NFL: Josh Gordon placed on IR (Knee)

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Was worried this was going to be the case.

I'm fine with moving on as well. He really didn't fit in very well.

Sanu signed for next year helps.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Edelman, Sanu, Dorsett, Harry and Meyers is indeed a fine group... for this year and next.

Some different stories out there that Gordon is healthy and could play this weekend but won't be.

Gotta wonder if there are other things going on behind the scenes. Wouldn't be the first time with Gordon...

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Good for him for looking more committed with the Patriots but he's not nearly good enough to invest anything into considering his history of issues IMO.

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
Hopefully not. I hope he stays clean. I wish him a good life. It goes beyond football.
I read all this as the Patriots think he is damaged goods. Outside of the first game of the season, where he looked great, he has seemed slow and for whatever reason laboring when he moves. Patriots might be trying to IR him because they dont want to release him and take the chance he goes to a competitor and bites them in the ass.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I read all this as the Patriots think he is damaged goods. Outside of the first game of the season, where he looked great, he has seemed slow and for whatever reason laboring when he moves. Patriots might be trying to IR him because they dont want to release him and take the chance he goes to a competitor and bites them in the ass.
Wouldn't he file a grievance with the PA is this is what they are doing?

Being a free agent and all you'd think he'd want to play to prove his value and receive a better contract than a guy who is going to be looking at league min next year if he doesn't play again this year.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
Wait, I was told the Patriots cared about his mental health. That's why they stuck by him for a year. I was told by Patriots fans he should be given unlimited chances unlike like a player like Bryant because he's really trying. So he gets injured, misses a few games, and close to coming back and they cut him? If they actually cared about his mental health you wouldn't fire a guy like that. Anybody with a brain can see thru the Patriots and all their BS.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Wouldn't he file a grievance with the PA is this is what they are doing?

Being a free agent and all you'd think he'd want to play to prove his value and receive a better contract than a guy who is going to be looking at league min next year if he doesn't play again this year.
If he’s healthy then I can see him try to file a grievance to avoid IR to latch on with a team to get a contract for next season.

IR means you can replace him on your 53 man roster versus having to keep him on it. So you can see why NE would want to IR him.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Wait, I was told the Patriots cared about his mental health. That's why they stuck by him for a year. I was told by Patriots fans he should be given unlimited chances unlike like a player like Bryant because he's really trying. So he gets injured, misses a few games, and close to coming back and they cut him? If they actually cared about his mental health you wouldn't fire a guy like that. Anybody with a brain can see thru the Patriots and all their BS.

They did give him plenty of chances. He can't stay healthy and isn't that great when he is.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
Maybe he can go join your Steelers. They don't seem to give a **** about what players do or how they act.

How would that apply to Josh Gordon? I thought he was an upstanding citizen since joining the Patriots? I thought he magically kicked his 10+ year addiction of cannabis after being graced by the presence of Belichick. Isn't that the folklore the NFL tries to sell us? You go to NE and you become a changed man.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
They gave Gordon a chance and it didn't work out. Whatever craziness rolls around in your head is irrelevant.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
How did it not work out? You just flushed a 2nd down the drain for a player who has the exact same stat line. Sanu played one more game than Gordon and only has 26 more receiving yards. So you lost a 2nd, a player you really care about, and have to teach a new player the playbook in Week 8 for 26 yards. Sorry, none of this is adding up.

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
It's not a mental health issue. Try again.

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
How did it not work out? You just flushed a 2nd down the drain for a player who has the exact same stat line. Sanu played one more game than Gordon and only has 26 more receiving yards. So you lost a 2nd, a player you really care about, and have to teach a new player the playbook in Week 8 for 26 yards. Sorry, none of this is adding up.
Oh it adds up. It adds up to 7-0

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
So the Patriots are a charity now? Gordon just isn't the player he was years ago so why should they keep him around?

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
You obviously don't watch the games because you wouldn't compare their stats. Sanu has been a much more reliable receiver this year. Learn the game, then make some comments.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad