Recalled/Assigned: Jordan Weal

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
Glad he got the call up. Hopefully he proves he belongs. I forget, he only has to clear waivers when being sent down, right?

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Between this & Boyd Gordon being out for a month with an MCL sprain at least some ice time will open for some young guys down there. That's really the most positive I take off both news today with those guys.

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT
They should really give Weal a 10 game audition and keep playing him on a scoring line.
It's probably the last chance for both him and Hextall to make things work. Would hurt to see him having success with another organization next year.

Flukeshot

Briere Activate!
Sponsor
Feb 19, 2004
Brampton, Ont
They should really give Weal a 10 game audition and keep playing him on a scoring line.
It's probably the last chance for both him and Hextall to make things work. Would hurt to see him having success with another organization next year.

Agreed 100%. Give the guy a fair chance to show what he can do. See if there is a future fit, or move on.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Unless he has a terrible game, I'd expect him to play in the top 9 till at least Konecny gets back. He's almost 25 so this is really the last chance for him to show he deserves to stay with the organization.

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
I hope he stays up long enough that he would need to pass waivers on his way down. Coupled with Hexy's reluctance to expose as valuable assets as Gordon or Amac it would pretty much mean he stays up until end of the season.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
The contact on the hit didn't seem too bad, so hopefully he'll only be out for a game or two as a precaution.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Jordan Weal. Big fan. Good at hockey.

I like him too - he's a creative problem-solver on offense, and we need some of that. If everything goes well the rest of the season, I'd pencil him in on that top line for next season. I'd love to see:

Weal - G - Simmer
Neck - Flip - Jake
Lindblom - Couts - Lardbomb
Lube - PEB - Read

That third line could be killer IMO. I'd also like if we flip Flip and Couts, because TK and Jake play well with Couts.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
It shows how much we lack in creative forwards with speed when Weal is someone to get excited about. And I mean that in a way that's good for him, but reflects poorly on most of the team.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
The issue is, if he plays well, other teams willbe interested in him since he's a UFA. If he doesn't, they we won't look to re-sign him.

I don't see him on Philly next year.

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
Yeah, I just don't think there's a spot for him next year, unless we expect Raffl and Weise to be 4th liners next season, which would also mean no Laughton, no Cousins, and no Leier in the lineup.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Weal certainly belongs over Weise, Read, Cousins, Lyubimov, and Vandevelde.

Hopefully VV and Lyubimov are not re-signed. Cousins I'd trade if it meant keeping Weal. Read and Weise I guess we're stuck with.

Delete99991

May 9, 2013
Yes, Weal's emergence is a reminder of how poor the Weise signing really was.

The wasted money is one thing, but it also makes it harder for the Weals of 2018 and 2019 to get an opportunity.

I wonder if we see Bellemare the same way by next year (if not already). Or, god help us, VDV if he gets another year or two.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Yes, Weal's emergence is a reminder of how poor the Weise signing really was.

The wasted money is one thing, but it also makes it harder for the Weals of 2018 and 2019 to get an opportunity.

I wonder if we see Bellemare the same way by next year (if not already). Or, god help us, VDV if he gets another year or two.

Agree with all of this. If VDV or Lyubimov get re-signed, just fire Hextall immediately.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
It shows how much we lack in creative forwards with speed when Weal is someone to get excited about. And I mean that in a way that's good for him, but reflects poorly on most of the team.

Agreed. His want to drive the net for example stands out far more jab it should.

I like Lubi. He's a great checking line player.

flyersfan187

Dec 4, 2007
Morrisdale, PA
If Weal can keep it up the rest of the season he deserves a chance next year on this team to stick. He is a lot like Briere was around the net which is something that this team needed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad