Player Discussion: Josh Ho-Sang

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScaredStreit

May 5, 2006
Tampa, FL
Why is it trolling if I actually watched him being a complete clown at a local training camp?

Coming to another team's forum to post information that is solely negative potentially to get a rise out of the other fanbase (and then continuing to post whining that you're not trolling) is basically trolling. The messenger matters. Posters like myself who don't always wear rose colored glasses usually don't get people calling them a troll because because we're actually fans of the team. You're not. It's like one of your family members pointing out a negative aspect of your family and then a complete stranger doing so...it's going to be received in two very different ways because of the reasoning behind it. I post some negative things about the Islanders not because I want them to lose (I don't), or to get a rise out of my fellow fans (I don't), but because it's an area that is concerning me as a fan.

As an Islander fan living in Tampa when I ran into Dan Boyle at a grocery store and he was a total jerk to little kids in the store (including nephew who was young at the time) do you think I went to the Lightning's board here and discussed it? No. Why? Because the only purpose in doing so would be to get a rise out of fans. Now would I mention how MSL was an absolute gentleman to my (same) nephew a few years later? Sure.

When you poke the hornet's nest you're going to get stung. Don't whine about it afterwards.

PS: You stating that he was being a "clown" is a subjective "truth", not objective one so even then your statement is invalid.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Remember, if you think someone is trolling the boards, just report them. Commenting only adds to the cleanup.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
If I reported this post, would you have to infract yourself or one of the other mods do it? Asking for a friend. :sarcasm:

I don't handle issues that involve myself, I let others handle it how they see fit. That goes for complaints and for moderator abuse aimed at me. ;)

blinkman360

Loyal Players Only
Dec 30, 2005
Lawn Guyland
I'm pretty excited to see what Ho-Sang can do this year. Seems like he's hungry to prove he's legit, and seems Lou and Trotz are challenging him to prove he can be a top point producer. They're going to need someone to carry the play on that second line. He should be eyeing that spot.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
I'm pretty excited to see what Ho-Sang can do this year. Seems like he's hungry to prove he's legit, and seems Lou and Trotz are challenging him to prove he can be a top point producer. They're going to need someone to carry the play on that second line. He should be eyeing that spot.

I know camp just started today, but is there any indication about which line he's entering camp on?

blinkman360

Loyal Players Only
Dec 30, 2005
Lawn Guyland
I know camp just started today, but is there any indication about which line he's entering camp on?

My buddy told me JHS and Kovar were skating with the top-line(Beau-Barzal-Eberle), for whatever that's worth. I'd be surprised if he makes the team based solely on the amount of bodies we have - but if he controls the play the way I think he can, he can certainly force his way on. God knows we have enough bottom-six types, we could definitely use another player who can create.

Reactions: Sidney the Kidney

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
My buddy told me JHS and Kovar were skating with the top-line(Beau-Barzal-Eberle), for whatever that's worth. I'd be surprised if he makes the team based solely on the amount of bodies we have - but if he controls the play the way I think he can, he can certainly force his way on. God knows we have enough bottom-six types, we could definitely use another player who can create.

Usually teams like to play rookies/youngsters with an established vet duo, if they're giving them a long look at camp. The Pens' camp opened today and it looks as though Daniel Sprong is alongside Crosby and Guentzel, to give the Pens' coaches a chance to see whether he's ready to stick.

I'd have thought maybe the Isles would give Ho-Sang time beside a veteran "shooter" like a Lee or Nelson, to see how he does.

blinkman360

Loyal Players Only
Dec 30, 2005
Lawn Guyland
Usually teams like to play rookies/youngsters with an established vet duo, if they're giving them a long look at camp. The Pens' camp opened today and it looks as though Daniel Sprong is alongside Crosby and Guentzel, to give the Pens' coaches a chance to see whether he's ready to stick.

I'd have thought maybe the Isles would give Ho-Sang time beside a veteran "shooter" like a Lee or Nelson, to see how he does.

That was actually my hope - they would eventually decide to give Bailey his shot at 2C, with Lee on the left and JHS on the right. Hopefully we'll end up seeing something along those lines at some point this year.

ThreeLeftSkates

Nov 20, 2008
That was actually my hope - they would eventually decide to give Bailey his shot at 2C, with Lee on the left and JHS on the right. Hopefully we'll end up seeing something along those lines at some point this year.
Bailey is not going to center the second line. He already washed out at that position. He is a wing.

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005

I’m hoping w some Trotz’ experimentation that he stumbles upon a Lee-Bailey-JHS duo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad