News: Josh Ho-Sang has requested a trade

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Players who pass through get traded lots, teams don’t deem the valuable enough to use a roster spot, or add a contract. So they are moved for a similar caliber contract. So his value is probably that of an AHL player who is on an NHL contract

So just say Manning straight up . Manning is a good team mate and never complains . Ho Sang is a malcontent who is in the new a lot but always for the wrong reason . It is too bad as Ho Sang has skills but his attitude take the value away .

BloodRedArmy

Nov 29, 2013
Bytown
Agreed, but having the option to send him down after a few games if you believe you can work with him is something.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
It would be worth the gamble for the Habs imo. Maybe add conditional picks based on nhl games played. Both guys could use a fresh start in new organizations

HoSang isnt even the first waived former 1st rounder I'd trade for.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
as an Islanders fan I much rather just take the highest draft pick offered and some ECHL contract dump(so a team doesn't lose a roster spot) then trading for a player in a similar situation. With Holmstrom making bridgeport we don't need another body down there fighting for ice time. I would also be willing to trade for a b/c-level prospect currently not playing professional hockey(ie NCAA or CHL)

redwings25

Jul 28, 2016
no one wanted ho-sang for free and he demands a trade? good luck. I hear walmart is hiring.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Is he going to report to the AHL affiliate of the hypothetical team that acquires him?

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
Is he going to report to the AHL affiliate of the hypothetical team that acquires him?

Probably. He started his career the wrong way and it seems like his relations with Islanders management are simply toxic.

I'm sure he wants to go to another team and press the reset buttons on his relations with his superiors and teammates.

Reactions: egelband and JackFr

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
If Barry Trotz can't get Ho-Sang to buy in, I don't think there are many coaches around that would be any more successful with the player.

A team that would be willing to let him play his game. I am not saying trade for him in hope he changes but if you are willing to put up with his run and gun style he might be good for 50-60 points.

BudBundy

May 16, 2005
Fortunately Ho-Sang isn’t an actual NHL player, so it applies.
im·pli·ca·tion
/ˌimpləˈkāSH(ə)n/
noun
noun: implication; plural noun: implications

1. the conclusion that can be drawn from something although it is not explicitly stated.
    "the implication is that no one person at the bank is responsible"

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
If Barry Trotz can't get Ho-Sang to buy in, I don't think there are many coaches around that would be any more successful with the player.

Except he has bought in. If you read Trotz and Ho-Sangs comments you would know that. He just hasn’t taken anyone’s job. Needed to probably produce more in the preseason.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Honk for Ho
Fixed that for you. :sarcasm:

While true, this really undermines his whole argument that he should be traded because he deserves to be in the NHL. If in fact anyone wants to acquire him (which is hard to imagine at this point) their first move will be to do the exact thing which sparked his trade demand in the first place.
Who said his whole argument is he should be traded because he deserves to be in the NHL?

Josh Ho-Sang has been in the isles organization for what, 5 years now? Maybe he just wants a new opportunity with a new organization. I haven't read anywhere that the Ho-Sang has refused to play in the AHL...just that he'd rather play for a different org. I get that he is a controversial player, but I don't think it's crazy for anyone who has been with an org for that long and not made it the NHL full time to ask for an opportunity elsewhere.

no one wanted ho-sang for free and he demands a trade? good luck. I hear walmart is hiring.
Players clear waivers before being traded all the time.

Reactions: egelband

Canad13ns

Nov 6, 2018
lol kid is gonna be waiting for a loooonnnnnggggg time. Teams wouldn't even claim him for free when he was on waivers. What the hell makes the Ho-Sang camp think someone now wants to give up something for him?

Claiming him off waivers would mean giving him an NHL roster spot. Taking him after he's cleared waivers means he can play in the AHL and prove himself with a new team (or not) and all that has to be given up in another AHL player. Another team could take a flyer or him if they think JHS is hard done by and could still break out or if they can get rid of someone similar (a frustrating player underperforming relative to draft rank).

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
I dont know where these never has been players like Honka and Ho Sang get off asking for trades. Don't they have agents to tell them they have never done anything of value to make a trade with? Especially Ho Sang who was obviously going on waivers.

As I write this it only makes sense that they are insane and I should only have pity on their agents who have clearly given up on trying to make sense to crazy people.

Reactions: Barnaby

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
Claiming him off waivers would mean giving him an NHL roster spot. Taking him after he's cleared waivers means he can play in the AHL and prove himself with a new team (or not) and all that has to be given up in another AHL player. Another team could take a flyer or him if they think JHS is hard done by and could still break out or if they can get rid of someone similar (a frustrating player underperforming relative to draft rank).
If you are the only crazy GM willing to poison their team/AHL club with his insanity then there is no problem. As 30 teams are unwilling to do so your point is moot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad