Trade: Jose Bautista to the Phillies

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
He's been way better this year vs last year. Positive WAR and a 100 wRC+ vs 80.

I'm talking about his power. I'm not into the tech nerd stats. I'm not giving up a prospect for a guy on the back end of his career for a month rental. What is the current Bautista going to bring that isn't already a part of this Phillies team's style of play? One player won't make or break their defensive woes.

Cheese Wagstaff

Dec 11, 2017
I'm talking about his power. I'm not into the tech nerd stats. I'm not giving up a prospect for a guy on the back end of his career for a month rental. What is the current Bautista going to bring that isn't already a part of this Phillies team's style of play? One player won't make or break their defensive woes.

Hey pal, did you get a load of the nerd?

Reactions: HFBCommenter

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
His ISO is up this year compared to last.

Cheese Wagstaff

Dec 11, 2017
His ISO is up this year compared to last.

The Phillies also aren’t giving up a real prospect, but either cash or a PTBNL. I don’t think you’re responding to a guy who gets concerned about whether his opinions directly contradict facts though.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
ISO? Didn’t he just say get outta here with that nerd ****? Math is for loser nerds like Mark Zuckerberg and Bill Gates.

So he's hitting .196, sure, enjoy that, 11 homers and 42 RBI's.

[MOD]

The Phillies also aren’t giving up a real prospect, but either cash or a PTBNL. I don’t think you’re responding to a guy who gets concerned about whether his opinions directly contradict facts though.

Facts, he has a BA under .200, who else outside of a pitcher this year qualifies for that?

Stat don't win games, players do, all this tech is, is they want to be able to eliminate positions within organizations.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cheese Wagstaff

Dec 11, 2017
Facts, he has a BA under .200, who else outside of a pitcher this year qualifies for that?

“I’m talking about his power.”

“His batting average is low.”

tenor.gif

Cheese Wagstaff

Dec 11, 2017
No one actually thinks Bautista is a big time difference maker, but the rosters expand in four days and when they do Joey can be a right handed pinch hitter for the last month for a time in a tight race. Seriously, the bar for a bench player you acquire on August 28 is so remarkably low. Considering they got him for basically nothing it’s a fine move. Or maybe I’m just a f***ing nerd because I spent four seconds thinking about how a guy would fit into a roster before going online to call a trade bad.

Last edited:
Reactions: Clowe Me

Bob Richards

Mr. Mojo Risin'
Feb 9, 2011
Jersey
Jose's start with the Mets was very good but he's been tip-toeing above a .600 OPS for two months now.

Since he is now a Phillie I hope that trend continues :D

Reactions: AtlantaWhaler

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
No one actually thinks Bautista is a big time difference maker, but the rosters expand in four days and when they do Joey can be a right handed pinch hitter for the last month for a time in a tight race. Seriously, the bar for a bench player you acquire on August 28 is to remarkably low. Considering they got him for basically nothing it’s a fine move. Or maybe I’m just a ****ing nerd because I spent four seconds thinking about how a guy would fit into a roster before going online to call a trade bad.

They are playing themselves out of being in the playoffs, with that D they were never a contender, it's a miracle they are 9 above .500

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol

Is tech nerd sort of like techno Viking?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad