Josh Hader Twitter Controversy (and many other players)

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Those tweets are pretty bad but what's the point of bringing them up now?

You never said anything racist or sexist when you were young?

let's not act like hader was 10 when he posted those things

and the tweets are far too awful to ignore

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
How do you even dig up old tweets without scrolling down forever? Can you just search a tweet? I want to see old tweets when LeBron first won his title with Miami.

darko

Feb 16, 2009

Point is he was young and stupid and it serves no purpose to bring them up now. Those that dug them up are just looking for headlines.

Oscar Acosta

Mar 19, 2011

Are they though?
I remember at 16 working at a movie theatre when our manager asked me and a friend why we called everything gay or each other fags all the time. We were like I don’t know just what people say. Turns out he was gay and we didn’t care and hung out with the dude all the time after. My cousin just got married to a guy and I stood at his wedding I really don’t care but if my 17 year old comments were public light it would seem I did and do.
Different time in the late 90s no doubt but still should have known better.

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
"I hate gay people" and "White Power" are just impossible to shrug off. If it was just a gay joke, then maybe. But he said the word "hate." And anything that has to do with White Power is deplorable. So yeah, his reputation is f***ed.

Oscar Acosta

Mar 19, 2011
Yeah Haders are bad I just mean the Tweets that are dug up like Mike Trout saying to someone when he was 17 “you are gay lol” hardly holds any weight to me.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
How do you even dig up old tweets without scrolling down forever? Can you just search a tweet? I want to see old tweets when LeBron first won his title with Miami.

On twitter there's a search where you can type in a user name and then whatever word you want after it. So if someone goes on the search and types in @jhader17 gay or @jhader17 n word they would see the tweets.

Also, Manfred needs to stfu about Trout marketing himself more. His job is to play baseball. Why doesn't your clown shoes marketing department do their job?

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
someone dug up schwarber's old tweets and there's one of him calling a friend gay. as in "lol you're so gay" or something like that

that's not something to villify someone over. we all talked like that as teens

but hader's are on another level

Reactions: The Night King

Duke33

Oct 9, 2009
Houston, TX
On twitter there's a search where you can type in a user name and then whatever word you want after it. So if someone goes on the search and types in @jhader17 gay or @jhader17 n word they would see the tweets.

Also, Manfred needs to **** about Trout marketing himself more. His job is to play baseball. Why doesn't your clown shoes marketing department do their job?

Yeah I saw the goofs before the game talking about how Trout needs to get someplace where he can be marketed more. He's in f-ing Los Angeles and can't get marketed? Granted in that division it's going to be a challenge for a long time to contend but still.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
Why do we care what he did at 17? Why are we digging up what some guys did or said in their past? Eveeryone has done or said things in their past they would like back. Hell most CEOs in this country and the people who run shit are the worst and have done a lot of crappy things and have a lot of top views. Hell a lot of the guys running things are actually racist and sexist and stuff. [MOD]

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: CPTN71

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California

Also, Manfred needs to **** about Trout marketing himself more. His job is to play baseball. Why doesn't your clown shoes marketing department do their job?

Trout has the personality of a rock so marketing him is already a challenge. Baseball players in general are just simply hard to market. When do you ever see them in street clothes? Networks never show players arriving at the ballpark. NBA players are always shown on TV in their street clothes before the game. Plus, baseball players wear hats 90% of the time so you don't really get to see wacky hairstyles.

Reactions: The Night King

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
You can't make Trout something he isn't, he is not a PK Subban type personality. I think it's great what PK does, but that is just not Trout.

But I would also like to add, having seen Mike Trout play all over the country, no one signs more before the games than he does, and he is wonderful at engaging each of the kids, I saw it first hand with my daughter last year. He gets it that he has a responsibility, but he does it ways other than massive self promotion.

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
We live in a day where if you do something offensive/repulsive/illegal, it doesn't matter how long ago it was, how much you meant it, how true it is, or how different a person you are, you will be crucified. I think Hader survives this, but it's possible he won't.

What he said is likely nothing that many other (white) star high school athletes from the South haven't said in a more private setting. Josh Hader just appears to be a particular stupid subsection of those people who 1) said it on Twitter 2) was dumb enough not to scrub it.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
What he said is likely nothing that many other (white) star high school athletes from the South haven't said in a more private setting. Josh Hader just appears to be a particular stupid subsection of those people who 1) said it on Twitter 2) was dumb enough not to scrub it.

Yeah he's guilty of being dumb. Not the first white person to make such comments. Lots of black people have said racist things. Lots of Asian people have said racist things. One of my best mates is Chinese and he reckons Chinese are some of the most racist people on the planet. I was racially abused by both white people and other skin colours. Sadly racism is all around us.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
Im surprised no one is caring about louis trivino the athletics pitcher. His tweets are bad too

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
Im surprised how bored society is to dig up old social media posts. People in todays society really have no lives. Who did it? What did they gain from finding them?

Hilarious you have to go to sensitivity training. I wouldnt take that shit seriously and most people wouldnt. Theres no law that says you have to love everyone you work with. Most people hate their jobs anyway and wouldnt do it without the $$$$ signs. Of course hes lucky he gets to play a game. Sure a team should be cohesive but this idea in a world of billions that you will like everyone you meet is a pipe dream

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Yeah Haders are bad I just mean the Tweets that are dug up like Mike Trout saying to someone when he was 17 “you are gay lol” hardly holds any weight to me.

"Omgz, Trout's homophobic you guys, this is terrible, EVERYBODY MUST KNOW ABOUT WHAT HE SAID A DECADE AGO!" :scared:

Agreed on these archaic tweets being totally irrelevant right now. Means nothing, and anyone getting all up in arms over them clearly doesn't have anything better to do. :help:

Reactions: darko

King Mapes

Sub to My YouTube Blocks_4_days
Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton
If you're dumb enough to not scrub your twitter, you deserve it. And some of those tweets are pretty disgusting.

I wonder if the Brewers or MLB take action.

Pillar and Escobar were suspended for slurs but during games as MLB players, so I doubt it.
That's not even remotely the same. The guy wasn't even drafted yet. They did it playing in the MLB and during live games.

IslesFan2017

May 29, 2017
Hader's tweets are reprehensible, but I hope that he has grown and acknowledged that this kind of behavior is not acceptable. I don't care if it was when he wasn't drafted yet, the things that he said have no place in modern society. As long as he doesn't engage in that kind of behavior again, I think everybody can move past this and accept his remorse.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Hader's tweets are reprehensible, but I hope that he has grown and acknowledged that this kind of behavior is not acceptable. I don't care if it was when he wasn't drafted yet, the things that he said have no place in modern society. As long as he doesn't engage in that kind of behavior again, I think everybody can move past this and accept his remorse.

Milwaukee fans sure seemed to last night, gave him standing O when he came in to pitch.

Of course some were upset about that in itself..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad