Jori Lehtera open ice hit, suspendable?

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
Flared the elbow out. Caught Bjorkstrand in the head with it. Totally unnecessary elbow. Open ice hit. Thoughts? (Will post more gifs/vids when they become available.)

Last edited:

Cellee

Dec 20, 2014
Slow mo makes walking down the street seem malicious, but that looked bad.

traparatus

Oct 19, 2012
It's a tough call, for me. Bjorkstrand lowers his head by a good foot immediately preceding the hit. I don't think Lehtera expected that at all.

Close call.

Reactions: LAINEC

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
Surpringsly ive been constantly refreshing twitter feed and can’t find any more gifs/vids

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
Nah, Bjorkstrand lunged forward right before getting hit.

Lehtera didn't mean to make contact with his head, so 2 mins is correct call. Maybe he elbowed on purpose but to me looks like he was just going for the puck.

Also Bjorkstrand was fine and out for the PP. Had Lehtera been trying to injure him, I think he would have caused more damage given it was an elbow to the face/head.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Maybe Bjorkstrand is a Fed investigating a cocaine ring

Looked more like he was bracing and trying to absorb contact, OB is basically on his knees at time of impact. So physics would say there's probably gonna be head contact in any collision between them at that point.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Absolutely a suspension. Not only does he pick the head but he picks it with the elbow too.

Not sure about how many games though, it's his first time isn't it? 2 or 3 maybe?

SquiddFX

#Seanski
Dec 16, 2013
Montreal
I'm not sure what to think. It looks absolutely dirty from this angle. At the same time, Bjorkstrand is falling/reaching for the puck. I originally thought Lethera was going to hold off Borkstrand and that's why his elbow went out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->