Prospect Info: Josh Brook II

Status
Not open for further replies.

WinterLion

Oct 1, 2017
Brook has been on a great development curve ever since being drafted and he is tailor made for the way the NHL is headed. He is certainly one of the Habs top prospects. I think him and Suzuki got some bad press after the WJC, but that coach was wack... that team should have been much better. Brook is legit and will make it eventually of not out of camp.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Is this the moment where I wuddup back the haters or do I wait a bit?

Haters? Who hates Brook? Was our evaluation of how badly he played in his games were wrong?

That's partially why some people have a hard time with this board....you say that in your evaluation a player had a bad weekend, and boom...you are a hater.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
2 days of camp...a bit too early to make this assessment of Josh Brook

Just like the rookie tournament was too early to say the other assesment weve heard.

Brook has been on a great development curve ever since being drafted and he is tailor made for the way the NHL is headed. He is certainly one of the Habs top prospects. I think him and Suzuki got some bad press after the WJC, but that coach was wack... that team should have been much better. Brook is legit and will make it eventually of not out of camp.

Amen and kudos on the style point for using the word wack in a serious post.

Haters? Who hates Brook? Was our evaluation of how badly he played in his games were wrong?

That's partially why some people have a hard time with this board....you say that in your evaluation a player had a bad weekend, and boom...you are a hater.

I got called out because I like Brook two pages earlier, cest juste le retour dascenseur.

Its okay to say he had a bad what ever.

What is not okay is what happened in the pages prior to this one.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018

I would wait to see him in a few pre-season games. Like KK, he may start slowly, so even the haters have to wait until the end of preseason.

So far he's getting the best look out of the big 3 (Poehling, Suzuki, Brook).

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
My strategy is to wuddup the haters at the very moment it is possible since I have absolutely no shame if it comes back to bite me. You take small victories and you run. No point in waiting and risking no victory at all.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
My strategy is to wuddup the haters at the very moment it is possible since I have absolutely no shame if it comes back to bite me. You take small victories and you run. No point in waiting and risking no victory at all.
I see. Youre like the Floyd Maywheater of trolling the haters. Quick jabs and out.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
I see. Youre like the Floyd Maywheater of trolling the haters. Quick jabs and out.

Exactly.

It's all about how important you think your opinion is. Floyd doesn't think being loved matters. So we do what we do.

Reactions: Mrb1p

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Habs have a lot of money invested in his defensive squad . Brook is a player to keep because he will replace Petry at an entry level contract terms . No way you trade him or Romanov , because their cheap contracts will give us the money to pay the Domi and company

Depends on how Fleury will also do.

CHarlie

They feed me CHicken
Feb 3, 2012
Ontario
I dont understand why you cant learn more with the big club under Luke and the likes of Petry and Weber......if he has his head screwed on right I myself think staying with the big club can be just as beneficiary.

Reactions: Mrb1p

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I have been watching Brook because he has the offense and a great camp last year. Bad to hear this but a year under Bouchard probably best for his development in long run.
I think he gets at least 20-30 NHL games this season

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
For sure, be up for a cup of coffee. Hopefully be in NHL fulltime in March. Time for playoffs?
Similar to how they used PK during his first year in pro hockey. Came up late in the year and played through the playoff run where the Habs best Washington and Pittsburgh

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Brook is a legit top 4 prospect with top pairing ceiling IMO.

Not sure he'll make the team out of camp, but it wouldn't shock me. Either way he'll play some NHL games this season.

Reactions: Trash Man and JAPPO
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->