Jordan Weal

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
Greetings Coyotes Fans,

Just wanted to ask you all what you thought of Weal? Is he a solid defensive player? Or a bum?

I have always liked him and his ahl numbers are just not showing up in the NHL. Just wanted to get some feedback on how you guys think he’s doing.

Cheers!

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Historically, he's been a good fourth liner at least. Not sure if he's just trying to do too much, or what, but he's been basically worthless here so far, unfortunately.

JasonDemersWasOkay

Nov 14, 2018
Brought him in to shore up our neutral zone play and faceoffs, maybe show a little offensive upside with an increased role.

He has failed at all of these things. Should be waiver fodder once we get some of our NHL centers back, hopefully.

Reactions: Murf

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
Yikes. Ok thanks for the feedback. Didn’t know he was this bad. That’s unfortunate

Edenjung

Jun 7, 2018
Leave that poor guy alone.
Maybe he is bad, but he helped us out.
We can trade him and a 4th for Brooks Macek to vegas. That will at least help the scooring in the AHL (Macek one of the leaders there and a damn good german/canadian player).

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Archibald has been better. Kempe too. He should not be less effective than players of that caliber but he has been. There’s a lot of hyperbole in this thread but it’s really as simple as most of us hoping he’d be an upgrade on one or two of our injury fill-in level players but we’ve been disappointed.

Reactions: _Del_

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
Archibald has been better. Kempe too. He should not be less effective than players of that caliber but he has been. There’s a lot of hyperbole in this thread but it’s really as simple as most of us hoping he’d be an upgrade on one or two of our injury fill-in level players but we’ve been disappointed.

It was fairly obvious to me, when the trade was announced, this was a player they wanted to waive. And then asked first if anyone wanted to flip a low pick to get him.

He was basically for free, they even took a contract back.

And he has won some draws. He does seem a bit lost though.

Lawson of Anarchy

I'm kind of embarrassed
Oct 9, 2016
London
His first number of games he was trying to do everything on his own - not passing or setting up plays, going to the net all alone. I was hoping he would "get" the system and start contributing. Maybe he takes a while to get the system. I would still cut him some slack in that regard. But he is playing less well than the AHLers and RFAs.

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
I can't believe this guy is our fourth-highest paid forward.

There are technically three more forwards with a higher caphit on the IR. :sarcasm:.

Also, as he had a contract with a signing bonus, he is not getting more dollars than Richardson or Hinostroza.

It's most likely the tail end of the biggest contract he ever get in the NHL.

And, as I said, the only reason Yotes got him, must have been because he was getting dumped.

I don't see no reason to be bitter here.

SlickShot

Feb 8, 2019
I see him just being a 4th liner. He should not be getting paid what he is making currently.

Imaravencawcaw

Jul 19, 2018
Does his play have anything to do with what seems to be the Himalayan sized learning curve for Tocc's system?

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Does his play have anything to do with what seems to be the Himalayan sized learning curve for Tocc's system?

I think so, yes. But he's also shown no reason for optimism that he'll fit in within the 25 games remaining which is all I care about. He's not a long term piece. I'd legitimately rather have Kempe in the lineup right now if he were healthy.

Reactions: Ghostface Keller

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Weal’s only positives so far from what I’ve seen are his face offs and zone entries. Unfortunately that’s been it.

He was a little more visible in the Blues game last night but I can’t tell if that was a product of improvement or just the rest of the team played so bad around him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad