Player Discussion: Josh Ho-Sang Pt II

Status
Not open for further replies.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
If I was a betting man, I would say he’s gone at the deadline or they just will not qualify him.

I’m not expecting GMLL to care whether they get assets back for him or not.

This article all but sealed his tenure in this organization. I can see him becoming a top nine guy somewhere else.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Aw Josh, c'mon already. If a New York reporter comes to Bridgeport don't talk to him. It's no good for you.

Yep. Not sure why he thinks they'll help him. They just make it worse for him. I don't think he said anything particularly bad, but you can only make so many of these controversial comments to the media before people sour on you.

If they're trying to teach him something, he obviously isn't getting the message. They need to let Ho-Sang be himself, find a different method of teaching him, or get rid of him.

Didn't Lou tell Ho-Sang not to talk to media earlier this year?

I believe Lou doesn't allow prospects to talk to the media during camp. Not sure about the rest of the season.

Reactions: bigtim1988

Brunomics

Sep 2, 2006
I wouldn't waive him but I'd definitely package him in a Leddy deal or something of the sort.

Brunomics

Sep 2, 2006
He acts like he's playing 4 on 4 roller hockey out there. He needs to go play some pro beach hockey and be a superstar instead of playing in the AHL.

Reactions: BelovedIsles

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Yep. Not sure why he thinks they'll help him. They just make it worse for him. I don't think he said anything particularly bad, but you can only make so many of these controversial comments to the media before people sour on you.

If they're trying to teach him something, he obviously isn't getting the message. They need to let Ho-Sang be himself, find a different method of teaching him, or get rid of him.
Last year it was cute when he spoke up. It’s not cute anymore.

I agree with the premise of what he’s saying 100%, Lou and Trotz probably had their minds made up about what kind of team they wanted. But Josh also knew what he was up against coming into camp. He could have played his shifts hard, instead he looked indecisive on the ice. He didn’t earn his spot in the NHL this camp. So by Ho-Sang speaking giving an interview to a Post reporter he created a situation of even if he’s right, he’s wrong.

HyeDray

Jul 13, 2006
New Hyde Park, NY
In a way this could be a blessing in disguise. Perhaps this will facilitate a trade and get this PITA out of the organization.

Look, he is this generations Oleg Kvasha. Nice gut. Well intentions. Oodles of talent. No ability to execute consistently in the NHL.

If Lou can package him for an asset we need — be it a G, D or F — the NY Islanders will be far better off. I could be wrong, but I just do not believe his 5¢ head will help him become an NHL player.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Ho-Sang's comments in the article aren't as damning as the title of the article would suggest, but the kid should have learned by now to just not say anything. Don't say anything that's even remotely critical, or sounding critical, of the organization. Don't say anything that even remotely sounds like complaints about his usage or ice time.

The guy just doesn't seem to get it. It seems like he just can't help talking about himself and what's holding him back anytime someone prompts him.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Ho-Sang's comments in the article aren't as damning as the title of the article would suggest, but the kid should have learned by now to just not say anything. Don't say anything that's even remotely critical, or sounding critical, of the organization. Don't say anything that even remotely sounds like complaints about his usage or ice time.

The guy just doesn't seem to get it. It seems like he just can't help talking about himself and what's holding him back anytime someone prompts him.
Josh, if a reporter drives up to Bridgeport from New York, don’t talk to him. If he calls your cell, hang up.

Reactions: BarzyClub

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Isn't he already a -8 down there?

Don't expect to be given a spot on a roster run by LL and BT if you don't show at least some familiarity with defensive play.

13th Floor

Oct 10, 2008
Isn't he already a -8 down there?

Don't expect to be given a spot on a roster run by LL and BT if you don't show at least some familiarity with defensive play.

Yea, this has bad news written all over it.

I agree with him that he likely was not going to make the team and Lou and Trotz knew it. Shouldn't have said anything, but I agree with him. But two months ago I still thought he had two routes to joining the Islanders and sticking. Either he improves his all around play and puts up points that make calling him up a no-brainer or someone in our top 6 gets hurt and he is the likely call up. But now, it looks like his play killed any chance of the former and his mouth killed any chance of the latter. If a top 6 winger slips in the bathtub today, Josh isn't getting that call.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Yea, this has bad news written all over it.

I agree with him that he likely was not going to make the team and Lou and Trotz knew it. Shouldn't have said anything, but I agree with him. But two months ago I still thought he had two routes to joining the Islanders and sticking. Either he improves his all around play and puts up points that make calling him up a no-brainer or someone in our top 6 gets hurt and he is the likely call up. But now, it looks like his play killed any chance of the former and his mouth killed any chance of the latter. If a top 6 winger slips in the bathtub today, Josh isn't getting that call.
Sad, but probably true. With luck, he'll figure it out, or it will be figured out for him, and he'll buckle down and earn a spot.

PuckItUp27

Sep 26, 2017
It's honestly a joke that this loser is still in our organization. He should have been gone the first time he opened his mouth 2 years ago.

There is nothing worse than someone who thinks they are better than everyone else who hasn't proven a damn thing. If he was so good he would be dominating the AHL. Maybe THEN you have the right to say something. The fact is he is garbage there too and hasn't done anything to warrant him being on the main roster. The fact that this kid has an ego problem on top of the fact that he puts up trash #s is a one way ticket out. I can't wait til I don't have to see, hear, or read about him anymore.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Ho-Sang for Puljujarvi, hell I'd even add a small piece or mid-pick
Sign me up. And while a lot of teams might view JHS as having negative value, EDM might not since JHS and McDavid were junior teammates and are friendly.

Reactions: xECK29x

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
It doesn't really matter what he says. He's got no filter, nothing new there. His performance is meh, so not much to get exercised over. I agree he won't be qualified. It's too bad - he came into last year with confidence and it all got sucked out. But it is what it is, and if he doesn't have the resiliency to work his way back up, he's not going to be player.

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
Said nothing bad, it's just annoying to read when he isn't producing but I thought from the people watching he was doing well, points weren't following.

He's just got to relax a little.

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
This sounds a lot like a conversation you should be having in a closed door meeting with your coach. Be honest with the coach and let him be honest with you.

He received an answer from Thompson he didn't like or he feels the organization isn't being honest with him. Either way he's lashing out again and it is not a good look.

Reactions: And You Feel Shame

JeffNYI

Jun 16, 2006
So he obviously wants out. What does he have to lose by speaking to the Post? Hell he probably invited them..

My prediction is there's a coach out there who believes in JHS and will urge his GM to acquire him.. and that coach will put the player in the best possible positions and we will once again be embarrassed as to how we mishandled yet another young man's career..

Yeah, yeah... JHS speaks to the media too much.. but not that long ago we all found it refreshing..

Konk

Mar 11, 2008

Thing is, and you know this following the OHL, he's always pulled the same shit. He hasn't learned. It's time to call it -- Josh is a f***ing idiot. Kid is dumb on the ice and off of it, plain and simple. Tired of making excuses for him year after year and I was a proponent of his even prior to being drafted by the Isles. Always felt like he would eventually grow up and learn.

But really, when it comes down to it, his skill is greatly overrated. He may skate fast and stickhandle like a flashy star, but his brain is much slower to process than his hands and feet. He almost always makes bad decisions with the puck -- like his highlight from a few weeks back when he blocked a shot in front of the net for the Sound Tigers -- what they don't show in the highlights is that he created the turnover with a stupid pass that led to the chance in the first place.

He hasn't accomplished dick in the AHL, but he wants to criticize accomplished guys like Lou and Barry. f*** that stupid kid.

It's time to part ways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->