Confirmed with Link: Jordan Weal to Montreal in Exchange for Michael Chaput

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
So a month later.. Weal has been a pleasant surprise, has helped the PP, and solidified our 4th line.

Must not of liked the sand.
Doesn't really surprise me. I said at the time, it wouldn't surprise me to see him bounce back as a solid 4th liner. That's basically what he's been before his stint here.
But it wasn't working here. He was bad here for whatever reason.

Don't think you'll find anyone who regrets moving on and taking the cash savings.

Reactions: 0point1, SR and hbk

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
So a month later.. Weal has been a pleasant surprise, has helped the PP, and solidified our 4th line.

Must not of liked the sand.

Good for him.

It's not decent 4th-liners Yotes don't have anyways.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
This happens with players all the time. Archibald has 14 goals for us right now. If they could do this every season they would be a 2-3m 3rd liner. Good for him though.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
I did not expect much from him, yet he now has 8 pts (3G 5A) in 13 games with the Habs and last night against the Jets won 68% of his face-offs.
In Mtl we really like him, for now anyway.
Link: Jordan Weal deserves the opportunities he has been given
This is the guy I thought we were getting. A little upside, scores well in lower leagues, has always been a solid 4th liner. Contract year.
We didn't. He was awful here. Was given a chance with everyone, even top six minutes. Did nothing with them.
Didn't work out. No real explanation. No regrets. Good for him for making a show of it in MTL.
If he becomes a real top six C, then sure come back and add to our misery, but I'm not losing sleep over the guy we picked up when we were ravaged year by injuries.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad