Confirmed with Link: Jordan Weal to AZ for Jacob Graves & 2019 6th Round Pick

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Contract limit must be less of a problem than has been assumed :huh:
Or maybe something else is in the deal yet to be announced?

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
according to the NHL website concerning 50 contact limit: "...teams are only allowed to have up to 50 players signed to contracts for any given season, including those for the players on the active roster and injured reserve list. The unsigned players are draft picks of the club how have not yet been signed. Every player on the 23-person active NHL roster, plus any player on the injured reserve list, must be under contract (and count toward the 50 contract maximum) and every team must have at least 24 players and 3 goaltenders under an SPC. Beyond those parameters, a team has a wide latitude to make up its 50 contracts. In actuality, most teams opt not to use the full 50-contract maximum to give the organization the flexibility to make roster moves - trades, waiver claims, or player signings - at any given time."

Information on the 50-contract roster limit and 90-player maximum reserve list

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
Can you apply for an exception on the limit, due to injuries?

This is weird. Only two of the guys on the IR-list are traded in to be there. Still, that's what people probably would point to, if you brought up the problem.

So, guys can play for the RR on minor-league contracts without counting against the limit? But then the point of the RR disappears, huh?

I have always felt the roster-limits are a bit low. Now, they are a disaster.

Trade someone in the A with an NHL-contract, but without real upside, for an AHL-er with that kind of limited minor-league contract? Is this maybe the plan? And who would do it.

Edit: Ah. Graves was included. Must admit I've never noticed the name... Big loss?

Name Nameless

Apr 12, 2017
The Flyers-fans seems to be divided on the value of Weal. Yeah, it's another player I've never noticed, I admit... But a good think they are divided, then. At least some liked him. ;)

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
that's great we were able to get rid of Graves. Playing in the ECHL with Smereck.

32gp 2g 5a 7pts

So it was great to rid ourselves of that contract.

Name Nameless

Apr 12, 2017
...and good on Chayka not to give up anything more than a 6th. I was afraid he would spend a 3rd or 4th to get someone like Weal.

If he got rid of a more or less dead contract, this seems like a great trade. Absolutely worth a 6th. I assume some of the IR are insured, so he was allowed to take a slightly more expensive player for a change.

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
I don't think you'll get it.
But if you do, I hope it's KConn going somewhere.

I want Goligoski traded away. Keep KConn

OEL - Hammer (excellent since they got back together)
Chych - Bush
Oesterle - KConn

Someone can give up a relatively okay roster player for the rest of the year (or with term) for Goose.

Reactions: Lilhoody

GiveAFlyingPuck

Boring hockey aficionado
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2011
NW Valley of the Sun
He scored a goal against us last season when we got our first win of the season in Philly. He was also their first shooter in the shootout when we lost to them at home last Feb (didn't score). We could use help in the shootout, too.

Name Nameless

Apr 12, 2017
He scored a goal against us last season when we got our first win of the season in Philly. He was also their first shooter in the shootout when we lost to them at home last Feb (didn't score). We could use help in the shootout, too.

I've always had that theory teams are much more willing to trade for players who has scored on them.

Face-off percentage, I can see I'm not the only one here to like that one. Above 50, well above, actually. That would be sweet. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad