Confirmed with Link: Jordan Weal to Montreal in Exchange for Michael Chaput

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Loved Chaput as a QMJHL player. He was incredible for Shawinigan in the Memorial Cup. Gormley was also on that team. Obviously Chaput is not an NHL player and was acquired to help Tucson out, while saving some money in the process. But he’s a really good lower level player and I think the Roadrunners will enjoy this trade.

Reactions: Pomee and _Del_

Edenjung

Jun 7, 2018
Man he was wealy wealy bad.
But ok for a wealy weal player.

I would have liked Brooks MAcek more, but i think that that guy was off limits.

Reactions: Yandover and Pomee

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Chaput coming to AZ.

Chaput's AHL money is 275k. Weal's is $1.75M.

We can demote Chaput when Dvo is ready.

Man, did Weal suck.
Exactly. It’s just a cash consideration. I will say I was surprised by how poorly Weal fit in. I expected him to be at least as effective as Archibald. Nope. Glad we cut bait.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Loved Chaput as a QMJHL player. He was incredible for Shawinigan in the Memorial Cup. Gormley was also on that team. Obviously Chaput is not an NHL player and was acquired to help Tucson out, while saving some money in the process. But he’s a really good lower level player and I think the Roadrunners will enjoy this trade.

Weal wouldn't have cleared waivers to Tucson, I don't think (although by rights he should have given how he played here). Good organizational work by Chayka here.

Reactions: Pomee and Jakey53

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
I know Dvo is back, and Chaput is already in the A and doesn't have to clear, so he's going to stay in Tucson, but -- I'd honestly have given Chaput a NHL roster spot over Weal at this point.
Had sort of hoped Weal would be a good fill in with his history. Maybe even a little untapped potential to show with expanded opportunity, but he looked so out of sync with everything happening here. Not sure why he looked so bad as he's always been a respectable 4C guy who put up some numbers at lower levels.
As someone said above, we took a chance, and I'm glad we're turning that page. Also thrilled for the second year in a row that management is actually paying attention to pur farm team. Hope Chaput helps them keep rolling.

Reactions: Pomee

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad