Player Discussion Jordan Weal: To Russia With Love... (Weal To Sign in KHL)

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
exept they are not... look at the scoresheet... It's the unit without them that's producing better.

Last game, the units were:

Cousins Domi Armia
Weber Weal

Tatar Danault Gallagher
Petry Suzuki

Both units scored.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Yet our pp sucked last year without them on it and was decent at the end of the year when Weal, Armia, and Danault got on it.

Same with this year - improved recently and Weal and Cousins have been a part of that.

I'm in favor of replacing them, but I'd like to see the numbers with them on it versus not on it.

Unsustainable success is worth nothing. Lars Eller could score 8 goals in two games and it wouldn't mean squat because he's not that player.

Weal, Danault and Cousins produced a few goals because they got lucky, nothing more, nothing less.

Also the PP is bad/

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
this is insane :laugh: Weal and Cousins should not even play in the NHL, let alone run a PP.

Their career trajectory is eerily similar though (Philadelphia -> Arizona -> Montreal ).
I guess we're really the bottom of the barrel

Not a fan of Weal or Cousins I guess,fine,TOETO. Not sure whom you'd prefer in those roles though.

And no,I'm not insane,just been tested. Everything is A OK.:thumbu:

Reactions: abo9

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
Not a fan of Weal or Cousins I guess,fine,TOETO. Not sure whom you'd prefer in those roles though.

And no,I'm not insane,just been tested. Everything is A OK.:thumbu:

:help: I'd rather have Kotkaniemi, Lehkonen, or even Poehling now that he's here in those roles. Maybe Leskinen? Why play with 4 forwards if the 4th forward is no better than a defenseman in bringing offense?

All in all, it doesn't smell good to me if Julien trusts a guy like Weal before Kotkaniemi on the PP.

Attachments

• upload_2019-12-19_11-22-34.png
    upload_2019-12-19_11-22-34.png
    130.1 KB · Views: 3

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Unsustainable success is worth nothing. Lars Eller could score 8 goals in two games and it wouldn't mean squat because he's not that player.

Weal, Danault and Cousins produced a few goals because they got lucky, nothing more, nothing less.

Also the PP is bad/

I agree about Eller...

I do think Weal, Cousins, Danault, and Armia aren't lucky but have two things going for them: winning puck batyles and moving the puck quickly. But i'd like upgrades on the pp...

Pp is currently 10th in the NHL.

angusyoung

Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
:help: I'd rather have Kotkaniemi, Lehkonen, or even Poehling now that he's here in those roles. Maybe Leskinen? Why play with 4 forwards if the 4th forward is no better than a defenseman in bringing offense?

All in all, it doesn't smell good to me if Julien trusts a guy like Weal before Kotkaniemi on the PP.

Would have been nice to see Leskenen get a look,but no longer with the club so that will have to see another time.

KK was not the answer as he turns the puck over too easily,pushed off etc. Weal keeps possession more and set up the PP. Lekonen can shoot,but also looses the puck too easily. Poehling is green and too raw at the moment,needs time. IMO

Reactions: abo9

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I agree about Eller...

I do think Weal, Cousins, Danault, and Armia aren't lucky but have two things going for them: winning puck batyles and moving the puck quickly. But i'd like upgrades on the pp...

Pp is currently 10th in the NHL.
None of that makes you produce on the PP

Also, Weal does none of that.

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
Would have been nice to see Leskenen get a look,but no longer with the club so that will have to see another time.

KK was not the answer as he turns the puck over too easily,pushed off etc. Weal keeps possession more and set up the PP. Lekonen can shoot,but also looses the puck too easily. Poehling is green and too raw at the moment,needs time. IMO

So what is Kotkaniemi doing in the NHL if he can't even be more useful than Jordan Weal? I can accept icing these guys because we are rebuilding and have a bad roster but that's almost self-sabotage... just play the kids in the AHL at this point, why so obstinate?

I know you and I don't call the shots, so me saying that has no impact on next game and I'm just venting. And I'm all in for keeping the cap, as in, let's not rush a trade for short-term improvements. However, I'm not going to defend that Weal and Cousins on the PP will ever be acceptable.

Reactions: Da Grinder

angusyoung

Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
So what is Kotkaniemi doing in the NHL if he can't even be more useful than Jordan Weal? I can accept icing these guys because we are rebuilding and have a bad roster but that's almost self-sabotage... just play the kids in the AHL at this point, why so obstinate?

I know you and I don't call the shots, so me saying that has no impact on next game and I'm just venting. And I'm all in for keeping the cap, as in, let's not rush a trade for short-term improvements. However, I'm not going to defend that Weal and Cousins on the PP will ever be acceptable.

KK should not be in the NHL the way he was playing and it's rather evident to some.So much depends on ones own agenda. Most are under the impression that MB et all,have no clue to what to do,they at least will play the move that put people in the stands whether it is detrimental or not.

Venting is good and healthy,go for it! 'tis the time and place for that regardless of indifference or not.
:cheers:

Loner

Dec 29, 2008
Montreal
I would never understand Weal or Cousin on the PP, it's like they want to have a bad PP. At least, with KK or Poehling, even not producing in PP, would be better for the experiences and the future.

Reactions: Slashers98

Forum93

Feb 16, 2015
Dumb turnovers by Domi and dumb penalties by Weal cost us the game. But man, some of those penalties were ridiculous Oilers diving all over the place.

Edit- sorry, should have put this in the PGT

Reactions: Slashers98

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
Hopefully Vejdemo is in over him next game. I don't mind Weal playing minimal 4th line minutes, but for whatever reason Julien can't control his love for him and plays him 14-15 minutes a game.

Reactions: Jokerniemi

Intangir

Aug 14, 2008
Montreal, QC
What cracks me up with this player is when the camera films his face, he's always so serious, with a thousand-yard stare, displaying such gravitas in his demeanor...
The way he circles with the puck in the offensive zone like he's the Wonder himself, scanning for options... just to get pokechecked and lose the possession on the man-advantage, yet again. Such is the legend of Jordan the unlikely.

Inevitably, he'll bend his knees and rest his stick on them, gliding around after the whistle. Hanging his head, looking down at the frozen surface, he tells himself that "this time was so close", that play could've worked if not for the hockey gods playing around with his fate. To confront his destiny, and alter its path, he just needs more PP1 minutes. Claudius Julianos, standing in the auditorium of the ongoing tragedy, witnesses and feels his pupil's struggle. Looking at the skies, he prays silently to the powers that be. Confused by doubt and failure, he asks the Heavens : "By Maurice, will this poor boy ever be granted the glory he deserves?"

In an instant, a warm, calming sensation travels throughout the sage's body. A golden light blinds him. Paralyzed, he hears what appears to be the distant sound of a horn.
And then, nothing.
Nothing but an absolute peace of mind.
Emerging from the void, awaking from his trance, Claudius has now seen the way. The signs couldn't be clearer : The prophecy was true, and the fight must go on. A bright future awaits. The elder then opens his eyes and lays eyes on his protege, smiling. Filled with resolve, he murmurs :

"My son... Get the ice time, you weal."

You Wealed it too much, laid it on too thick, and so the humor got lost like tears in the rain.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad