Player Discussion: Josh Bailey

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
Read he was out with mono.

In other news, Trotz super enthusiastic about Isles chances after the break......

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Bailey's back to be a disappointing,invisible player.
Can we agree on that?

I do not know whether Bailey or Eberle is the bigger disappointment. Probably Bailey because in the 2 seasons before this one, I had seen brief flashes where looked dominate,the best isle on the ice.

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
Bailey's back to be a disappointing,invisible player.
Can we agree on that?

I do not know whether Bailey or Eberle is the bigger disappointment. Probably Bailey because in the 2 seasons before this one, I had seen brief flashes where looked dominate,the best isle on the ice.
Pretty much every forward the last few weeks has been underwhelming. But yes, expecting more from Bailey than what we've seen since Christmas or so.

Reactions: joekono

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Pretty much every forward the last few weeks has been underwhelming. But yes, expecting more from Bailey than what we've seen since Christmas or so.
It's been more then just a few disappointing weeks from Bailey this season. He has been disappointing all season.

Reactions: joekono

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
He has 34 this year. Good for 2nd best among Islanders forwards and 33rd among all NHL forwards. https://www.tsn.ca/nhl/statistics

Try again.

And maybe this time without the sexist remarks, eh? Yet another thing that is tired and not funny.

I did enjoy how you went to a small, impromptu nugget on my post and looked up how to prove me wrong.. as if that negates my argument of him being garbage.

Oh yeah.. 33rd in the league -- that's awsome bro. THIRTY THIRD. His mom must be proud.

Can you find me a link that he is 75th in the NHL on pass attempts during a full moon?

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
What, you mean the assistant captain has been invisible? I don't believe that at all.

I've said this before and I'll say it again... Bailey "is" as the team goes. If the team is doing well, then so is Bailey --- he'll still generate nothing/little-- but he'll score a couple of goals and not be -3 for the game.

If the team is NOT doing well, then Bailey still won't generate anything, but be -4 for the game.

He won't / can't lift the team up with this play.
He doesn't do anything to right the ship.
He doesn't step up as an assistant captain, lol (sorry, I always chuckle when I hear his title)
He'll play his perimeter game waiting it out-- just what you want in leader..smh....

Baileys shifts -- circle in neutral zone -- get puck deep -- hang on half wall and/or go to net, waiting for a rebound or someone else to cycle and generate a chance. Important: whatever you do, do NOT show any passion, toughness, or even get close to hitting anyone. You might disrupt your vag -- and maybe get hurt. Has anyone ever seen Bailey bleed from a play? Get hurt from checking someone?

Hell-- when have you ever seen Bailey block a shot?

fvkin pu$$y.

In Tavares last season on LI and even last season,I thought Bailey was showing flashes of being an impact player. Capable of raising his play and being dominant at times.

I am not so sure why he has taken a step by back. Maybe getting the security of his biggest contract. He is capable of a heck of a lot more then he is bringing to the ice.

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
I did enjoy how you went to a small, impromptu nugget on my post and looked up how to prove me wrong.. as if that negates my argument of him being garbage.

Oh yeah.. 33rd in the league -- that's awsome bro. THIRTY THIRD. His mom must be proud.

Can you find me a link that he is 75th in the NHL on pass attempts during a full moon?
How many times do you need to be proven wrong? Haven't you embarrassed yourself enough? So much of the nonsense you post about Bailey has been refuted yet you keep coming back for more. LOL

Do you not realize that being 33rd among all forwards in the NHL is being a league leader? There are more than 400 forwards. You said he doesn't block shots. Not only does he block shots but he does so more than 92% of all forwards.

Seriously, stop.

ThreeLeftSkates

Nov 20, 2008

What trophy do they give to the shot blocking leader?

Metnut

Jan 19, 2013
Excellent game for Bailey last night. A goal, two assists and another blocked shot. And some stellar back-checking and defensive play as well.

On pace for another 50pt season with solid 2-way play in a Trotz system. We need more guys like Bailey and less like Johnston, Dal Colle, Martin, Komorov and Kuhnackle IMO.

Reactions: ekill08x

Seph

Sep 5, 2002
Oregon
Visit site

It was your claim. Why are you acting so offended by someone giving you the facts on your own claim? I do love the childish move of pretending what you just used to try to knock him is suddenly meaningless now that you've been confronted with the facts, as it really makes it very clear how much you base your beliefs on facts and reality.

Reactions: 19 in a row

Sparksrus3

NYI - THE TEAM WITH NO ❤️
Jun 2, 2012
It's been more then just a few disappointing weeks from Bailey this season. He has been disappointing all season.

****Disclaimer *******
I am not a Bailey fan . I would bring back the josh barely or josh failey calls . I don't see him for half a game and ask myself is he scratched today? No contact player who seems to float around .
That's my view and I root for the bad guys in the movies . I look forward to Bones posts and used to post some of the same thoughts until the INFOLINKS adds took over my IPad and made it difficult for me to post most days .

Ok with that out of the way . When josh Bailey records a point we are 16 - 6. When josh Bailey does not record a point we are 13 - 14.
As much as it pains me to post this the world needs to know . ( had to check - 22 - 6 when Barzal scores a point )

LGI

Last edited:

IslandersGER

Dec 29, 2015
Deutschland
In Tavares last season on LI and even last season,I thought Bailey was showing flashes of being an impact player. Capable of raising his play and being dominant at times.

I am not so sure why he has taken a step by back. Maybe getting the security of his biggest contract. He is capable of a heck of a lot more then he is bringing to the ice.
it's not quite the security of his contract, it's mor the system change from DW hockey to BT hockey.
Bailey is a two way forward and in that line with Judas he was way more offensively driven than under the tighter backchecking role under Trotz.
I think being mostly at 1st line with Judas and Lee has helped too. Instead he's now known as our Swiss army knife, constantly jumping lines and positions, that doesn't help for his production numbers. But overall he's a good player for our standards. Would like to get rid of Dalcolle, Kühnhackl, Johnston, but not Bailey.
Of course, if there's chance to trade him, in a package with picks and/or prospects, for a real top line winger with term, I would trade him in a second.

Reactions: buud

Sens

Jan 7, 2016
14Pts in his last 13... has a shot at 60 with the way he’s going

crasherino

May 9, 2013
Bailey hitting 60 this season would be a real shocker. Quietest (sp) 60 pt season I have ever seen.
He's on pace for 55 right now. That's with some real droughts and a couple of hot streaks (like he's on now). He needs 23 points in 27 games to hit 60. Certainly possible. That would bode well for the Islanders chances overall if that were to come to fruition.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
He's on pace for 55 right now. That's with some real droughts and a couple of hot streaks (like he's on now). He needs 23 points in 27 games to hit 60. Certainly possible. That would bode well for the Islanders chances overall if that were to come to fruition.

It's funny, I think his "cold streaks" almost entirely coincide with when he was dropped to the third line to fill in. That line has been a black hole all season and is now finally stabilizing it seems with Bellows on it.

Sparksrus3

NYI - THE TEAM WITH NO ❤️
Jun 2, 2012
Would one of the wonderful HF Icecoldlanders fans please post a video clip of when Pageau went after Trouba. Next to them Bailey was grabbed by Lemieux and Lemieux wanted to fight . Bailey looked like he was going to cry . Thanks in advance

danteipp

Aug 3, 2005
I have never been a Bailey detractor, but right now he is playing himself off this team. His passing has been terrible and, if he isn't defensively responsible, he is useless. And, even when his game is clicking, he is essentially redundant skills wise.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->