Status
Not open for further replies.

Patty Ice

Straight to the Banc
Feb 27, 2002
Not California
JohnnyChoice said:
What about Tyutin or Doug Murray

Now I know you've been talking to Adam...please redirect me to that thread.

For the record let me say I thought Murray would have a tough time finding a spot in the NHL due to skating but boy was I was wrong (while Adam was telling us otherwise). Uber Tap has been pounding guys mercilessly and showing fine defensive work...not just a one trick pony.

and to those who don't know Gorges...you'll know about him soon enough.

Avery4Byng*

Gorges is one of the most un-heard of prospects in hockey. Never drafted to the WHL, yet captain of the Memorial Cup champions. Never drafted to the NHL, now starting to see spot duty with the Sharks. Great player, great person.

Tap on the Ankle

Jun 9, 2004
Ottawa
tray said:
Gorges is one of the most un-heard of prospects in hockey. Never drafted to the WHL, yet captain of the Memorial Cup champions. Never drafted to the NHL, now starting to see spot duty with the Sharks. Great player, great person.
A good player that no one has ever heard of...

Sounds like a typical Shark to me.

Kritty

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Patty Ice said:
For the record let me say I thought Murray would have a tough time finding a spot in the NHL due to skating but boy was I was wrong (while Adam was telling us otherwise). Uber Tap has been pounding guys mercilessly and showing fine defensive work...not just a one trick pony.

and to those who don't know Gorges...you'll know about him soon enough.

I've always liked what Murray brings to the table. Not flashy, but very effective. I think you could see him surprise alot of people with his development. As for Gorges, I echo your sentiments perfectly. This is a guy that very few people know about unless they follow the Sharks. He has alot of talent and I think will surprise a ton of people. I can see him being a 2nd pairing dman.

As for the comparison, it's not a fair one. Tyutin has been hyped like crazy and will have better value based on that and his potential alone. Based on play to this point, it's not so simple. Tyutin has not looked good at all this season, very overmatched while both Murray and Gorges have not looked out of place in their stints thus far. This could be interesting to watch unfold.

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
Rush5Collapse5 said:
Yeah, who's this Joe Thornton guy anyways?

I think he is talking about the Sharks' prospects who are often unheard of but do fine in the NHL.

First of all, one poster said that Tyutin is better than Gorges at all aspects of the game. However, Gorges has much more work ethic and is better defensively. Tyutin is far superior offensively, and that does give him the edge. It is not as massive as one would think, however. Tyutin definitely has much more skill/potential, but Gorges maximizes whater potential he does have much more effectively.

Murray has been a slight surprise, but I think that Gorges will eventually be better than him. Tyutin > Gorges > Murray imo.

Slitty

Oct 23, 2005
superroyain10 said:
I think he is talking about the Sharks' prospects who are often unheard of but do fine in the NHL.

First of all, one poster said that Tyutin is better than Gorges at all aspects of the game. However, Gorges has much more work ethic and is better defensively. Tyutin is far superior offensively, and that does give him the edge. It is not as massive as one would think, however. Tyutin definitely has much more skill/potential, but Gorges maximizes whater potential he does have much more effectively.

Murray has been a slight surprise, but I think that Gorges will eventually be better than him. Tyutin > Gorges > Murray imo.

Tyutin better offensively and worse defensively? Please tell me you're kidding. Oh wait, is Tyutin wrongly regarded as a solid defensive defender who couldn't scare the Washington Capitals with his non existant offenisive prowess?

You must be confusing Tyutin with someone else :confused:

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
Slitty said:
Tyutin better offensively and worse defensively? Please tell me you're kidding. Oh wait, is Tyutin wrongly regarded as a solid defensive defender who couldn't scare the Washington Capitals with his non existant offenisive prowess?

You must be confusing Tyutin with someone else :confused:

I never said that Tyutin is bad defenisvely. Its just that Gorges is/will be better, IMO. Tyutin is also underrated offensively, and Gorges has a limited offensive game.

ukyo

Mar 2, 2003
Silicon Valley
Visit site
superroyain10 said:

No way is Gorges better than Tyutin defensively, although I completely agree that he is a harder worker. Not to say that Tyutin is soft, but if Tyutin had the edge that Gorges has he'd be a monstrosity. Gorges plays like a 6' 4" defenseman should, and if he really were that big he'd have gone first round easily. As it is, I'd still take Tyutin.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
ukyo said:
No way is Gorges better than Tyutin defensively, although I completely agree that he is a harder worker. Not to say that Tyutin is soft, but if Tyutin had the edge that Gorges has he'd be a monstrosity. Gorges plays like a 6' 4" defenseman should, and if he really were that big he'd have gone first round easily. As it is, I'd still take Tyutin.

This season so far Tyutin has been VERY good defensively, hes faced about a half a dozen 2 on 1s and maybe 1 of them have even produced a shot. Offensively he has been off a bit, but now he is starting to pick that up with 4 points in his last 2 games.

ukyo

Mar 2, 2003
Silicon Valley
Visit site
Patrick Bateman said:
Well there must be some way, because he is.

Meh, everyone is entitled to their opinion. I don't think Gorges is THAT good defensively (I'll say above average but that's it) and I think Tyutin is pretty darn good.

Skroob*

JohnnyChoice said:
No I'm a Ranger fan. Tyutin hasn't been all that great this year.

He's a rookie who has to spend a lot of time baby-sitting Tom Poti. You can't expect miracles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad