Player Discussion: Josh Bailey

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
You're all fools if you don't realize that Bones is laughing his balls off as he trolls the lot of you.

The team is good with good ownership/management, Brooklyn will soon be in the past, and the new arena will be fabulous. Bailey material is all he has left. And you all keep taking the bait.
I thought so too but it has reached an alarming level. Doesn't matter at this point if he's trolling or legitimately fuming. Either way it is psychotic.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Rb8k5oEiyJrp5LK7e648pBz3RHGdCiBqtF1uCVAUmNQ.jpg
And lawyers. Look at how long we let B'way Jay hang out with us. We still bear the scars. :laugh:

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
And lawyers. Look at how long we let B'way Jay hang out with us. We still bear the scars. :laugh:

Jay wouldn't have succumbed to any of my arguments the way others have. He was a tough cookie on here...and much more palatable in person.

Reactions: MJF

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
[QUOTE="Bones45, post: 168911395, member: 32234"

]My arguments are so outlandish that many people feel

The guy is an unmotivated, passsionless 3rd liner,

the Isles are a better team

When Bailey is out of the lineup, [/QUOTE]

Cliff notes version

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
For the "Bailey is solid on D" people.... I'll leave this here. I'm sure another one is coming shortly..

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
For the "Bailey is solid on D" people.... I'll leave this here. I'm sure another one is coming shortly..

One guy falls, Bailey f***s up with 2 guys crashing in on him. Probably should have tried to get the puck to Pulock but I doubt he would have been able to get a good pass off to him.

The perfect end to a perfect afternoon.:shakehead

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
One guy falls, Bailey ****s up with 2 guys crashing in on him. Probably should have tried to get the puck to Pulock but I doubt he would have been able to get a good pass off to him.

The perfect end to a perfect afternoon.:shakehead

I'm truly scared for tonight's game..and not like nervous energy.

I'm just trying to figure out if THAT was rock bottom..or will this continue downward.....

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
I'm truly scared for tonight's game..and not like nervous energy.

I'm just trying to figure out if THAT was rock bottom..or will this continue downward.....
You never know until the next game is over.

I can take the losses because we have trouble scoring. What I can’t handle is the way yesterday went down. Smothering the best team in the league for 40 minutes only to get steamrolled for the last 20. Getting beat at our own game is a red flag.

YearlyLottery

The Pooch Report
Feb 7, 2013
South Carolina

*Takes one play out of the entire season to showcase why Bailey is not solid on D*

On a more serious note, stupid play by Bailey yesterday. For a player who does play solid defensively and one who the Islanders can count on to provide some scoring he made a stupid play yesterday. At the end of the day though it is one play and if history proves correct he will bounce back rather quickly.

He is a 50 point player who plays well defensively and is on a fair contract for a player of his skill.

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
*Takes one play out of the entire season to showcase why Bailey is not solid on D*

On a more serious note, stupid play by Bailey yesterday. For a player who does play solid defensively and one who the Islanders can count on to provide some scoring he made a stupid play yesterday. At the end of the day though it is one play and if history proves correct he will bounce back rather quickly.

He is a 50 point player who plays well defensively and is on a fair contract for a player of his skill.

Lol. There are MANY plays where Bailey takes the easy way out and does crap on D. TONS OF THEM

Get your head out of your ass and stop defending this lazy sack of Kvasha.

And his contract is f***ing horrible when you see his play. $5million for this asshole.

Unreal.

Reactions: Islesfan22

YearlyLottery

The Pooch Report
Feb 7, 2013
South Carolina
Lol. There are MANY plays where Bailey takes the easy way out and does crap on D. TONS OF THEM

Get your head out of your ass and stop defending this lazy sack of Kvasha.

And his contract is ****ing horrible when you see his play. $5million for this *******.

Unreal.

I'm not going to spend my time listing contracts like @PK Cronin does for you but you are wrong. Again, this line of thinking you have is for roughly 10 years ago.

Taking the "easy way out" is really just code for you not having actual examples though. You take the opportunity to rip every bad play he makes, which is never really much.

Oh no.. He IS a 50 point player. Three seasons in a row. He has also been a nice playoff contributor for us as well.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
I guess we won't talk about the goal he help create by forcing a turnover inside the blue line yesterday. *Yawn*

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT
I guess we won't talk about the goal he help create by forcing a turnover inside the blue line yesterday. *Yawn*
That was a sweet 5th capitals goal he helped set up. A thing of beauty.

Seph

Sep 5, 2002
Oregon
Visit site
Trotz sure must be a rather poor judge of defensive play since someone who is so obviously lazy and bad at defense has the 2nd most TOI for forwards on the team this season when the other team has pulled their goalie for an extra skater.

Not saying it wasn't a pretty big gaff on that play, and he does seem to be in Trotz's doghouse a bit today because of it, but looking at things overall it's quite clear that Trotz thinks his defensive play is at least solid.

dlawong

Nov 24, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
In his UFA contract year. Not surprisingly as a lot of NHL UFA will work/prepared that much harder for their last big contract (shift of priorities perhaps, putting the games ahead of off ice duties, same as someone who put in extra hours to prep for big exams during college or professional designations). This is especially true if they are journey man players (not stars) who is not high in demand. This is why if bonus can be built into these contract to motivate their performance on a high level, it will be helpful.

dlawong

Nov 24, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
By the way, I think Bailey does have a real good set of skills but he can't execute them well unless he keeps himself in top physical conditions and well focused. When he is on top of his games, he has proven in the past he can be valuable. It is just a matter of his energy, mental toughness, and motivation. If off ice is a problem, he needs to hire additional domestic help and definitely he should be able to afford it. Make sure he gets back to the same physical condition during the 1st half of his UFA contract year, at his age, this should be highly possible.

He is a nice person, so I hope he can get his season turning around.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad