Player Discussion Josh Norris C 6’1”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
I have no issue with Tierney, other than the fact he is a pretty underwhelming player. Most players have a specific skill you can point to that they do really well and stand out because of it, Tierney has none.

His playing style is very dull, as he is not a fast skater, does not hit much, his playmaking is average and his shot is just satisfactory. I almost rarely notice him until he scores a goal and that is rarely a "compliment" when it comes to forwards.

My point was, take all of that, and now remember he is on pace for 40 points, somehow. Meaning if a player with limited offensive skills and talent (compared to Norris) can put up 40-50 points, then expectations for a player with the pedigree of Norris who is (for now) displaying elite skill, the bar should be set way higher.

I am not a Tierney hater, he just makes me feel very indifferent about him.

Tierney is a good passer. It's the only thing keeping him in the NHL lol

Reactions: bert

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
Has passed Brown now I think. If we draft Byfield or Rossi or Quinn and sign Pageau our centre depth with Norris trending as he does is outstanding.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
So he is expected to play with Paul and Batherson? That’s what I heard him say?

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
So he is expected to play with Paul and Batherson? That’s what I heard him say?

Correct.

And it makes sense. Put him with guys hes familiar with so he can play his game.

Rookies often if they play with vets will change their game, defer shots and try to hard to pass to them.

This way Norris just plays his game with less pressure. Its perfect really

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
I like Smith's comments on Norris, particularly the "he's done everything he can down there"

Redirect Notice

I cant tell if he is coached to be humble but he sure likes to thank everyone around him and seems fairly happy with how he is being treated. Seems like a good attitude

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
I cant tell if he is coached to be humble but he sure likes to thank everyone around him and seems fairly happy with how he is being treated. Seems like a good attitude

I saw him play in Belleville this year. He was the player that took the most time to interact with fans, chat and goof around with the younger kids. That part of his personality really stood out.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
Well ... If Pager, Names, and CT move on .. I guess we have Arty and Brown but I'd say Norris is "close".

We're not moving all three. It's Pageau or Tierney, not both. Also, Anisimov and White are miles ahead of Norris. He's probably close to, or ahead of Brown at this point though.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
what happened to chlapik. he played well and scored but i dont see him in the gameday practice lines

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
I'm hoping Norris stays up for the rest of the year. My sense is he is highly motivated and getting a feel for the gap between the AHL and the NHL and what he might need to address in this summer's training is a good thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad