Proposal: Josh Anderson to Toronto

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
I think he’s exactly the kind of player the leafs are in need of, a big winger who has a little offensive upside. CBJ has many players of this ilk.

He can fight the odd time too so no need to carry a full time heavy weight like Babcock usually likes to have.

Any CBJ fans wanna weigh in on what you guys might want?

Reactions: cj19

Apr 9, 2009
USA
I feel like Anderson's value to Columbus is more than it would be worth for Toronto.

Knies iT

Mar 6, 2015
Connor Brown kinda serves this purpose for Toronto already.
Leafs need some added jam in the top 9, though.

CBJ could definitely use some PK help. Brown has term and could serve that role. They probably have similar value.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
If Anderson was really on the market, I think A LOT of teams would be in on it. I know my Bruins would be.

Price would be high. Probably higher than he is worth.

You would think Columbus would be looking for more "skill" upfront, especially with the Panarin situation. From Toronto's POV... Nylander obviously too much, but Johnsson or Kapanen not nearly enough. Panarin and Bobo situations make this more of a "go for it" than "Kapanen + futures for Anderson" kind of year for them.

Reactions: Viqsi

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
I once had a Columbus poster argue with me that Anderson is a better player than both Nino Niederreiter and Mikael Granlund and they wouldn't trade him for either straight up. If that's any indicator to the OP on how some Columbus fan(s) view him.

Reactions: wintersej

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
I once had a Columbus poster argue with me that Anderson is a better player than both Nino Niederreiter and Mikael Granlund and they wouldn't trade him for either straight up. If that's any indicator to the OP on how some Columbus fan(s) view him.
Someone told me that Anderson is worth more than the 10th overall pick the Oilers had in this draft...

Reactions: Digitalbooya

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Someone told me that Anderson is worth more than the 10th overall pick the Oilers had in this draft...

A CBJ poster told me that asking for Anderson was pointless unless Draisaitl was on the table (Anderson being part of a bigger package) soooo I don’t think Toronto fans will like the ask.

Reactions: Digitalbooya

StephenPeat

Jul 19, 2015
Leafs need some added jam in the top 9, though.

CBJ could definitely use some PK help. Brown has term and could serve that role. They probably have similar value.
Two years ago Connor Brown outscored Tom Wilson. Would I trade Wilson for him today? NO, NO I would not. I also see no reason Columbus would intentionally get much, much softer.

^^I’d obviously trade Wilson for either Draisaitl or Granlund. I’d have to think long and hard about Niedereiter and 10th overall. See I can be reasonable, within limits.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014

A CBJ poster told me that asking for Anderson was pointless unless Draisaitl was on the table (Anderson being part of a bigger package) soooo I don’t think Toronto fans will like the ask.
A Columbus fan told me that you had a boyfriend who looked like a girlfriend it all happen February of last year

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
Two years ago Connor Brown outscored Tom Wilson. Would I trade Wilson for him today? NO, NO I would not. I also see no reason Columbus would intentionally get much, much softer.

^^I’d obviously trade Wilson for either Draisaitl or Granlund. I’d have to think long and hard about Niedereiter and 10th overall. See I can be reasonable, within limits.
Wilson has negative value dude.

In what world is he close to being worth Bouchard?

StephenPeat

Jul 19, 2015
Wilson has negative value dude.

In what world is he close to being worth Bouchard?
You’re cute buddy. I think I like you. Tom Wilson just this last Playoff had more points than anyone in either of the two possible teams represented in your avatar have had in, oh, let’s just call it 10+ years.

Negative value? Your comment has negative value as does your opinion. Tom Wilson? Well his name is etched on the trophy so I guess you can cry about it. You cheering for a team that’s gonna make the POs this season? If so, THEN I’ll care about you.

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
Toronto should do it. Anderson would be their second best dman. I’m sure though they’d rather find a dman to play that position though.

StephenPeat

Jul 19, 2015
Toronto should do it. Anderson would be their second best dman. I’m sure though they’d rather find a dman to play that position though.
Uh Anderson had 3PTS in 6 PO Games last season so he might actually be the 5th best F on the Maple Leafs ahead of Matthews and Kadri. Here a DERP, there a DERP.

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
You’re cute buddy. I think I like you. Tom Wilson just this last Playoff had more points than anyone in either of the two possible teams represented in your avatar have had in, oh, let’s just call it 10+ years.

Negative value? Your comment has negative value as does your opinion. Tom Wilson? Well his name is etched on the trophy so I guess you can cry about it. You cheering for a team that’s gonna make the POs this season? If so, THEN I’ll care about you.
Jesus. This honestly isn't even worth replying to

Reactions: loyaltotheend

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad