Status
Not open for further replies.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
continue... Prospect Info: - Josh Brook II

Facing adversity, Josh Brook gains maturity – Rocket Laval

“I feel he’s maturing a lot” pointed out Rocket’s head coach Joël Bouchard. “The adversity made him better. He needs to keep applying himself to the details we asked.”

This improved performance noted by the coach is clearly noticeable in Brook’s 5 on 5 numbers. During the team’s last strip in Ottawa and Toronto, Josh Brook was the best player of the team when analyzing scoring chances differential. He was +12 in three games.

When Josh was on the ice at 5 on 5, the Rocket had more than the double of the opponent’s shot attempts. With a %Corsi of 68,29%, he was the best defenseman during the three-game road trip.

Sam of Montreal

May 5, 2007
A comeback year so far for 2017 prospects Poehling, Brook, and Fleury. Not so much for Ikonen (1g, 2a in 20 games).

I think it makes sense for the "good, but not great" talents to struggle as they reach the AHL. The step between the juniors and AHL is bigger than AHL to NHL. It is their first steps in professionnal hockey and a lot of them hit a wall.

How they fight through it and progress afterwards is telling. They are all on interesting trajectories, but no slam dunk. Let's hope they keep fighting through the struggle and keep improving.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
I think it makes sense for the "good, but not great" talents to struggle as they reach the AHL. The step between the juniors and AHL is bigger than AHL to NHL. It is their first steps in professionnal hockey and a lot of them hit a wall.

How they fight through it and progress afterwards is telling. They are all on interesting trajectories, but no slam dunk. Let's hope they keep fighting through the struggle and keep improving.

This... And that's why having a really strong AHL program in place, with a coaching staff focused on the big picture of long term player development (which includes competing successfully short term, just not at the expense of asset development) is so crucial....

Nice to see us have a coaching staff in Laval that is supporting development instead of actively hindering it.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
This... And that's why having a really strong AHL program in place, with a coaching staff focused on the big picture of long term player development (which includes competing successfully short term, just not at the expense of asset development) is so crucial....

Nice to see us have a coaching staff in Laval that is supporting development instead of actively hindering it.

my main concern has been MB, since I fully trust Bouchard. So far no complaints this year, after a few terrible moves last year with Poehling, Fleury, Primeau and of course in years past with the whole yo-yoing that went on. Just hope he leaves these kids alone until they look ready for a call up.

Reactions: Miller Time

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
last year was a tough one, 13 pts in 60 games works out to 17 over a full season. This year he's on pace for 43 if they had of played a full season. Granted it's only 16 games though but that's a hell of a turn around.

60-4-9-13 -5 53 pims
16-2-7-9 +6 8 pims

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
last year was a tough one, 13 pts in 60 games works out to 17 over a full season. This year he's on pace for 43 if they had of played a full season. Granted it's only 16 games though but that's a hell of a turn around.

60-4-9-13 -5 53 pims
16-2-7-9 +6 8 pims

Wasn't he playing better in the back half of last year, too? or am I confusing that.

MarkyMarkov

Jan 31, 2010
Some are under Bouchard, and some are not :D

Remember when the opposite was always true under Lefebvre?

Ylonen is also doing great under Bouchard and KK's stint in the AHL last year did him wonders.

Bouchard will coach in the NHL, it's only a matter of time and whether he gets his start with us or with another team.

Reactions: jaffy27 and tazsub3

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
my main concern has been MB, since I fully trust Bouchard. So far no complaints this year, after a few terrible moves last year with Poehling, Fleury, Primeau and of course in years past with the whole yo-yoing that went on. Just hope he leaves these kids alone until they look ready for a call up.

I won't say some of these kids will stay in Laval all year. But I think the taxi squad and the complications with travel when the AHL and NHL teams are not in the same city, let alone the same province, is saving MB from making those call ups.

But if he does call anyone up, I do hope it will be Vejdemo or Weal and continue to let the kids in Laval.

malton

Feb 17, 2009
I feel he should be the 2nd Dman up after Leskinen. He's looking like the guy we thought he would be.

malton

Feb 17, 2009
No! Leave him down to simmer !

I am the biggest Brook maximalist on this board, but what is happening is beautiful! Let him grow into the high impact D he can be, it takes time.

Oh I wouldn't plan on calling him up this season.

We have enough depth to let him play it out.

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
He's in a good spot right now, and he's not ready physically anyway, plus he's not going to play that much, let him get a good PO in Laval.
The problem as far as i know the AHL has no playoffs for now.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
No! Leave him down to simmer !

I am the biggest Brook maximalist on this board, but what is happening is beautiful! Let him grow into the high impact D he can be, it takes time.

yeah if he really can get it going you and montreal can definitely take a bow. you two were the most bullish on him that i can think of.

f*** we were both wrong about Ylonen though hahaha. Even if he doesn't pan out in the NHL he's still doing way better in the AHL then I thought he would. Lahti must've just been truly miserable. Kid has an absolutely terrific shot. Him panning out would be found money for me. I totally wrote him off after 2 and a half middling seasons in Liiga.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad