Jori Lehtera open ice hit, suspendable?

Leafsdude7

Stand-Up Philosopher
Mar 26, 2011
Ontario
Interference, headshot, elbow? With that trifecta, I'd like to think so. Considering Kunitz didn't get one for a similar play a few days ago makes me uncertain, though.

Reactions: TooManyHumans

TooManyHumans

May 4, 2018
The way he moves the elbow seemingly intentionally to hit him in the head makes it look really bad. If he hadn't pulled the elbow back like that it wouldn't seem nearly as bad.

Satastic

Nazi punks **** off
Sep 12, 2014
Riverbank, CA
Yeah he may have been reaching for the puck, but the extended elbow makes it suspension worthy imo. If he kept it tucked it’d be more debatable

Reactions: Viqsi

Esko6

Sep 14, 2004
Finland
He moved out his elbow just a little bit but it would have been nothing had not Bjorkstrand kneeled.

Reactions: LAINEC

BritainStix

F**k Cutter Gauthier
Oct 20, 2016
Dumb by both players. Allthough we will be over the moon if the league suspends him. Slowest skater in the NHL

Hint1k

Oct 27, 2017
Well, that's the intentional headshot with the elbow. Luckily, the impact was not big enough, so I assume there was no injury. Anyway, it still should be a suspension. My guess: 1-2 games.

Last edited:

Beville

#ForTheBoys
Mar 4, 2011
Engerlanddd!
There’s defending yourself with your elbow and then there’s purposely throwing it out.

Suspendable in my opinion... either that or elbows aren’t high on the DoPS list.

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
They, announcers, said that since he didn’t completely chicken wing Bjorkstand, the league won’t look at it- meaning he didn’t fully extend his elbow to make contact with the face.

Still dirty nonetheless. Penalty for illegal check to the head. I think we should get Parros to, you know, make him sit for the remainder ~60 games.

compan

Sep 30, 2009
Nashville
If it wasn't for the elbow coming out, I'd say he could catch a break for hitting a player changing his level at the last second. But that elbow doesn't look good.

elwin316

Jun 4, 2009
Reminded me of Steve Moore's hit on Naslund. League is different now though, probably suspension worthy this time around.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad