Confirmed with Link: Joseph fined $5000 for high stick

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
It was when he was heading to to boards and turned so he'd impact them with his back. He had just one hand on his stick hilt so it flailed around and struck Aho in the face.

He was penalized for it.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
It was when he was heading to to boards and turned so he'd impact them with his back. He had just one hand on his stick hilt so it flailed around and struck Aho in the face.

He was penalized for it.
Uh, ok... How's that a fine and not just a 2min penalty? I'm not getting the sense of intent or reckless enough to severely harm, going to need to see it to understand I guess.

Reactions: DrEasy

Senator Stanley

Dec 11, 2003
Visit site
Uh, ok... How's that a fine and not just a 2min penalty? I'm not getting the sense of intent or reckless enough to severely harm, going to need to see it to understand I guess.

It was definitely careless, but most high sticking penalties are. I'm surprised he'd get a fine.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
It was definitely careless, but most high sticking penalties are. I'm surprised he'd get a fine.
Yeah, that's the thing about high sticking, it's typically careless, so to get a fine I always assume you'd have to be wantonly reckless or so reckless as to have put others in grave danger.

Again, I didn't catch it so maybe if I see a reply I'll understand, but right now I'm left wondering how Chabot is out with a concussion with nothing on after being boarded, while Joseph is out 5k for what I assume was less dangerous than the high stick Tkachuk took in the same game...

Reactions: Yak

Butchy Dakkar

Dark Butch Yak didn't seem right.
Oct 3, 2020
Um - did anyone see the high stick on Brady? I don't get the difference.

I think the hit on Chabot warranted a fine, but it didn't even get a penalty.

Oh well, yes I'm a homer.

Flamingo

Nov 13, 2008
Ottawa
So arbitrary, considering what's going un-reviewed -- high stick on Tkachuk, hit on Chabot, hit on Pinto...

Reactions: DrEasy

ksens

Mar 8, 2006
He probably gets the fine because the high stick wasn't a hockey play. This isn't a failed attempt to lift a stick or a stick riding up on a player or whatever. This is someone going in for a check with their stick like a flail at a players face.

Not saying it was intentional, but it was reckless and unnecessary.

Not saying it excuses some of the other missed calls against us.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I'm out of town and didn't see the game but WTF happened to Brady?! Fight?

Or that high stick I am reading about?
Mayfield aggressively tried to lift his stick but missed and caught him in the face,

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad