Player Discussion: Josh Ho-Sang

Costigan77

Oct 7, 2014
Manhasset, NY
How much could Lou get in return?
A seventh rd pick?
If Lou was so concerned about draft picks he could have acquired some at the deadline. Or signed several cheap veteran players to one year deals and use as trade bait.
Keeping Brassard showed me Lou isnt all that interested in late round draft picks.

I guess I'm paying the troll toll.

Derek Brassard is not on the Islander payroll----Strike 1

Ho-Sang was on the block for about 4 months....before he tucked his tail and came back----Strike 2

.....still didn't jive....and was loaned to another organization----Strike 9,000

Yes.....a 7th is better than 0.

Lou is literally stating.....a 7th rounder for him will work. And basically it is Ottawa.....take Boychuk, one or two 2's (sorry for the grammar) bellows and HoSang. He is a "sweetener. "

You realize this dude isn't even a option for the KHL, right?

Last edited:
Reactions: PWJunior

Newsworthy

Jan 28, 2018
USA
I guess I'm paying the troll toll.

Derek Brassard is not on the Islander payroll----Strike 1

Ho-Sang was on the block for about 4 months....before he tucked his tail and came back----Strike 2

.....still didn't jive....and was loaned to another organization----Strike 9,000

Yes.....a 7th is better than 0.

Lou is literally stating.....a 7th rounder for him will work. And basically it is Ottawa.....take Boychuk, one or two 2's (sorry for the grammar) bellows and HoSang. He is a "sweetener. "

You realize this dude isn't even a option for the KHL, right?

I'm talking about last year's trade deadline. Lou didn't trade any of the vets he signed including Brassard.
GMs traditionally sign veteran players to cheap one year deals to build up value during the season in order to trade them at the deadline for draft picks.
Normally it happens with non-playoff teams but not always and as I said if Lou was interested in draft picks that's pretty much the easiest way to do it.

As for JHS the funny thing is Lou didn't expect him to file for arbitration. So Lou is pretty much paying him the same amount by coming to an agreement earlier especially if JHS is stuck in the minors.
Because 200,00 to play in the AHL isn't bad. This is why I believe If he's not dealt I think there is a chance he will have an opportunity with the big club.

Last edited:

Richie Daggers Crime

Boosted 9 times they/them
Mar 8, 2004
Boise
GMs traditionally sign veteran players to cheap one year deals to build up value during the season in order to trade them at the deadline for draft picks.

woGeAUO.jpg

Costigan77

Oct 7, 2014
Manhasset, NY
I'm talking about last year's trade deadline. Lou didn't trade any of the vets he signed including Brassard.
Normally it happens with non-playoff teams
but not always and as I said if Lou was interested in draft picks that's pretty much the easiest way to do it.

As for JHS the funny thing is Lou didn't expect him to file for arbitration. So Lou is pretty much paying him the same amount by coming to an agreement earlier especially if JHS is stuck in the minors.
Because 200,00 to play in the AHL isn't bad. This is why I believe If he's not dealt I think there is a chance he will have an opportunity with the big club.

1.) I'm not sure if you have cable or internet access....the Isles went to the ECF. If Brock buries a breakaway....they may be SC Champions. So uhhhh....Brassard didn't sign to be traded. They were a playoff team at the deadline. Pretty sure thats why they TRADED FOR and SIGNED the top player on the market. (Pageau)

2.) Lou tendered a qualifying offer. This is prior to arbitration. Annnndddd I'm pretty sure Lou expected Ho-Sang too.....because Josh doesn't play for free.....and professional contracts have salary jump points. And 200k in the minors is not 1mill with incentives in the pros---against the cap. He is literally in the same position with ho-sang as he was last year. If he plays well, bonus. If not, he is signed and can trade him. You don't get this?

I really think you need to research, educate, etc before posting. THis is getting sad

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
1.) I'm not sure if you have cable or internet access....the Isles went to the ECF. If Brock buries a breakaway....they may be SC Champions. So uhhhh....Brassard didn't sign to be traded. They were a playoff team at the deadline. Pretty sure thats why they TRADED FOR and SIGNED the top player on the market. (Pageau)

2.) Lou tendered a qualifying offer. This is prior to arbitration. Annnndddd I'm pretty sure Lou expected Ho-Sang too.....because Josh doesn't play for free.....and professional contracts have salary jump points. And 200k in the minors is not 1mill with incentives in the pros---against the cap. He is literally in the same position with ho-sang as he was last year. If he plays well, bonus. If not, he is signed and can trade him. You don't get this?

I really think you need to research, educate, etc before posting. THis is getting sad
As an aside, settling with a player prior to arbitration is always preferable. Even if it’s for a handsome AHL salary.

So once the wheels were set in motion, Lou settling with Ho-Sang was the less messy way to go. Feelings were spared.

NHL Dude 120

Jun 18, 2011
Ottawa
What's going on with Ho-sang Islanders fans? He was extended yet isn't reporting to training camp? Some on r/hockey speculate it's because Lou is being vindictive.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
What's going on with Ho-sang Islanders fans? He was extended yet isn't reporting to training camp? Some on r/hockey speculate it's because Lou is being vindictive.

It's not that JHS is not reporting for camp. It's that after qualifying JHS,who last season requested a trade and wanted a change of scenery, Lou has decided not to invite JHS to camp.

Metnut

Jan 19, 2013
Looks like he’s being lent to Sweden. Good for him to get a chance to develop into a 2-way player and get a bit of a fresh start over there.

He’s still only an RFA after this season I believe, so he’s still under Isles control for now.

SI

Feb 16, 2013
I think he will be a Group VI free agent after this season, so just a weird, awkward move to qualify him.

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
Looks like he’s being lent to Sweden. Good for him to get a chance to develop into a 2-way player and get a bit of a fresh start over there.

He’s still only an RFA after this season I believe, so he’s still under Isles control for now.
Hahahahhahahaa...no one wants this kid in the AHL and NHL in NA, but he still needs a chance.

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012

hope he likes Artsoppa. Mmm Mmm. Maybe he starts a career in bobsledding .
I still believe we will see him again in an Isles sweater. Just can’t say what year this will be ..LGI

Uncle Duke

Heads up, fellas!
May 14, 2018
Sarasota, FL
Hahahahhahahaa...no one wants this kid in the AHL and NHL in NA, but he still needs a chance.
I hope what you're laughing at is the Isles organization and Lou for enabling this absurd side show to continue at all on LI. I don't know who pays in this loan scenario, but whoever it is, the question remains, what was the point? Good luck to him.

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
About 99% for him and about 1% for the organization. He doesn’t seem to be a distraction to management, rather they are finding ways to give him a chance...just far away from anything that matters to the actual organization, but it’s a chance for Mr. Gonna Show You! to keep showing everyone what he’s showing everyone...nothing much.

The Isles will retain his rights up to the point where they no longer can. He’ll be on his merry way at that point as a free agent to sign with anyone...we’ll see how that goes...

GrandmaSlices51631

Dec 12, 2013
Long Beach
Ho-Sang: "Om alla är som Mozart så..."
I know some are tired of hearing about Ho Sang but for those interested. Here's an interview today in sweden.

Ho-Sang is aging in dog years. I felt like he looked pretty vibrant & young not long ago. Perhaps the stress of not having a regular NHL job + the pandemic has taken it's toll.

Seems like this is an opportunity for him to be himself as he mentioned during the interview that "you'll like most of what I bring, some stuff you might not" or something to that degree....

What a bizarre story.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad