Player Discussion Josh Norris C 6’1”

Status
Not open for further replies.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Lets not forget that 2nd rounder Ottawa traded, when they acquired Derek Brassard ....... that 2nd rounder was viewed by some people as the linchpin of the future of the organization ..... and the reason for the eventual downfall of the franchise.
While I don’t agree with the sky is falling crowd often, we basically sold a 2nd for cash in that deal.

Reactions: topshelf15

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Norris now has 3g 5a 8pts in the first 5 games... Back to back 2 pt (1g,1a) games. Leads U Michigan in pts.

He’ll be in the NHL next year. His development right now might be ahead of Logan Brown and he may have more games the LB by the end of next season is my guess

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
So it looks like Norris is having a huge year so far. Anyone else think if he has a really good WJC and finishes the year strong he signs once the school year is over? Looking pretty likely to me IMO.

Reactions: Ice-Tray

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
So it looks like Norris is having a huge year so far. Anyone else think if he has a really good WJC and finishes the year strong he signs once the school year is over? Looking pretty likely to me IMO.

Yeah, I'd be quite surprised if he isn't signed at the end of the year.

UofM's last game is scheduled for early-mid March... Frozen Four takes place a month later. Michigan is considered a top 10-15 in the NCAA so they have a shot at going the distance, although they are certainly not favored. Our last game is on April 6th so, so long as UofM doesn't make it to the Final Four I think we will probably see Norris in an Ottawa uniform at some point before the season ends.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
Yeah, I'd be quite surprised if he isn't signed at the end of the year.

UofM's last game is scheduled for early-mid March... Frozen Four takes place a month later. Michigan is considered a top 10-15 in the NCAA so they have a shot at going the distance, although they are certainly not favored. Our last game is on April 6th so, so long as UofM doesn't make it to the Final Four I think we will probably see Norris in an Ottawa uniform at some point before the season ends.
Yeah that’s what I’m thinking as well. The USNTDP guys that are coming through now are pretty phenomenal for the most part so I’m pumped. BT7 will also get to play with his frat bro.

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
Yeah that’s what I’m thinking as well. The USNTDP guys that are coming through now are pretty phenomenal for the most part so I’m pumped. BT7 will also get to play with his frat bro.

I still have some concerns about top end talent in our organization (lets face it, the NHL is a HARD league to score in with consistency) but I really like the depth we've built up. And it's not just NHL depth - I think we have a great stable or 2nd/3rd line forwards and 2nd pair DMen on the way. All it takes is a few of them to exceed expectations and I think we're set up pretty nicely (putting all the front office BS aside for now)

Reactions: bert and Ice-Tray

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
I still have some concerns about top end talent in our organization (lets face it, the NHL is a HARD league to score in with consistency) but I really like the depth we've built up. And it's not just NHL depth - I think we have a great stable or 2nd/3rd line forwards and 2nd pair DMen on the way. All it takes is a few of them to exceed expectations and I think we're set up pretty nicely (putting all the front office BS aside for now)
Agreed. What we need now is more elite first line talent. Sadly that’s the range where our pick should fall this upcoming draft. Maybe we will still suck in 2020 when Lafreniere is on the board.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Turning into a nice surprise. I remember right after the trade people were ****ting all over him saying he might not amount to much. I always thought he was the main piece coming back. Looks to be developing an offensive touch as well. I think SJ fans are hurting from this one.

Yeah and they can use a center because Thornton is on his last legs :laugh:

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Pavelski doesn’t play center I’m pretty sure of that. He takes draws though.
Hertl does though and he's a heck of a hockey player.

Anyone actually watched Norris this year with any updates? Im looking forward to seeing him in the WJC.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Josh Nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnooooooooooooooooorrissssssssssss

(Just sayin)

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Weren't some of you guys saying he was even less impressive than Bowers?

Lots of people, but it likely just the sad response to EK being traded.... If he keeps his current pace up the entire board will be on the Norris train, no question.

This guys will likely be on the team to end the season and have a great shot to make the squad out of camp next year if he does.

Reactions: devbouz12

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Weren't some of you guys saying he was even less impressive than Bowers?

I personally had him as pretty similar at the time we traded for him. Must say he's come out strong this season, my hope is we get a Fisher type from him. Happy to say he's exceeding my expectations so far.

devbouz12

Eugene's dad
Jan 15, 2012
I personally had him as pretty similar at the time we traded for him. Must say he's come out strong this season, my hope is we get a Fisher type from him. Happy to say he's exceeding my expectations so far.
Wow Mike Fisher resurrected? Sign me up.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
I loved Fisher for what he was, but man did he ever have a knack for slapping the blinders on, blazing down the wing, and shooting the puck right into the logo of the goalie every-single-time...

I hope this kids has some shot creativity and playmaking above and beyond what Fisher brought because it's doubtful that he brings that fierceness, as that seems to be dead in 'todays's NHL".

Reactions: Icelevel

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
I loved Fisher for what he was, but man did he ever have a knack for slapping the blinders on, blazing down the wing, and shooting the puck right into the logo of the goalie every-single-time...

I hope this kids has some shot creativity and playmaking above and beyond what Fisher brought because it's doubtful that he brings that fierceness, as that seems to be dead in 'todays's NHL".
Man, this makes me miss Fisher. Guy was such a special player. Worked so hard every game. What did we get for him? Puempel? Yuck.

Reactions: Ice-Tray

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
A prime Fisher and a prime Methot (on RD ideally) is exactly what is missing to this line-up (outside of a very solid goalie of course), some serious muscle that makes you very hard to play against (disclaimer : I'm not talking about hits and fights here)

And an excellent coaching staff...

Tkachuk-White-Stone
Ryan-Duchene-Fisher
Boedker-Tierney-Dzingel
Smith-Pageau-Paul
Paajarvi

Chabot-Methot
Lajoie-Ceci
Wolanin-Jaros
DeMelo/Boro/Harpur

Now that'd be a serious line-up, just in need of a goalie and a new vision (coaching)

Man, this makes me miss Fisher. Guy was such a special player. Worked so hard every game. What did we get for him? Puempel? Yuck.

We didn't get a prospect, we got a 1st and a 3rd.

Let's say you trade a good player for a 6th round pick, everybody says you got hosed, right? But you draft a guy like Mark Stone with that 6th who becomes better than the guy you eventually gave up. Have you won the trade all of sudden? There's the face value and then there's what happened with the asset(s) acquired (hindsight). You can either get good value for a player (ex : Lehner for a 1st) and make a good pick with it (White), but what if you drafted Lazar with that pick, does it make the trade bad initially? No, it's just that you didn't seize the opportunity to get a good asset.

First step is to get the pick, second step is to make the best pick possible, third step is to develop the prospect correctly, etc.

Reactions: DrunkUncleDenis
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad