Player Discussion Josh Norris C 6’1”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
I recall he played through the world juniors with his injury ? Any indication of how serious it is ?

aligator

Jan 3, 2008
The organization as a whole is a mess, and it was reported on HNIC in March that Ottawa was trying to sign him and get him out of college early.

Maybe Norris just wants a bigger signing bonus, maybe he wants to go back to college, but the fact that they can’t convince him to sing in Ottawa when he’s got a wide open shot at making the team is just a sign the organization can’t accomplish anything it wants

And it tells the story of why we are rebuilding - we are rebuilding not because the owner wants to, it’s because we have no choice. It’s the only thing we CAN do. We can’t sign anyone, we can’t keep anyone, we can’t make the playoffs, we can’t meet expectations, we can’t hire long tenured coaches, we can’t sell tickets, we can’t not have it be a gong show, we can’t have buy in from the fans or players - rebuilding (getting rid of everyone and controlling players who have zero leverage) is the only thing Ottawa can control, that’s why we are rebuilding, it’s like trying to move or buy a new house but you can’t afford anything and can’t get a mortgage so you decide after a few years just to redecorate the house you’re already in. It’s a choice to do it, but your only doing it because all other options aren’t available to you or forced onto you

aligator

Jan 3, 2008
what a bunch of bull......didn't have trouble signing Daccord or Veronneau. Norris will be signed in due time.......maybe now waiting to see how his shoulder is recovering.

Reactions: NB613

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
what a bunch of bull......didn't have trouble signing Daccord or Veronneau. Norris will be signed in due time.......maybe now waiting to see how his shoulder is recovering.

He probably will sign, but you have to be realistic that the fans here have reason to not believe things will go as planned for this team.

When the owner insults a college free agent signing goalie who’s just doing his best, gotta believe anything is possible when it comes to these negotiations.

Reactions: Cosmix and aragorn

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Most of your points would seem to be talking about a guy who may be desperate to sign his first pro contract and an organization that is delaying the process.

I'm not going to disagree with you because I simply have no idea but from my perspective it could be that everyone & specifically the Sens could be waiting to see how he recovers from his surgery which by all accounts seemed pretty serious from what I have read. IMO if it were not for this injury than it's possible he would already be signed but that's all hypothetical.

This is the first I have heard that it was a shoulder injury, I have asked a couple of times with no response, is that written somewhere? I agree, I also think that he will eventually be signed but I would like to read somewhere what the injury is exactly & how his surgery went & recovery are going. We may hear a little more about it at the draft, if he is not signed before that. It's hard to blame anyone without knowing exactly what the situation is though.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I'm not going to disagree with you because I simply have no idea but from my perspective it could be that everyone & specifically the Sens could be waiting to see how he recovers from his surgery which by all accounts seemed pretty serious from what I have read. IMO if it were not for this injury than it's possible he would already be signed but that's all hypothetical.

This is the first I have heard that it was a shoulder injury, I have asked a couple of times with no response, is that written somewhere? I agree, I also think that he will eventually be signed but I would like to read somewhere what the injury is exactly & how his surgery went & recovery are going. We may hear a little more about it at the draft, if he is not signed before that. It's hard to blame anyone without knowing exactly what the situation is though.

Everything I found on it, says undisclosed injury , requiring season ending surgery.

Reactions: aragorn

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
maybe now waiting to see how his shoulder is recovering.
Waiting to see about his injury....

Waiting until the playoffs are over to hire a coach....
Waiting until the season ticket renewal campaign is over to trade Karlsson....
Waiting until the New Year to begin discussions with Mark Stone....
Waiting for news on Lebreton...
Waiting to hire a POHO...
Waiting for more evidence against Rick Lee
Waiting until the last possible moment to trade Mark Stone...

Did I forget any?

I sense a pattern here, sometimes not waiting is a good plan too.

Last edited:

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
A bunch of worry for the sake of piling on.

Nothing to worry about whatsoever, as has been proven with every single NCAA player we have had in the past 15 years.

If he wasn't injured, he'd have been signed.

Due to the injury, we have the unique situation where he can either:

A. Sign and play in the AHL/NHL, burning a year of his ELC

or

B. Play in the NCAA, continue his schooling, continue to develop in the NCAA, sign with the team in March, play in the AHL playoffs (should they make it) and burn a year of his ELC.

One of those situations WILL happen. Either one works pretty identically for the team.

Zero need to worry at all, like every other NCAA prospect we have had.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Everything I found on it, says undisclosed injury , requiring season ending surgery.

All observers of the injury, when it happened, say he was "favouring his shoulder". With that in mind, I imagine that it's probably a shoulder injury.

Based on the delay between injury and when he was officially shut down for the season (almost a month), I'm going to guess it's a labrum tear, though obviously that's just speculation on my part.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
Ottawa Senators Top 25 Under 25 2019, #10: Josh Norris

As a prominent piece of the Erik Karlsson trade, all eyes are on Josh Norris as he officially begins his pro career the prospect tournament and training camp later this month. Last fall, when Norris came to the Senators organization, Ary wrote a fantastic piece on him (and Rudolfs Balcers) to give fans an idea of what to expect. It’s definitely something you should revisit. It’s ok, go ahead. I’ll pour myself an iced coffee and wait.

Ottawa Senators Top 25 Under 25 2019, #10: Josh Norris

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
With both Brown and Chlapik up Norris was playing with Batherson and Abramov last game and had a couple assists.

Before that it was Abramov and Veronneau which had good results too.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
He’s gonna prove a lot of people on this board wrong and it won’t take very long.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
what do you think he's gonna be? a first line center?

I think he’s gonna be a very good 2nd liner and I think he has a higher ceiling than White. A lot of people here were saying he barely has skill and is a ‘boring’ player who will only end up as an average 3rd line player.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I think he’s gonna be a very good 2nd liner and I think he has a higher ceiling than White. A lot of people here were saying he barely has skill and is a ‘boring’ player who will only end up as an average 3rd line player.

I think most people had him as another 2/3 tweener with 2nd line upside. Its a good problem for the Sens if he is better than White because White would be a very good 3C.

If we end up with Byfield, Brown, Norris/White it would look good as well.

Not sure if Perfetti, Rossi, Lapierre or Lundell would push Brown down but they have a very good chance of pushing Norris/White Down or over in time.

White has gotten off to a slow start production wise , but not sure how long he has been fighting that hip flexor/groin strain affecting his speed or he is still figuring it out. If he is the best option defensively at C I can see him staying there even at 3C or he gets pushed to the wing. At any rate the more Norris does to play ahead of White is a good thing for the Sens.

Reactions: Icelevel and DrEasy

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
I could see Norris or white moving over to the wing especially if we draft another high pick C

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
The kid has got a really nice release and he skates really well. Starting to remind me of a left-handed Kyle Turris. Seems to be a smart player too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad