Player Discussion: Josh Ho-Sang Pt II

Status
Not open for further replies.

DalGoal4Cups

Meet me at Belmont
Dec 4, 2011
Those are not the issues this season - it's not extended shifts or overhandling the puck.
It's his play away from the puck - he needs better focus and commitment to the system.

Let's move on
I was referring to his recent play in BP, I should have been more clear.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Yes - That's literally what I mean. Not trying to spin anything at all. The point is we have a poster here who thinks that "very young baby" cannot learn anything else in the AHL, which is truly insane taking everything into account.

You cut and paste part of Thompson's comments from last season , which without the rest of the comments puts a totally different spin on them.

And I do not recall Thompson calling JHS a "very young baby".
He pointed out JHS age, saying he is young . I believe in that article Thompson also discussed how JHS was working hard and had very high upside.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
You cut and paste part of Thompson's comments from last season , which without the rest of the comments puts a totally different spin on them.

And I do not recall Thompson calling JHS a "very young baby".
He pointed out JHS age, saying he is young . I believe in that article Thompson also discussed how JHS was working hard and had very high upside.

Who are you arguing with right now? Because it certainly isn't me.

My point is that Ho-Sang can still learn while in the AHL. Period. If you're not discussing that you're barking up the wrong tree.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Who are you arguing with right now? Because it certainly isn't me.

My point is that Ho-Sang can still learn while in the AHL. Period. If you're not discussing that you're barking up the wrong tree.
I am pointing out that you cut and pasted only part of Thompson's comments to support your argument . By leaving out the rest of the comments, it puts a totally different spin on Thompson's comments.

Yeah,he said JHS was a baby . But anyone reading the entire article would also have read he was discussing JHS AGE,not maturity level.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
I am pointing out that you cut and pasted only part of Thompson's comments to support your argument . By leaving out the rest of the comments, it puts a totally different spin on Thompson's comments.

Yeah,he said JHS was a baby . But anyone reading the entire article would also have read he was discussing JHS AGE,not maturity level.

Actually I did no such thing. This article did it:

https://eyesonisles.com/2018/01/12/new-york-islanders-brent-thompsons-comments-concerning/

And that's what I was quoting.

But the most amazing thing is...You're saying that Thompson "discussing JHS AGE,not maturity level," but he literally called Ho-Sang IMMATURE right in his quote. It's like you didn't read what he said, or what I said, and are just trying to put your agenda to work.

And on top of all that...Do you believe Ho-Sang could still learn in the AHL? Because that's the whole entire point.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Actually I did no such thing. This article did it:

https://eyesonisles.com/2018/01/12/new-york-islanders-brent-thompsons-comments-concerning/

And that's what I was quoting.

But the most amazing thing is...You're saying that Thompson "discussing JHS AGE,not maturity level," but he literally called Ho-Sang IMMATURE right in his quote. It's like you didn't read what he said, or what I said, and are just trying to put your agenda to work.

And on top of all that...Do you believe Ho-Sang could still learn in the AHL? Because that's the whole entire point.

I disgree that the baby comment referred to his immaturity. I think it referred to his age.
Greg Joyce wrote the article and im a later twitter question, responds to whether the baby comment referred to age or immaturity. Joyce sounds like he is saying Thompson's comment referred to age.The link to Joyce's tweet is below.

As to whether JHS could still learn in the AHL...I think he is nhl ready ,but his bad habits crept back into his game + his lack of nhl production during this call up made Trotz's decision to demote him an easy one when Eberle got healthy.

https://www.bardown.com/the-islande...o-sang-for-being-a-baby-and-immature-1.967090

Reactions: FUJudas91

Rehabguy

Always open minded
Oct 2, 2011
I disgree that the baby comment referred to his immaturity. I think it referred to his age.
Greg Joyce wrote the article and im a later twitter question, responds to whether the baby comment referred to age or immaturity. Joyce sounds like he is saying Thompson's comment referred to age.The link to Joyce's tweet is below.

As to whether JHS could still learn in the AHL...I think he is nhl ready ,but his bad habits crept back into his game + his lack of nhl production during this call up made Trotz's decision to demote him an easy one when Eberle got healthy.

https://www.bardown.com/the-islande...o-sang-for-being-a-baby-and-immature-1.967090
Yeah it was definitely about his age and lack of experience.

Rehabguy

Always open minded
Oct 2, 2011
He's in the AHL not to learn those on ice things, because he already knows how to do it. He's in the AHL to learn humility and dutifulness. He doesn't need training, he needs a shift in his outlook. Those aren't just mental errors, they're manifestations of his overall problematic lack of maturity and discipline.

The consequences you speak of is playing in the NHL vs the AHL.
That's exactly what I'm saying. Not much more the AHL can teach him other than you are staying there until you act more responsibly and listen to your coach.

Rehabguy

Always open minded
Oct 2, 2011
If there's one thing I would say in defense of Ho Sang is that he may be playing a totally different game if he was with the team straight out of camp. In fairness to him the other younger players, Barzal Beauvillier, the younger defenseman were playing at a level similar to how Ho Sang is playing now. They were making glaring mistakes at the beginning of the season when the team was batting around .500 and they were not producing as well as they are now. As I've argued before both Toews and Ho Sang were ready to have a try out at the NHL level from the beginning of the season. The other players were already acclimated to the new system, Ho Sang was thrown into the fire a quarter of the way into the season when the team's offense was sputtering and I think we've all seen how his presence alone was a net positive. I hope they don't give up on this kid. I think he deserves another chance or two at this. He's too talented.

GrandmaSlices51631

Dec 12, 2013
Long Beach
If there's one thing I would say in defense of Ho Sang is that he may be playing a totally different game if he was with the team straight out of camp. In fairness to him the other younger players, Barzal Beauvillier, the younger defenseman were playing at a level similar to how Ho Sang is playing now. They were making glaring mistakes at the beginning of the season when the team was batting around .500 and they were not producing as well as they are now. As I've argued before both Toews and Ho Sang were ready to have a try out at the NHL level from the beginning of the season. The other players were already acclimated to the new system, Ho Sang was thrown into the fire a quarter of the way into the season when the team's offense was sputtering and I think we've all seen how his presence alone was a net positive. I hope they don't give up on this kid. I think he deserves another chance or two at this. He's too talented.

Let’s just keep him forever , he can be the flashiest journeymen of all time.

I realize roster spots have ALOT to do with this since he is not going to replace Bailey or Eberle.

He won’t work on the 4th line. So it really only leaves that 3rd line now- which occupied by Leo.

I think he should get one more long hard look. Jockeying him between the minors and pro is disruptive. He needs a 25-30 game look. Then decisions should be made

SI

Feb 16, 2013
I would explore a deal for Oilers 2018 second round pick Ryan McLeod

Rehabguy

Always open minded
Oct 2, 2011
Let’s just keep him forever , he can be the flashiest journeymen of all time.

I realize roster spots have ALOT to do with this since he is not going to replace Bailey or Eberle.

He won’t work on the 4th line. So it really only leaves that 3rd line now- which occupied by Leo.

I think he should get one more long hard look. Jockeying him between the minors and pro is disruptive. He needs a 25-30 game look. Then decisions should be made
I was thinking the same thing yesterday. The roster looks pretty set for this year, but injuries will happen. The Islanders are playoff bound and I'd want to have this kid in the mix for a few more games (around 25-30) just to have him ready as a backup.

ThreeLeftSkates

Nov 20, 2008
I think JHS had his shot with the new regime, and he blew it. Part of a package, because he has little value.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
So much for being the best player in the draft.

Would be fascinating to ask Ho-Sang right now:

1. In 2014 you said in you would be the best player from your draft class. Do you think you are as of today?
  2. If not, why do you think that is?

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Would be fascinating to ask Ho-Sang right now:

1. In 2014 you said in you would be the best player from your draft class. Do you think you are as of today?
  2. If not, why do you think that is?

Knowing his ermm confidence, I'd be shocked if he didn't still believe he was, but just hasn't been given the opportunity to show it that the other guys have.

Reactions: LeapOnOver

Bood12

Oct 12, 2016
I think JHS had his shot with the new regime, and he blew it. Part of a package, because he has little value.
yea a 21 year old who was arguably the best player during a good chunk of his recent 10 day call up made a bad play or 2 in the last game of that call up is worthless, lets get rid of him

crasherino

May 9, 2013
yea a 21 year old who was arguably the best player during a good chunk of his recent 10 day call up made a bad play or 2 in the last game of that call up is worthless, lets get rid of him
Well he’s not worthless but what do you think his trade value is at this point? Not saying I would trade him now but just wondering what you think his market value is right now.

DalGoal4Cups

Meet me at Belmont
Dec 4, 2011
Well he’s not worthless but what do you think his trade value is at this point? Not saying I would trade him now but just wondering what you think his market value is right now.

A struggling prospect trade. Similar to what the yotes did with strome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad