Jose Antonio Reyes (35) dies in car accident

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Nobody said it wasn't tragic; loss of life almost always is. It's certainly not unfair to question whether or not someone inherently deserves respect just because they died, if they endangered and acted recklessly and cost other people their lives as well.

I don't know what happened, maybe one of the people in the car was messing around and caused the driver to lose control so I'm not passing judgment either way, but I can certainly see where if it was solely his fault why someone would decline to respect that given the loss of other lives because of someone else's recklessness, regardless of their choice to be in the car or not (that choice generally assumes safety and puts a level of trust in the driver).

But then this is why I almost never ever let someone else drive me somewhere (and I don't fly, or bus) because I have big trust issues when it comes to having my life in other peoples' hands.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
All we know is that they were going extremely fast. Like the kind of fast I would do at 1 AM in the desert when I feel like I have an hour left before I fall asleep at the wheel. There was nobody around them and they went off the road.

They didn't hurt anyone else, so yes, to respond to some of the frankly sickening posts earlier, it is ****ing tragic. It is also a lesson to be learned that even if it's late at night and you aren't endangering people while speeding, you should still be careful.

200 km/h...:eek: Santiago Canizares brought this up as well, basically saying despite the tragedy, he didn't go out like a hero.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
200 km/h...:eek: Santiago Canizares brought this up as well, basically saying despite the tragedy, he didn't go out like a hero.
I've gone that fast once, on a straight road, and I'd never do it again. It's incredibly dangerous and stupid.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Just because Paul Walker let his friend drive his car and it resulted in a tragedy like this one doesn’t mean they don’t deserve R.I.P. I am sure 100% if they could redo the accident they would not have done it and why this is horrible news.

RIP for all the victims involved and prayers for the families.

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
The speed alone wouldn't necessarily be the problem on a straight, dry road in a vehicle like that. But it does reduce margin of error significantly.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I've gone that fast once, on a straight road, and I'd never do it again. It's incredibly dangerous and stupid.

True story: summer of 1992, my cousin was visiting my mom and me and one of our aunts came to pick us up because me were heading to our mothers parents (they died in the 80's already, if was left to the youngest brother but he wasn't living there then yet) house for the summer. We made the trip from Laitila to Seinäjoki, which is about 269 kilometers, in 3 hours in a flipping Seat Ibiza. Her average speed was about 110 km and at one time she overtook about 5 cars in a row while going 150 km top speed. My cousin and I were sitting in the backseat holding tightly to out seatbelts. Then, once we got to Seinäjoki to her place, one of my cousin's sisters came to pick us from our aunt's place with her then boyfriend and two of her kids, to take us to our final destination Kauhajärvi which was about a 48 km ride. Once we got off the intersection in Lapua, my cousins boyfriend asked, "shall we see how fast we can go this time?". Ford Sierra Cosworth...190 km!!!! My cousin and I looked at each other on the backseat with a "are you f***ing kidding me?" look.

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
I havent driven myself that fast, but I was in the passenger seat of a car going 150 mph. It was pretty tight. This was on the Autobahn and 100% legal fwiw.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
I've been 120. Regularly go 90-95 when I take I-40 between Barstow and Laughlin. You better believe I'd drive that fast, there's absolutely nothing out there and I find the drive to be quite dangerous if you aren't doing something to keep your attention. That's what I thought the Reyes crash speed was in the first place.

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
237 km/h in Spain is worth withdrawal of driving license. These good cars can get at such a high speed and you don't even realize, I rented an A5 last year in Germany and I was at 210km/h and I thought I was going at 150, it was night and absolutely nobody on the Autobahn but yeah.
Anyways, seems he had a flat tyre and at that speed... That's what happens. Very unfortunate and reckless on his side.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad