Confirmed Signing with Link: F Josh Ho-Sang to the KHL

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
When talking about 'attitude' issues I think it's more about him being set in his ways and not adjusting to the team plan. Not that he's a bad kid, by all accounts he's a great person.

With Weight he'd extend his shifts and do too much and get himself in trouble and with Trotz he floated too much and wouldn't engage. The ol' 'he doesn't stop and go but does big circles'. Ho-Sang just can't commit to a team structure. Now that's an issue, a mental problem. But the kid is a very nice human being.

The attitude problem should be clarified.

Reactions: abo9

Bood12

Oct 12, 2016
Do you think you're smarter than the 30+ teams that want nothing to do with him? Give your head a shake. He f***ing sucks. He's not even a career AHLer putting up 50 points. He sucks more than that.
the eye and stats test do not agree with your assessment, but I am sure a "person" as yourself does not want to see him succeed as I am sure we are aware what is under the surface, or maybe not so much under the surface anymore

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
'he is treated unfairly'

next clip is him taking the puck from his blue line into the defensive zone where turns over the puck behind his own net.

It's weird to me that this kid is so polarizing---I'm surprised fans don't universally dislike him. He consistently comes across as whiny and arrogant in the media, then he goes on the ice and makes selfish/lazy plays, and then you sprinkle in stuff like him oversleeping his first NHL training camp when the team was going to skate him next to John freaking Tavares.

biotk

Jan 3, 2017
Buffalo
the eye and stats test do not agree with your assessment

30 teams not being willing to take a chance on picking him up for free indicates that your eye test is terrible and you believe stats that do an extremely poor job representing actual performance (ie publicly available advanced stats).

Bood12

Oct 12, 2016
30 teams not being willing to take a chance on picking him up for free indicates that your eye test is terrible and you believe stats that do an extremely poor job representing actual performance (ie publicly available advanced stats).
ha go look at social media and Islanders boards when Ho-Sang was in the lineup, the overwhelming majority of Islanders were extremely pleased with him and assumed he would be a mainstay on the roster, than he had a drop off and was sent back to Bridgeport and was buried by the team, many Islander fans were questioning the decision at the time but just assumed management had their reasons and went along with that, people like you know nothing about the situation and chime in with your "bias"

biotk

Jan 3, 2017
Buffalo
ha go look at social media and Islanders boards when Ho-Sang was in the lineup, the overwhelming majority of Islanders were extremely pleased with him and assumed he would be a mainstay on the roster, than he had a drop off and was sent back to Bridgeport and was buried by the team, many Islander fans were questioning the decision at the time but just assumed management had their reasons and went along with that, people like you know nothing about the situation and chime in with your "bias"

Even when he was available for free no team wanted Ho-Sang. So all your post is saying is social media and fan boards don't have a clue about hockey, which anyone with sense already knew. JFresh for example - people lose hockey understanding with every sentence of his they read.

Bood12

Oct 12, 2016
Even when he was available for free no team wanted Ho-Sang. So all your post is saying is social media and fan boards don't have a clue about hockey, which anyone with sense already knew.
ha yes "fans" are all idiots and the people who are appointed are all knowing and genius and should never be questioned, is that your mentality in all aspects of life?

biotk

Jan 3, 2017
Buffalo
ha yes "fans" are all idiots and the people who are appointed are all knowing and genius and should never be questioned, is that your mentality in all aspects of life?

When all 31 teams agree about the value of a player, yes the fans who hold the opposite view are idiots.

Bood12

Oct 12, 2016
When all 31 teams agree about the value of a player, yes the fans who hold the opposite view are idiots.
yup because pro sports and society in general do not have and have never had a "bias" when dealing with certain people

biotk

Jan 3, 2017
Buffalo
yup because pro sports and society in general do not have and have never had a "bias" when dealing with certain people

Yawn. These teams care about one thing - winning. Picking up a good player for free on a very cheap contract is something that all of those teams would be falling over each other to do if he was any good. But he is not.

Your idea that all 31 teams have the same "bias" is laughable. I am sorry that you think a player is much better than he actually is. Perhaps you could take this opportunity to learn things - like about the massive cognitive dissonance you are experiencing with Ho-Sang - and then it would less likely to happen again.

Bood12

Oct 12, 2016
Yawn. These teams care about one thing - winning. Picking up a good player for free on a very cheap contract is something that all of those teams would be falling over each other to do if he was any good. But he is not.

Your idea that all 31 teams have the same "bias" is laughable. I am sorry that you think a player is much better than he actually is. Perhaps you could take this opportunity to learn things - like about the massive cognitive dissonance you are experiencing with Ho-Sang - and then it would less likely to happen again.
do you think Colin Kapernick was deserving of a spot on a NFL team the last few years but was passed over based on teams not thinking he was good enough?

Bood12

Oct 12, 2016
I figured this is where you going. You are a bigger joke than I could have imagined.
and I figured you would not answer the question, just proves why the people like YOU and hockey in general want to bury him

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
yeah people involved in hockey are biased against selfish lazy bums with entitlement issues.

lots of teams are willing to take on reclamation projects, especially when the cost is low. he fails to meet that bar.

And he's been GIVEN lots of chances, he knows what is keeping him out of the league. with this knowledge he could chose to do something about his glaring deficiencies on the ice.

how's that working out for him?

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
It's weird to me that this kid is so polarizing---I'm surprised fans don't universally dislike him. He consistently comes across as whiny and arrogant in the media, then he goes on the ice and makes selfish/lazy plays, and then you sprinkle in stuff like him oversleeping his first NHL training camp when the team was going to skate him next to John freaking Tavares.

Tbf it really is one poster here defending him... Anyone who's played hockey probably understand why no teams want him (except maybe those who think like Ho-Sang about themselves). He's got an AMAZING talent though to make it this far, so he'll probably find jobs in leagues he can dominate. Pretty sure he'll be bouncing from team to team in Europe if he doesn't change...

Idk why he picked hockey, but his personality probably would not be a problem in an individual sport.

Bood12

Oct 12, 2016
Tbf it really is one poster here defending him... Anyone who's played hockey probably understand why no teams want him (except maybe those who think like Ho-Sang about themselves). He's got an AMAZING talent though to make it this far, so he'll probably find jobs in leagues he can dominate. Pretty sure he'll be bouncing from team to team in Europe if he doesn't change...

Idk why he picked hockey, but his personality probably would not be a problem in an individual sport.
so are you admitting it is his personality? that is what I suspected all along his race + his personality is keeping him out of the league , are you actually admitting it?

Total Bender

Unregistered User
Apr 20, 2014
Stl
so are you admitting it is his personality? that is what I suspected all along his race + his personality is keeping him out of the league , are you actually admitting it?
Pretty sure you're exhibiting more bias by dismissing all critisism of JHS as racism.

abo9

Jun 25, 2017

Hmmm I think there was a misunderstanding here (and not only with me)

I 100% believe that his personality is keeping him out of the league. I don't think anybody is actually refuting that?

For race - I'm staying away from that debate. Imo anyone with such personality would be out of the NHL by now.

Bood12

Oct 12, 2016
Pretty sure you're exhibiting more bias by dismissing all critisism of JHS as racism.
when there is absolutely no legitimate criticism of him and the stats and the eye tell me he should be deserving of alot more playing time than he got I am going to take a guess on what it is especially when we all know what is out there

Bood12

Oct 12, 2016
Hmmm I think there was a misunderstanding here (and not only with me)

I 100% believe that his personality is keeping him out of the league. I don't think anybody is actually refuting that?

For race - I'm staying away from that debate. Imo anyone with such personality would be out of the NHL by now.
ok so please explain his personality, and tell me why it is a hindrance, do you know him on a personal level? if so does he give you any inside information?

McRpro

Cont. without supporting.
Aug 18, 2006
Clown World
when there is absolutely no legitimate criticism of him and the stats and the eye tell me he should be deserving of alot more playing time than he got I am going to take a guess on what it is especially when we all know what is out there
Typical. Blame it all on his race. What about all the white players with attitude issues that can't make it either? Let's just ignore those player huh? GTFO.

Reactions: Nfumass

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
ok so please explain his personality, and tell me why it is a hindrance, do you know him on a personal level? if so does he give you any inside information?

Dude wtf. Read his interviews. Have you ever been on a team with a guy who says half this stuff? Or were you the one doing/saying that type of stuff? The first thing I think when reading those is how bad his own teammates must dislike him. Please name ONE NHL player who had a significantly longer career than Ho-Sang who was that bad at controlling his mouth in interviews?

I linked an article yesterday and like... that's ONE article and theres TONS of red flags in what HE says, if you ignore everything that's not him. If you want I can even fetch them all. They're almost all bad from a "hockey" perspective. All red flags. They're easy to find, I just have to ctrl-f the quote symbol.

As far as racism goes, we can only make educated guesses obviously, but he sounds 100% like the type of guy who would be outspoken about such things. He's outspoken about everything else and apparently understands that it's bad for his career. He has nothing to lose now, and BLM is in full force with the Diversity alliance, what does he have to lose?

Also, when I say his statements are red flags, I mean this guy needs help kinda red flags. Not, "Oh, he's a little immature but he'll grow up" kinda red flags. If he has not/does not change, he won't be staying on one team for long before the next

Bood12

Oct 12, 2016
Typical. Blame it all on his race. What about all the white players with attitude issues that can't make it either? Let's just ignore those player huh? GTFO.
have those white players proven they belong in the league as Ho-Sand has proven?

speaking of which, this is an extremely telling commentary here, go watch 1:35 of this after Ho-Sang was drafted, the commentator brings up DeAngelo and his "issues", DeAngelo's issues are he was a racist piece of s*** and got suspended for it, and based on the person DeAngelo has been since than he hasn't changed alot, and where is DeAngelo? oh yea he is playing every game for the New York Rangers, where is Ho-Sang and whatever his "issues" were? he is getting relegated to Russia

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
have those white players PROVEN they belong in the league as Ho-Sand has PROVEN?

speaking of which, this is an EXTREMELY telling commentary here, go watch 1:35 of this after Ho-Sang was drafted, the commentator brings up DeAngelo and his "issues", DeAngelo's issues are he was a racist piece of s*** and got suspended for it, and based on the person DeAngelo has been since than he hasn't changed alot, and where is DeAngelo? oh yea he is playing every game for the New York Rangers, where is Ho-Sang and whatever his "issues" were? he is getting relegated to Russia

DeAngelo scored more points last season in the NHL than Ho-Sang ever has at any professional level. As a defenseman.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad