Josh Harding Traded to Wheat Kings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Deaner

Mar 6, 2003
Calgary
Visit site
Harding traded to Wheat Kings in exchange for 17 year old goalie Dustin Slade, 15 year old Forward Ryan MacDonald and a 2004 ? 3rd round pick. Good trade for both teams IMO. Wheaties are loading up to probably take their last shot at the memorial cup and the Pats get more good young players.

leafaholix*

Wow, they just went from being one of the worst teams in the WHL to being a pretty good team.

Last edited by a moderator:

PEli*

go pierre hedin said:
Wow, they just went from being one of the worst teams in the AHL to being a pretty good team.

The Wheat Kings are a WHL team.

Anybody have any info on Slade? Has anybody seen him first hand?

leafaholix*

I was talking about Colaiacovo in the AHL just prior to that post.

I appologize.

Aaron Vickers said:
Too little too late for the Wheat Kings, isn't it?

Though with Harding, who knows.

In addition to acquiring the best goalie in the league (and possibly the CHL) today, they added last year's WHL scoring champ, Erik Christensen, and 19 year-old defenceman Tyler Boldt last week in a deal with Kamloops. Also they have been without Tim Konsorada, their top returning player from last year, as he had shoulder surgery right before the season and has been recovering. Expect him back in the next week.

The WHL is wide-open this year, and these deals have definitely turned Brandon from a pretender into a contender.

whlfanatic said:
Are contenders usually 6 games below .500? Just curious.

I'd say they got a long ways to go before they lose the pretenders label.

Have the playoffs started yet? Brandon is currently in a playoff spot definitely has the firepower now to make some noise. The WHL is wide open this year, no one has established themselves as "the team to beat".

Brandon was probably the most disappointing team in the league before Christmas, as they were in the CHL Pre-Season Top 10 and look at them now. They are definitely a team to watch in the second half.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad