Prospect Info: Josh Dickinson

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I wouldn’t expect much. He should have never left college and the Avs had no interest in developing him. He’s a ECHL level player. I understand skills translate different in Euro but I just don’t think he has many. Sometimes he looked like a competent center but he’s just not going to score much. Hope it works out for y’all and him.

Gubbhornet

Dec 5, 2019
I wouldn’t expect much. He should have never left college and the Avs had no interest in developing him. He’s a ECHL level player. I understand skills translate different in Euro but I just don’t think he has many. Sometimes he looked like a competent center but he’s just not going to score much. Hope it works out for y’all and him.

Well, it's the Swedish 2nd league (MoDo, P. Forsbergs Swedish team) so that tells you a bit about the level. ECHL top players can do good if they have the right type of skill, AHLers can also be bust. He is signed to replace Sam Vigneault who was great last season.

(Our GM Henrik Gradin, is also a scout for the Avs so he should have good sources)

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

Gubbhornet

Dec 5, 2019
Henrik Gradin? Any relation to Thomas?

Anyway, so long as he ain't the guy who steered the Avs toward Per Ledin, I'm cool with him.

No close relation atleast. But Thomas is from Sollefteå which is about 1.5 hours from Härnösand, where Henrik is from and the population is small. So, maybe distant relatives.

He became an Avs scout in 2018, so he should have nothing to do with Ledin. He is a very good friend of Peter and they came up as talents through the MoDo juniors at the same time. Therefor, Sakic could be suspected for pulling strings for a friends friend. But, then again I don't think anyone has any complaints about Joe's work right now...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad