Player Discussion Jordan Weal: To Russia With Love... (Weal To Sign in KHL)

habergeon

Apr 15, 2015
Jesus take the Weal.....off the power play.

As long as he and Cousins are fixtures on it, we aren't a playoff team. I know our power play numbers are decent this year, but God help us against top tier teams.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
“Eld Hockey Group = Vancouver Based Hockey Skills Program, providing professional instruction with collaboration of other top coaches”

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
The PP Commander is back :thumbu:

upload_2020-7-7_20-19-51.png

Reactions: Toene

Holystik

Nov 17, 2018
Mars
I'm not a fan of him as much as the next one BUT I would trust Weal more as a 4th centre if a C gets injured and all Cs move up one spot. Weal is good at the faceoff circle so that's that. Poehling needs time in the AHL starting around next week.

Weal is our only real depth right now as 5th C unless Poehling makes a miracle...

Last edited:

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
I'm not a fan of him as much as the next one BUT I would trust Weal more as a 4th centre if a C gets injured and all Cs move up one spot. Weal is good at the faceoff circle so that's that. Poehling needs time in the AHL starting around next week.

Weal is our only real depth right now as 5th C unless Poehling makes a miracle...

Frolik has played C before.

Reactions: Holystik

Holystik

Nov 17, 2018
Mars
Frolik has played C before.
I'd trust 5C-Weal more at the centre position than an out of position Frolik.
Here is to show you how many times Frolik took faceoffs in his 12 years in the league. It'll show you how little time he played at centre and how much uneasy he would be at that position for not having been a centre for over a decade.
Again, it's ok for us to disagree.
Screenshot_20210202-055037_Samsung Internet.jpg

Last edited:

Holystik

Nov 17, 2018
Mars
Byron took more faceoffs than him since 2014...
Did he? Haha
I would also trust Weal more as 5th C depth replacement than Byron as 4th C. I believe we all got traumatized by Weal's overusage but as a depth 5th C temporary replacement, he ain't that bad. For me winning faceoffs on a 4th line for a 5C is a pretty good toolbox. Get the puck out of the Dzone after faceoff win and switch lines if needed.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Did he? Haha
I would also trust Weal more as 5th C depth replacement than Byron as 4th C. I believe we all got traumatized by Weal's overusage but as a depth 5th C temporary replacement, he ain't that bad. For me winning faceoffs on a 4th line for a 5C is a pretty good toolbox. Get the puck out of the Dzone after faceoff win and switch lines if needed.
I have no problem with Weal, I think he's an NHL player. The fact that we have a guy like that so deep on our depth list is amazing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->