Prospect Info: Josh Brook II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
It will be interesting if Brook can replicate Cale Fleury’s rookie season stats. I am still not convinced he is a better prospect than Fleury or Juulsen.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
It will be interesting if Brook can replicate Cale Fleury’s rookie season stats. I am still not convinced he is a better prospect than Fleury or Juulsen.

Fleury had the goals but struggled in his own end, Brook will likely have a lot more assists then goals but I doubt he struggles as much in his own end although if he's paired up with Ouellet then it certainly won't be easy as the Ouelett Fleury pairing was a nightmare defensively.

Juulsen is better defensively then either of them but doesn't have the mobility, speed, skating, or puck rushing/moving abilities that Brook and Fleury have. Brook doesn't have the physical game that Fleury and Juulsen have, both can really dish some big hits but Brook will take the body.

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
No one knows how a player will continue to improve or not, that's why you don't see many top prospects get traded before turning pro as it's just too risky. If Brook turns into a top 4 down the road, that's very valuable so the problem is that it's unlikely you get the same value for him now to make it worth the risk.
No thats sure. And i wouldnt trade him for a old player. But if a team need to create space on cap and it could bring us a nice player. Why not

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
No thats sure. And i wouldnt trade him for a old player. But if a team need to create space on cap and it could bring us a nice player. Why not
Why not? Because Josh Brook could very well be our best defender in two years. Youre going to give up that chance for a "nice" player?;

Reactions: jaffy27

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
Why not? Because Josh Brook could very well be our best defender in two years. Youre going to give up that chance for a "nice" player?;
Nice player, like a damn good player. Ottawa trade mark stone for branstrom. I would trade a suzuki for a Taylor Hall signed right now

Reactions: Goldenhands

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
Sergachev got us Drouin. Not sure what anyone expects MB to be able to get us for Brook.
I would add him in a package like quantity vs quality. We got tatar,suzuki for paciorrety. Vegas got stone for branstrom and picks. Vancouver got miller for a first and couple things. I don’t think is value is big alone, but with a guy like Drouin or tatar/byron/petry. We could get something good imo

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
I would add him in a package like quantity vs quality. We got tatar,suzuki for paciorrety. Vegas got stone for branstrom and picks. Vancouver got miller for a first and couple things. I don’t think is value is big alone, but with a guy like Drouin or tatar/byron/petry. We could get something good imo

If you feel he's the same level of prospect as Brannstrom, then why would you trade him ? A follow up question would be, if you feel GMs evaluate him as such, then why the discrepancy ? Was it his showing the all-important rookie tournament ?

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
If you feel he's the same level of prospect as Brannstrom, then why would you trade him ? A follow up question would be, if you feel GMs evaluate him as such, then why the discrepancy ? Was it his showing the all-important rookie tournament ?
I don’t think he is as good as branstrom. Im just telling that some team need to make some space and a guy like brook (low paid and young) can be interessting

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
I don’t think he is as good as branstrom. Im just telling that some team need to make some space and a guy like brook (low paid and young) can be interessting

Well, that's the example you keep bringing up. That and Taylor Hall, neither being cap moves.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
Fleury had the goals but struggled in his own end, Brook will likely have a lot more assists then goals but I doubt he struggles as much in his own end although if he's paired up with Ouellet then it certainly won't be easy as the Ouelett Fleury pairing was a nightmare defensively.

Juulsen is better defensively then either of them but doesn't have the mobility, speed, skating, or puck rushing/moving abilities that Brook and Fleury have. Brook doesn't have the physical game that Fleury and Juulsen have, both can really dish some big hits but Brook will take the body.

Juulsen is better defensively because of his positioning, decision making and stronger board work. That said, he still gets walked around at least once a game like a pylon because of his weak skating/edgework. He always gets beat by speed so even tho defensive play is his strong suit he still has weaknesses in that area as well. Fleury will be a solid top 4 in 3-4 years.

Fleury has the tools to work on and improve his defensive play. He mainly needs to work on his decision making and use his partner more, he overcomplicates his life.

Last edited:

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
Yeah brook had a tough tournament at 20 years old. He had a tough WJC last winter. Cale fleury was better imo and a guy like Erik Bransstron were very good during tournament and he is younger. So i won’t say that Brook is a flop, but if Bergevin can reach a pretty good player for him in a package, it could be not a bad decision.
Hey Gauthier, why are you telling us to treat Brook like you treated McDonaugh? Shouldn't you be on the Blackhawks board?

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Juulsen is better defensively because of his positioning, decision making and stronger board work. That said, he still gets walked around at least once a game like a pylon because of his weak skating/edgework. He always gets beat by speed so even tho defensive play is his strong suit he still has weaknesses in that area as well. Fleury will be a solid top 4 in 3-4 years.

Fleury has the tools to work on and improve his defensive play. He mainly needs to work on his decision making and use his partner more, he overcomplicates his life.

Juulsen certainly needs to improve his mobility and skating, which is easier then Fleury improving his decision making. I'm not sold on either as anything more then bottom pairing D's unless those issues are fixed.

Reactions: Estimated_Prophet

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
Lots of posters in such a hurry to trade our good prospects. Give them some time to marinate a little.
The problem is a value can fall down very quick. So. There is some club who let theirs young players very quick and receveu something good, but if we are waiting to much like we did with tinordi, scherback, leblanc. They are gonna go on waivers

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
The problem is a value can fall down very quick. So. There is some club who let theirs young players very quick and receveu something good, but if we are waiting to much like we did with tinordi, scherback, leblanc. They are gonna go on waivers
And if we wait to trade Petry for too long well end up with Brook as a bust and paying 8 millions to a 35 years old Petry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad