Confirmed Signing with Link: F Josh Ho-Sang to the KHL

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
have those white players proven they belong in the league as Ho-Sand has proven?

speaking of which, this is an extremely telling commentary here, go watch 1:35 of this after Ho-Sang was drafted, the commentator brings up DeAngelo and his "issues", DeAngelo's issues are he was a racist piece of s*** and got suspended for it, and based on the person DeAngelo has been since than he hasn't changed alot, and where is DeAngelo? oh yea he is playing every game for the New York Rangers, where is Ho-Sang and whatever his "issues" were? he is getting relegated to Russia

Such a racist commentary that that they acknowledge Okposo alongside Tavares as a leader on the team :laugh:
And speaking of, the same management that drafted and nurtured Okposo to become an extremely valuable power forward also sabotaged Ho-Sang's career because he was not white?

Bood12

Oct 12, 2016
DeAngelo scored more points last season in the NHL than Ho-Sang ever has at any professional level. As a defenseman.
well I keep hearing it is his personality that is keeping Ho-Sang out of the league, and DeAngelo of course got alot more chances to develop his game

Last edited:

Bood12

Oct 12, 2016
Such a racist commentary that that they acknowledge Okposo alongside Tavares as a leader on the team :laugh:
And speaking of, the same management that drafted and nurtured Okposo to become an extremely valuable power forward also sabotaged Ho-Sang's career because he was not white?
different management, Ho-Sang only played 10 games under the Lou/Barry era and was basically sent back to Bridgeport to rot, and he looked VERY good under the course of those 10 games I will add, certainty alot better than another prospect who basically replaced him has looked since

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
when there is absolutely no legitimate criticism of him and the stats and the eye tell me he should be deserving of alot more playing time than he got I am going to take a guess on what it is especially when we all know what is out there

I see the problem here.

Josh does fail the eye test, but your eyes simply can't see it.

Rpenny

Feb 23, 2019
Josh Ho Sang reminds me of Robbie Schremp fiasco from Edmonton years ago. He went from being a top 10 pick to being a guy who appeared on a lot of do not draft list. Some players just do not play nicely with others and think too highly of themselves. Having an ego is part of the game but when your ego overtakes your talent that is where the problem starts. Ho Sang made a few statements he should not have aired, aired dirty laundry to I think it was TSN? and that is something you do not do. Also, with what looks like no AHL season this year, we could be seeing a few AHLers head to Europe for this season

Jacksonbobson

Feb 2, 2009
Would've liked to have seen the Ducks give him a shot.

There's no way Ho-sang wouldn't make that lineup.

Space umpire

Nov 15, 2018
Cocoa Beach, Florida
He might be good, he might not.
I’m 3 pages in and found humorous that some are trying to make him look bad because
A) One time he overslept.
B) He once lost the puck behind his net and it led to a goal against.

It seems there are many reasons he isn’t NHL material. One incident each of the above are not reasons.

Reactions: Bood12

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
He’s perfect for the 3HL. Him, Swaggy P and Schaivo can do all the magic in that league.

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
Ho-Sang has a monotone playing style. Take the puck in the D zone, keep ut as maintaing speed - and having elite puckpossesion and skating edges, thats just what he does. He has some puck creativity, but is surprisingly uncreative in cycling or finnishing. He often finnish, or firing the puck after stopping on his skates. Not shoting on the rush, or in movement. He sees himself as a teamplayer who sets up guys nowadays. That video on HoSang was great, he should see and learn of it.
He should be more alert and hubgty at scoring, looking to finnish a play.
He is just a heavy project. Great talent in some areas, and limited in half of his package

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011

They brought up Okposo because he's black and they are implying that having another black player on the team will help him fit in, which is actually racist.

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
They brought up Okposo because he's black and they are implying that having another black player on the team will help him fit in, which is actually racist.

There is a little more nuance than that. If they brought okposo up because they think all black people will automatically be black, that would be racist. If they brought him up because they are aware players of colour face different obstacles than than most of the white booth American players do, and having a veteran could help him deal with those obstacles, then there is probably some truth to that. That said, obviously not all black players will go through the same things.

Hoverhand

Barry Trotzky
Dec 6, 2015
Ontario
Robbie Schremp actually put up great numbers in junior. Ho-Sang was a watered down version of Schremp -- all flash and dash but no finish.
I really don't understand how people still have so much animosity for Ho-Sang. He's clearly matured and was extremely humble in Leafs camp last year, openly talked about how he would be happy with any assignment the Leafs gave him and that he just wanted to be a part of the organization.

He didn't look out of place at all in preseason, drove play often and a large portion of the fanbase wanted him to make the team. He took an AHL deal, never complained once, and became a solid producer for the Marlies. The Leafs ended up not giving him an NHL deal again, so he decided to get a well-deserved payday in the K.

Like I don't understand multiple people coming into this 2-year-old thread and saying how he's useless, annoying, and a "watered down Rob Schremp"

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
I really don't understand how people still have so much animosity for Ho-Sang. He's clearly matured and was extremely humble in Leafs camp last year, openly talked about how he would be happy with any assignment the Leafs gave him and that he just wanted to be a part of the organization.

He didn't look out of place at all in preseason, drove play often and a large portion of the fanbase wanted him to make the team. He took an AHL deal, never complained once, and became a solid producer for the Marlies. The Leafs ended up not giving him an NHL deal again, so he decided to get a well-deserved payday in the K.

Like I don't understand multiple people coming into this 2-year-old thread and saying how he's useless, annoying, and a "watered down Rob Schremp"
He refused to change or adjust anything while with the Islanders/Bridgeport which is why the immaturity became pushed so much.

abo9

Jun 25, 2017

That's your interpretation and uhhh it's a pretty shitty one imo, to reduce Okposo's presence and impact to "he's black therefore that's why they named him".

"And don't forget Kyle Okposo's there too on Long Island, and with Tavares and Okposo they can get this guys in the right way real quick." ... then talks about the community with "Tavares and Okposo".

Sounds like Okposo was named moreso because he was a young, key player and leader for the Islanders alongside Tavares - he finished 2nd in ppg that season, 5th year with the "A". These guys were the future of the franchise and its leaders.

namttebih

Dec 11, 2010
East York
I’m surprised that expats are playing in the K. I’m not saying that they shouldn’t be, but I’m surprised that they’re allowed and that they want to - not for political reasons, I just wouldn’t feel uber safe travelling there right now. Isn’t there a travel ban there?

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022
I watched him on the Marlies this year.

He had a few moves but could never put them together in any meaningful way. As a game went on he became more invisible/disinterested.

I hope he finds his way back to the NHL some day.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->