and could potentially win an AHL gig short term, medium term there's room though.

It's crowded next season (at least for now), but really thins out after that. I hope he's thinking long term.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad