NFL: Josh Gordon reinstated (signs with the Chiefs)

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
That's a bit of a surprise. You'd figure the cat was on his last life but here he comes again. Inb4 Southgeorge says the league is rigged.

This is an interesting case. While i don't blame the NFL for dropping the hammer on him (i get it, weed is legal in a good part of the country) considering he's had so many bloody changes and at some point it becomes more about how stupid one is, rather than the legality of a drug, i do wonder if this signals somewhat of a changing in thinking in the NFL's eyes.

At some point, weed will be legal in a bigger % of the country and both the NFL and NBA will have to change policy.

Reactions: Boeser Fan

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
How long before ChrisK97 is in here crying about how this isn’t fair?
Well, it’s not fair.

When he was with the Browns, Josh Gordon would be suspended for entire seasons at a time. Now that he's a Patriot, he's reinstated after only missing a few games. Can't say I'm surprised.

pockets

Thank you, Bill!
Aug 12, 2003
Green Mountain
Well, it’s not fair.

When he was with the Browns, Josh Gordon would be suspended for entire seasons at a time. Now that he's a Patriot, he's reinstated after only missing a few games. Can't say I'm surprised.
Oh cry me a f***ing river.

After the absurdity of deflategate it’s pretty clear Goodell doesn’t give two f***s about helping the Pats. I think this has more to do with the changing attitudes and laws of cannabis and how they relate to the upcoming CBA negotiations than it does the Patriots. Throw in the potential for a pr nightmare for the NFL if they didn’t reinstate him but let that woman and child abuser Tyreek Hill off with literally nothing.

solventless710

Jan 5, 2005
Well, it’s not fair.

I can taste the salt from this post.

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
Well, it’s not fair.

You know what I think is hilarious?

Fans here in Boston think the NFL is hell-bent on f*cking the Patriots, and fans of the other 31 teams say that the NFL front office is on the Patriots’ payroll.

Both sides can’t be right.

Troy McClure

Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
You know what I think is hilarious?

Fans here in Boston think the NFL is hell-bent on f*cking the Patriots, and fans of the other 31 teams say that the NFL front office is on the Patriots’ payroll.

Both sides can’t be right.
Good point. Then let's agree Pats fans are 1/32nd correct and the rest of the fans are 31/32nd correct.

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
Well, it’s not fair.

Maybe the league figured that the sooner he is reinstated, the sooner he can screw up and be fined & suspended again? They are trying to pad their total suspension #'s

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
Well this is going to open a pandoras box when it comes to future players getting busted for pot.
Players will appeal based on consistency alone from the NFL front office when it comes to handling of future suspensions

Troy McClure

Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Well this is going to open a pandoras box when it comes to future players getting busted for pot.
Players will appeal based on consistency alone from the NFL front office when it comes to handling of future suspensions
Keep in mind the league never says what a player was busted with. We don’t ever know what all Gordon was busted for each time. We assume pot because we all know he loooooves the reefer, but he’s also had a DUI and admitted to being drunk during most every game he played.

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
Keep in mind the league never says what a player was busted with. We don’t ever know what all Gordon was busted for each time. We assume pot because we all know he loooooves the reefer, but he’s also had a DUI and admitted to being drunk during most every game he played.

True. I just assumed it was pot because yeah, what you said. That being said this is likely his last chance

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
As a Pats fan of course I'm glad, but I'd say it's 75% chance that he doesn't make it to week 10.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
Lol. “Weed”.

Gordon was into nose candy. The league obviously never says, but this is common knowledge. JG admitted as much in multiple articles.

Reactions: Voight

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad