Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
lamborghini-logo-deborah-young.jpg

He’s this type of beef
Fitting because he breaks down often for no reasons

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Some of the modern sticks have a dual lie pattern whereby half of the blade(heel portion) is almost straight, the curve starts from mid to toe and this type of stick is better(but not as good as a straight blade) at backhand shots and passes. Draisaitl uses a very similar pattern as Both Crosby and Radulov, a very slight curve, I would say as close to straight as you will see from any of the current pro players. Here is what he is using(sent link because the image I found was too big)

Leon Draisaitle Curve - Ice Hockey Equipment - ModSquadHockey

This is a Crosby pro curve, the retail P29 crosby curve is much different than what he actually uses.

med_gallery_9357_698_33073.jpg

Radulov curve:
b554590181423d6e_small.jpeg

All three are similar curves with slight variations tailored to each players individual preference. All three are great when it comes to the art of the backhand. Sorry about the long post, I am a geek about this stuff. I personally own 20 sticks, many of them pro stock sticks with various curves.
All good...I rate it!

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
They are high performance cars, thats what they do, break.

Used to catch fire back in the 90s and 80s

So you do t know what breaks down....got it

They’ve come a long way since the 80’s and 90’s....I think they used to have issues with their clutches......anyways, he’s Ford Tough and Lamborghini fast, I’ll take that all day long....I’ll deal with the odd breakdowns

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
So you do t know what breaks down....got it

They’ve come a long way since the 80’s and 90’s....I think they used to have issues with their clutches......anyways, he’s Ford Tough and Lamborghini fast, I’ll take that all day long....I’ll deal with the odd breakdowns
There's not much breaking down with the mass produced Huracan and Gallardo (those are mostly re-branded R8, very little is in-house Lamborghini, they share some engine problems with the R8 too), but the aventador and the Murcielagos v12 (This V12 was a re-design of the one they used in the Miura, yep, that same engine developped in 1963 for the miura lol.), which are true bred lamborghini are absolute shit-shows of cars, and it is to be expected when you run a 650 hp naturally aspirated v12, insanity.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
I like the curve in your 1st pic. I don't need a nasty curve to lift the puck and I like to be able to roof the back hand upstairs on breakaways so a stick with a small curve works for me.

However, I'm old school and I still like to use the wood sticks. Don't know why but I like that they are heavier. Same issues I have with my driver playing golf. I hate that light shit cause I can't feel it
The wooden sticks have a very dampened feel, I used to use them but I can barely shoot with one now. Last year I bought a Sherwood PMP 5030 at Pro Hockey life and I only used it once, it felt dead in my hands. The new sticks are basically inspired by the lightweight golf clubs, flex and flex point are king and learning how to utilize both are key to being a good shooter. Caufield is a small guy but yet he can rip a puck probably better than any other prospect not currently in the NHL because he has spent hundreds of hours perfecting it.

Reactions: Habs Halifax

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
The wooden sticks have a very dampened feel, I used to use them but I can barely shoot with one now. Last year I bought a Sherwood PMP 5030 at Pro Hockey life and I only used it once, it felt dead in my hands. The new sticks are basically inspired by the lightweight golf clubs, flex and flex point are king and learning how to utilize both are key to being a good shooter. Caufield is a small guy but yet he can rip a puck probably better than any other prospect not currently in the NHL because he has spent hundreds of hours perfecting it.

Last part is key! This is how you end up being elite at something. The obsession to be better and the will to put the time into it. I've taken a break from playing in the later 30's and now that I've gotten back into playing again, I found that I lost some of my accuracy and ability to release in small spaces with accuracy. It's bothering me cause my working career prevents me from putting the time in again to get it back! Or I'm just getting old and have to come to grips that I'm not in my 30's anymore. lol

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
The feeling of a two piece aluminum easton is still, to this day, something I miss greatly.

Maybe its just me being nostalgic but I loved the feeling of stick handling with them. Obviously shooting is not as good though.

Reactions: OldCraig71

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
I get he is probably the type to have more goals than assists normally anyway, but make no mistake, his low assist total THIS year can be directly attributed to playing 30+ games with mr 2 goal Drouin as well...
He should easily have 30 pts already this year

Happy to have him tho, BIG time

Reactions: BLONG7

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az

Not sure if this was already posted, my apologies if so.

Anderson really impressed me last game. He looked like a guy ready for the playoffs.

He said this the morning before the game,

“We all know what’s at stake, and we’re going to treat tonight like a playoff game,” Anderson said. “Throughout the games we have left, we’ve really got to treat them like playoff games. We’ve got to start playing harder, and meaner, and really coming in and treating it with a business-like style so it’s going to be tough on the opponent to play against us. We don’t want them to think any night is going to be easy against us, so that’s going to be our mindset for tonight.”

And then he went out and scored two goals.

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
Seriously, great contract, great trade. I'm going to miss Bergevin one day, because i really like this team on paper.

Anderson got speed, physical ability, scoring touch, leadership... his impact it's like Gallagher.

Happy to have him for 7 years!

TannedBum

Jul 23, 2014
Fun fact. Anderson got Armia's minutes and PP role this season. Let's see..

Anderson so far this season. 48gp 17+7=24 0.50 ppg TOI 16:17

Armia last season. 58gp 16+14=30 0.52 ppg TOI 15:37

PK TOI not included.

And then there's the salary difference, but let's not go there. No need to get grumpy, chill, just throwing numbers.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Those who thought Anderson sucked and was not worth $5.5M need to speak up. Don't hide in the shadows. Many of you tried to use this as reasons why Bergevin sucks and this is evidence of using exaggeration to prove your points. It's a horrible way to prove your opinions

What has been the biggest things holding us back? It's Price and Weber. Almost everything Bergevin has done has been very very good moves. If I was him, I'd be pissed off at Price and Weber cause they are not even producing to half their cap hits. Imagine if they were producing to 75% of their cap hits this year? They better show up in the playoffs! I'm talking to you Price and Weber. It's time they get the Drouin treatment

And some of you want to target KK, Danault, Anderson, Drouin, Chiarot, Armia, Lehkonen, types.

giphy.gif

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
Fun fact. Anderson got Armia's minutes and PP role this season. Let's see..

Anderson so far this season. 48gp 17+7=24 0.50 ppg TOI 16:17

Armia last season. 58gp 16+14=30 0.52 ppg TOI 15:37

PK TOI not included.

And then there's the salary difference, but let's not go there. No need to get grumpy, chill, just throwing numbers.

Anderson is a bull-rush scorer, not surprising that his PP numbers aren't great...he's not a first unit PP guy...his impact is far greater 5v5 than Armia's is most nights, however...

Reactions: CapZzZzZz

CristianoRonaldo

Apr 7, 2014
In your head
Don't look but he has one more point than Domi... He started well, he was scoring goals left and right, he helped the team a lot at beginning, but 24 points in 50 is a pace for 40 points /season that's bad. Yes he's strong and fast, but if this does not translate in points, it's useless.

Reactions: Wats

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
Don't look but he has one more point than Domi... He started well, he was scoring goals left and right, he helped the team a lot at beginning, but 24 points in 50 is a pace for 40 points /season that's bad. Yes he's strong and fast, but if this does not translate in points, it's useless.
I said this and got roasted

Hes 100% an upgrade over Domi that's for sure. But still pace on 40 points , I expected more. Also the dude has brick hands for passing the puck.

Reactions: CristianoRonaldo
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad