Prospect Info: Josh Brook II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
Well, again, that's your opinion. We are not talking like a Lafreniere who is unanimously the top prospect to pick in 2020.
There plenty of folks who put other Dmen ahead of Romanov.
Sure I won’t disagree with that. But to trade him for some of those guys without seeing him in a Habs jersey, and after how absolutely dominant he looked at the WJC, well I wouldn’t do it.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Sure I won’t disagree with that. But to trade him for some of those guys without seeing him in a Habs jersey, and after how absolutely dominant he looked at the WJC, well I wouldn’t do it.

Boqvist has been on the first pair of the Hawks for a while and his offenssive potential is as high as anyone.

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
Boqvist has been on the first pair of the Hawks for a while and his offenssive potential is as high as anyone.
7 points in 29 games -9

Right side D instead of Left. Doesn’t have Romanov’s physically or defensive awareness.

I wouldn’t do it. I would much rather see what we have in Romanov.

And he’s not even a prospect anymore so I’m not sure why he was even thrown into the mix.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
Who knows what happens with Fleury, Juulsen and Brook. One good thing is I think all of Romanov, Struble and Norlinder can play right if i"m not mistaken?
Personally, I think Fleury will be a legitimate 3rd pairing defensemen at minimum. Not sure he has the offensive capabilities to move up but there's lots of time yet in his development. He's proven enough to me.

Juulsen should retire.

Brook needs more seasoning.

Romanov needs another year against men, preferably in the AHL but can't see that happening.

Struble and Norlinder... no idea yet

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
7 points in 29 games -9

Right side D instead of Left. Doesn’t have Romanov’s physically or defensive awareness.

And he’s not even a prospect anymore so I’m not sure why he was even thrown into the mix.
Thats quite ridiculous.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
So you would trade our best LD hope for another RD? The Bergevin special. Go ahead and trade Kotkaniemi for another winger while you’re at it.

For all we know, the LD side is just as strong as the RD side.

Id trade Kotkaniemi for a superior player ten times out of ten. The problem isnt positional, its talent related.

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
For all we know, the LD side is just as strong as the RD side.

Id trade Kotkaniemi for a superior player ten times out of ten. The problem isnt positional, its talent related.
If we trade Romanov our LD would be even more decimated. Boqvist is nothing special right now. He’s absolutely not a guy we need on the RD.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I liked Hughes more than Boqvist during draft time but Boqvist is still a fantastic prospect. And yes, better than Romanov.

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
You guys haven’t even given Romanov a chance in the NHL and already saying Boqvist is better with his 7 points in 29 games and his -9. Ok we’ll see.

habsfan92

Jun 5, 2005
winnipeg
Don’t recall Boquist at the wjc, was he on the all tourney team twice and voted best d? Seriously asking. Personally I think that Romanov is a better all round dman and Boquist will be better offensively.

Reactions: dralaf

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Don’t recall Boquist at the wjc, was he on the all tourney team twice and voted best d? Seriously asking. Personally I think that Romanov is a better all round dman and Boquist will be better offensively.
Do you recall Poolpartys WJC performance? He was incredible, look at him now. Do you recall Paciorettys WJC performance? He was awful, look at him now, he's the best NHLer from that team.

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
Romanov has 9 points in 81 KHL games.

The offensive potential isnt even close to being the same.
Romanov did that as an 18-19 year old with limited ice time and is a +28

I think we need to see what Romanov can do at the NHL level before we judge him.

So far at the WJC level Romanov has been superior and his physical game is far superior.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Romanov did that as an 18-19 year old with limited ice time and is a +28

I think we need to see what Romanov can do at the NHL level before we judge him.

So far at the WJC level Romanov has been superior and his physical game is far superior.
Boqvist was injured this year for the WJC so I dont see how its anything to work with.

Boqvist is going to turn 20 in august, hes younger than KK and hes playing on a dumpster fire team.

Vijo Morganstein

Nov 29, 2019
7 points in 29 games -9

Trying to tear Boqvist down by posting his stats which are better in the NHL than Romanov's are in the KHL isn't helping your argument, just FYI

Reactions: Mrb1p

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
Boqvist was injured this year for the WJC so I dont see how its anything to work with.

Boqvist is going to turn 20 in august, hes younger than KK and hes playing on a dumpster fire team.
Ok man, if you don’t wanna be excited by having Romanov that’s your business, he’s one of the top defenseman prospects in the world and arguably the best at playing defense and most physical. I’m pumped to have him.

Vijo Morganstein

Nov 29, 2019
I couldn’t care less about what you think.
You could, you responded. Look, I like Romanov and I think he has the potential to be a top pairing D with similar output to Ekholm. But I had Boqvist at 3rd in 2018, and he's been playing top pairing minutes on the Hawks. You can say you'd prefer Romanov and I wouldn't argue with you, but posting Boqvist's NHL stats is a terrible argument.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Personally, I think Fleury will be a legitimate 3rd pairing defensemen at minimum. Not sure he has the offensive capabilities to move up but there's lots of time yet in his development. He's proven enough to me.

Juulsen should retire.

Brook needs more seasoning.

Romanov needs another year against men, preferably in the AHL but can't see that happening.

Struble and Norlinder... no idea yet

Juulsen should retire? What inside info do you possess? My guess is none

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
You could, you responded. Look, I like Romanov and I think he has the potential to be a top pairing D with similar output to Ekholm. But I had Boqvist at 3rd in 2018, and he's been playing top pairing minutes on the Hawks. You can say you'd prefer Romanov and I wouldn't argue with you, but posting Boqvist's NHL stats is a terrible argument.
Exactly he’s playing top minutes and his stats are mediocre. He hasn’t proven anything yet. When he starts to produce like a top pairing defenseman then we can talk. And where a player is selected has nothing to do with what he can do as an individual in the NHL, if Romanov played in the CHL he would have been a high first round pick.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Ok man, if you don’t wanna be excited by having Romanov that’s your business, he’s one of the top defenseman prospects in the world and arguably the best at playing defense and most physical. I’m pumped to have him.
Theres a difference between being excited about a prospect and being an outright homer.

Seider at the very least is much superior.

Reactions: Eegs and Gains

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Exactly he’s playing top minutes and his stats are mediocre. He hasn’t proven anything yet. When he starts to produce like a top pairing defenseman then we can talk. And where a player is selected has nothing to do with what he can do as an individual in the NHL, if Romanov played in the CHL he would have been a high first round pick.
Hes pacing 10 goals as a 19 years old Dman, thats far from mediocre.

Also Boqvist played in the junior league of sweden in his D year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad