Player Discussion: Josh Bailey

DalGoal4Cups

Meet me at Belmont
Dec 4, 2011
For the price we have on bailey, the type of player he is it's a great deal. Bailey is the least of our problems if he isn't scoring goals. He got robbed on that Buffalo play. He's still playing great D, and making nice passes.

Reactions: dood

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013

How dare you post something positive regarding Bailey?!

On a serious note though, I'd be interested to see when those minutes were played. If I'm remembering correctly, Beauvillier had a long stint with Barzal while both were struggling at the beginning of the season. Bailey re-joined Barzal later on, after some of their growing pains had gone away. That said, I do believe Bailey is important to that line. He can get the puck out of the zone, cover for pinching defenseman, and is a pretty good passer on his own. Unfortunately, he'll forever be a whipping boy among fans.

ThreeLeftSkates

Nov 20, 2008
How dare you post something positive regarding Bailey?!

On a serious note though, I'd be interested to see when those minutes were played. If I'm remembering correctly, Beauvillier had a long stint with Barzal while both were struggling at the beginning of the season. Bailey re-joined Barzal later on, after some of their growing pains had gone away. That said, I do believe Bailey is important to that line. He can get the puck out of the zone, cover for pinching defenseman, and is a pretty good passer on his own. Unfortunately, he'll forever be a whipping boy among fans.
I maybe only one poster, but I have doubled down on the Hick and tried to leave Bailey alone. He is going to have to pick it up to hit 20 goals, though.

YearlyLottery

The Pooch Report
Feb 7, 2013
South Carolina
Bailey is being forced to play a defensive role on that Barzal line which is fine. If he can cut down on the turnovers in the offensive zone he will look much better out there. He is not being put out there it score points right now.

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
He is not being put out there it score points right now.

What about now ?

I understand everything in your post and it does make sense however he is our top line #1 right wing. Shouldn't that position look to produce a few goals too ? He was a 10-15 a year goal scorer playing with Frans and Kyle. Just wish we could get a drop more from him on O.

First 18 games 6g 13a 19pts
Next 31 games. 5g 13a 18 PTS

For those that will reply what's wrong with 37 PTS in 49 games ? nothing is wrong with that but it could be better for him maybe.

FTML & LGI

YearlyLottery

The Pooch Report
Feb 7, 2013
South Carolina
When he was playing on a line with Nielsen and Okposo he had a good defensive player in Nielsen. He was also not primarily playing with Barzal and Beauvillier in the first 18 games. He could do better scoring wise, but for his current role I do not have an issue.

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
I think it was Bailey that started the new Ladd thread. For March #12 is 0 - 2 - 2 in 9 games . Get you some of that

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
I think it was Bailey that started the new Ladd thread. For March #12 is 0 - 2 - 2 in 9 games . Get you some of that

His lack of production is directly linked to being put on the third line due to injuries. He's getting less minutes and playing with Filppula and Kuhnhackl, did you really expect him to continue production there?

Taken from the other GDT: Up until this current stretch Bailey hadn't gone more than two games without getting a point all season. Don't you think it might be connected to playing on the third line in a different role with less minutes? From February 1 until March 5, when this current streak started, Bailey was tied for the team lead with points in 13 of 17 games. The only other forward in double digits was Nelson, and that's who he was tied with.

Reactions: wingnutks

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
If he was producing and worthy of first line minutes.......

Hed still be there.

Before he was dropped to the third line he was three points behind Barzal for the team lead. Injuries and a lack of scoring throughout the lineup are the reason he's not there anymore. To be clear, I don't have a problem with him being on the third line but to expect him to continue to produce while next to Kuhnhackl and Filppula is just crazy.

Reactions: wingnutks

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
Before he was dropped to the third line he was three points behind Barzal for the team lead. Injuries and a lack of scoring throughout the lineup are the reason he's not there anymore. To be clear, I don't have a problem with him being on the third line but to expect him to continue to produce while next to Kuhnhackl and Filppula is just crazy.

Are you really saying that lack of production and injuries to OTHER PEOPLE are the reasons for his demotion? Please tell me I'm interpreting that incorrectly.

Bailey disappears for months on end.... year after year....there is nothing to see here, please disperse. This is the norm, regardless of the line he plays on. Hes...He's..

the hockey equivalent of a shot of novacaine.

Reactions: joekono

wingnutks

Nov 17, 2011
Are you really saying that lack of production and injuries to OTHER PEOPLE are the reasons for his demotion? Please tell me I'm interpreting that incorrectly.

Bailey disappears for months on end.... year after year....there is nothing to see here, please disperse. This is the norm, regardless of the line he plays on. Hes...He's..

You cant get the number of points Bailey gets and disappear for months

Reactions: joekono

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013

People being shuffled around because injury elsewhere in the lineup or a lack of production elsewhere on a roster happens all the time in the NHL. You can't possibly think this isn't the case. Komarov was also a victim of this. Eberle with his 30 points just got moved around too, are you suggesting he earned it?

Islanders4Cups

May 4, 2002
Boston, MA USA
Unless Lou and Trotz can find players in the organization who can play the two-way game and put up 60+ points, it is what is folks. The only forwards that haven’t seen their career number tumble are Cizekas and Nelson.

You all need to get over it.

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
Unless Lou and Trotz can find players in the organization who can play the two-way game and put up 60+ points, it is what is folks. The only forwards that haven’t seen their career number tumble are Cizekas and Nelson.

You all need to get over it.

Somebody posted the other night that 80% of the NHL's talent falls into the Bailey type game.

Now THAT I believe. Most teams appear to have 2 or 3 players of mention, and the rest are just crap.

wingnutks

Nov 17, 2011
Sure you can! Just play with people who generate offensive...and then...just change his line!

PRESTO!

see? Teammates fault! Not Bailey's!

Ffs people.
No, you cant. You cant disappear for months and still put up 50-60pts. As already posted, he rarely goes more than 2 games without a point. Everyone is dissapointed with him because you see his flashes of legit talent, and then its just never sustained. But the guy is still a good hockey player and is consistent. I do agree that I havent liked his game for a couple weeks though. Not alot of urgency and giving the puck away alot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad