Player Discussion: Josh Bailey

Beacon Isles

Feb 20, 2015
Beacon, NY
Was just thinking about this. If Bailey finishes he contract here he'll be 34 and have player 1200+ games with the Isles (and even more if he re-signs) so do we see #12 sent to the rafters in the later years??

I would say no to putting #12 in the rafters, but if he finishes his career with the most games played as an Islander, and assuming the total stats that come with that, certainly putting him in the Islanders Hall of Fame seems reasonable.

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT
I would say no to putting #12 in the rafters, but if he finishes his career with the most games played as an Islander, and assuming the total stats that come with that, certainly putting him in the Islanders Hall of Fame seems reasonable.
Bacon Isles!

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
Not mine, Believe me..

Attachments

• 20191115_175449.jpg
    20191115_175449.jpg
    459.4 KB · Views: 13

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
You know who doesn't like bacon? Communists!
Communists love bacon. They just can't get any. But it's okay, because no one can have any so it's fair. Well, except for the Party elite. They can have bacon. Because if it weren't for them, everyone wouldn't be equal.

Sorry, back to hockey. If Mat Barzal were a food, he'd be bacon. Or pizza. Bacon pizza maybe.

ThreeLeftSkates

Nov 20, 2008
Is this going to be the year Josh scores 20 goals? One tonight would be nice.
Bacon is gross. Call it what it is... a pig's ass. A pig... the dirtiest animal! You love eating a pig's ass!

While the rich eat AAA, they've convinced the poor that they are eating the best... a fat pig's fatty, fat ass!

oh yeah... Josh is ok...
I'll bite-what is AAA?

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
Bailey found putting in some extra practice today at Northwell

Attachments

• 20191117_144326.jpg
    20191117_144326.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 13
Reactions: dood

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT
Bacon is gross. Call it what it is... a pig's ass. A pig... the dirtiest animal! You love eating a pig's ass!

While the rich eat AAA, they've convinced the poor that they are eating the best... a fat pig's fatty, fat ass!

oh yeah... Josh is ok...
You should go talk to your local butcher. Bacon does not come from a pigs ass.

Do you like ham?

crasherino

May 9, 2013
He's like a swiss army knife --- can do everything, just nothing particularly well.

Exactly.
A jack of all trades - a master of none.

He can literally step in to any spot in the forward rotation - at least in the short term. While we may have wanted more, that's a real necessity when building a team. There's value there.

Reactions: Kevin27NYI

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
Still a bunch of years left before that happens. Lets wait and see what he does in those years before yay or naying his jersey.

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
A jack of all trades - a master of none.

He can literally step in to any spot in the forward rotation - at least in the short term. While we may have wanted more, that's a real necessity when building a team. There's value there.
Not sure how realistic it was to want more. He's a 9th overall pick. This isn't a Crosby or McDavid. Bailey is a legit 2nd line forward on a contending team. Great player, great pick.

bstash19

Apr 8, 2012
long island
Not sure how realistic it was to want more. He's a 9th overall pick. This isn't a Crosby or McDavid. Bailey is a legit 2nd line forward on a contending team. Great player, great pick.

Especially when you consider the players selected before around him. He’s the best player hands down. Picks 5-14 aren’t pretty notable. (Aside from maybe Tyler Myers)

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
Go gett'em Bones! Tell the kid his Dad is average!

His Dad aspires to be avg.

Where his really strength lies, is playing all those games and never getting hurt. Now THAT is a talent. You gotta run like a bitch to avoid that over all those games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad