Waived: Jordin Tootoo

last_sd

Jun 9, 2007
Good. I like what he brings, but it was a bad signing, overpriced and too much term. Good luck Tootoo.

This. I like him as 750K~1M 4th line player.
1.9 is quite high for 4th liner.

I know we have worse contracts but at least Tootoo has chance to be picked up (or save us 900K space)

AD1066

Sep 30, 2011
Shame, I really liked what he brought to the ice every night.

What are we paying Samuelsson and Cleary again?

mizunox

Dec 4, 2008
It's a shame. I didn't think I'd like Tootoo but I did.
I loved the tempo he played at and I'm sad to see him go.

Does a Nyquist call up depend on someone taking Tootoo off waivers?
..like if he gets assigned to GR do we have the cap space for Nyquist?

jaster

Might be back on probation.
Jun 8, 2007
As others have said, under different circumstances, I'd like Tootoo on the team. But he doesn't fit on this roster. And it's nice to see his contract go away. Nice of the Wings to at least wait until after the Winnipeg game to waive him.

I forget the new rules though, what happens if he's not claimed? We're stuck with part of his cap hit, even if he goes to the minors?

last_sd

Jun 9, 2007
Hmmm if he does get claimed, does it relieve enough cap space to bring up Nyquist?

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
One of the few who brought it in the winnipeg game, his payment? Waive him.

But we've got Cleary and Samuelsson when we need energy so who needs a guy who actually plays his role perfectly

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
Hmmm if he does get claimed, does it relieve enough cap space to bring up Nyquist?

I think (someone correct me if I'm wrong) the reason he is getting pushed out is because of the number of players on our roster being too high now that we are getting healthy. So cap space won't really matter in this instance.

last_sd

Jun 9, 2007
One of the few who brought it in the winnipeg game, his payment? Waive him.

But we've got Cleary and Samuelsson when we need energy so who needs a guy who actually plays his role perfectly

Difference is Tootoo has remote chance of getting picked up.
Even if he doesn't we get ~900K cap space

Sammy on the other hand has less chance of getting picked up.
And if he doesn't he only gets us ~100K cap space (35+ contract)

Babcock & Holland loves Cleary. No way he gets waived.

I think (someone correct me if I'm wrong) the reason he is getting pushed out is because of the number of players on our roster being too high now that we are getting healthy. So cap space won't really matter in this instance.

Yeah I guess we still have Sammy as 13th forward.

TKB

Jun 12, 2010
Chicago
If Tootoo is not claimed we can only bury 925 of his contract.

I THINK, but not sure:

If Tootoo is cleared there will be Cap room (though not roster when everyone is healthy)for Nyquist.

If he is not claimed, I think Eaves would also have to be waived to clear Cap space.

Theoretically, it Tootoo is claimed, Sammy could be waived and while there is lttle cap relief it would open up the roster space for Nyquist.

Not positive about this as I have no idea how to do the daily calculations/ LTIR reflief.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
This. I like him as 750K~1M 4th line player.
1.9 is quite high for 4th liner.

I know we have worse contracts but at least Tootoo has chance to be picked up (or save us 900K space)

He's an amazing 4th liner and a very serviceable 3rd liner. But yeah, did Babcock and Holland talk at all about his potential role on the team. Because Tootoo never got a glimpse outside the 4th line, and what kind of GM goes out and pays a guy 1.9 a year for 2 years for 4th line duties? Especially when there are a ton of guys on the farm team that could easily fill that role?

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
He's an amazing 4th liner and a very serviceable 3rd liner. But yeah, did Babcock and Holland talk at all about his potential role on the team. Because Tootoo never got a glimpse outside the 4th line, and what kind of GM goes out and pays a guy 1.9 a year for 2 years for 4th line duties? Especially when there are a ton of guys on the farm team that could easily fill that role?

Pretty sure it was a 3 year contract. Makes it even worse.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad