Prospect Info: Josh Brook II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
Hes pacing 10 goals as a 19 years old Dman, thats far from mediocre.

Also Boqvist played in the junior league of sweden in his D year.
He’s pacing 8.48 goals and 11.31 assists actually and a -25, Anyways I’m done talking about Boqvist.

Last edited:

Favster

Jul 21, 2013
Montreal
You guys haven’t even given Romanov a chance in the NHL and already saying Boqvist is better with his 7 points in 29 games and his -9. Ok we’ll see.
Well 7 points in 29 games is a better PPG than Romanov, in a superior league. +/- is more representative of team success than an individual player stat, you shouldn't use that. I'm a huge Romanov fan but Boqvist is a more talented player and better prospect, that's a fact.

Will he Boqvist end up being the better player? There's no way to really know but at this point in their respective career, it would be foolish to not do the 1 for 1 swap if it was offered.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Does Brook have NHL upside? He has been very average all year, I expected more.

He had great skating and vision in the WHL, I think next year will be a big upswing for him. Lets be honest, Laval isn't going to make anyone shine, especially a rookie from the CHL. Laval is going to make most people look worse than they are.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
He had great skating and vision in the WHL, I think next year will be a big upswing for him. Lets be honest, Laval isn't going to make anyone shine, especially a rookie from the CHL. Laval is going to make most people look worse than they are.
He does have NHL skating, I question his hockey smarts.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
here's how his season is going,

first 19 games, 19-2-0-2, -7, 16 pims (.11 ppg)
next 33 games, 33-2-8-10 -4 25 pims (.3 ppg)

last year Fleury was at a .38 ppg for reference.
I think he needs another year after this one, his skating is too good not to be patient

Reactions: jaffy27

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I think he needs another year after this one, his skating is too good not to be patient

most likely, the hope is that he comes into next season much stronger and that leads to a lot more confidence, and hopefully that leads to a much better player. If not then we got problems.

To put the numbers I posted in perspective, if he played all season at the .3 ppg pace he would have 16 pts, if he was at the ppg that Fleury had he would be at 20 pts. So what you have is someone that got off to a really bad start, if not for that, if he was putting up a .3 ppg all year and sitting at 16 pts it still would be troubling but we could be talking about how he's only a few points from where Fleury was. Not that that is a very good bench mark but somehow the guy was able to make the Habs for half a season.

Reactions: Zam Boni and Tyson

Zam Boni

Dec 14, 2009
most likely, the hope is that he comes into next season much stronger and that leads to a lot more confidence, and hopefully that leads to a much better player. If not then we got problems.

To put the numbers I posted in perspective, if he played all season at the .3 ppg pace he would have 16 pts, if he was at the ppg that Fleury had he would be at 20 pts. So what you have is someone that got off to a really bad start, if not for that, if he was putting up a .3 ppg all year and sitting at 16 pts it still would be troubling but we could be talking about how he's only a few points from where Fleury was. Not that that is a very good bench mark but somehow the guy was able to make the Habs for half a season.
Thanks @montreal for keeping an eye on our prospect in Laval!

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
Well 7 points in 29 games is a better PPG than Romanov, in a superior league. +/- is more representative of team success than an individual player stat, you shouldn't use that. I'm a huge Romanov fan but Boqvist is a more talented player and better prospect, that's a fact.

Will he Boqvist end up being the better player? There's no way to really know but at this point in their respective career, it would be foolish to not do the 1 for 1 swap if it was offered.
Are you basing this on points? If so maybe you have a case.
I'm not sure about Boqvist, I don't follow him much.
But Romanov has some pretty incredible tools. He closes the gap better then any prospect I have seen recently. He's explosive and great in transition. His O game will grow but it's not a big concern because he brings so many thing to the table. He's a fantastic skater too. And kid is not scared. Plays with an edge.

Dichow Stopper

Former ChuckyToGally
Aug 9, 2004
We really need Brook to be more than a third pairing d-man at the NHL level. Don’t see him being a top pairing at this point but we badly need him to become a top 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad