Player Discussion Jordan Weal: To Russia With Love... (Weal To Sign in KHL)

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I mean to be fair it was expected that he would play with Domi and I don't think anyone here saw Domi becoming this completely disengaged player... The guy turned Shaw into a very productive player last year.

Otherwise, 20-30 points was the assumption

Last edited:

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
So....

4 points in 26 games. 0 points in his last 15. Gets a regular shift on the PP.

End the madness!

I drank the Weal koolaid last year but that's gone now.

Reactions: DangerDave

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
So....

End the madness!

He brings absolutely nothing offensively or defensively and he makes the lineup even smaller than it already is. We need an upgrade here big time if Suzuki is to continue playing at center.

Reactions: Simarino and Tuggy

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
So....

End the madness!

Cousins stole his mojo.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Habs PP presently ranked 10th in the NHL...with Weal & Cousins on it.

Once Drouin & Byron get back, Wral will be out of the lineup & Cousins will be off the PP.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Habs PP presently ranked 10th in the NHL...with Weal & Cousins on it.

Once Drouin & Byron get back, Wral will be out of the lineup & Cousins will be off the PP.

And the pp may sink back to where it was before they were on it.

I honestly don't know exactly what is going on with the pp. But I do know that Weal, Cousins, Armia, and Danault move the puck quickly - and this has led to scoring chances. Whereas Domi, Drouin, Gallagher, and KK in the past were turnover machines on the half wall - too much dilly dallying that gets clamped down on for a turnover and the puck was easily getting iced.

Reactions: angusyoung

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
So....

End the madness!

He brings absolutely nothing offensively or defensively and he makes the lineup even smaller than it already is. We need an upgrade here big time if Suzuki is to continue playing at center.

Our powerplay is doing really well now. Although Weal and Cousins aren't on the score sheet much I would guess they are contributing to this success - they don't turn the puck over much. So when they do get it, the move it quickly to our more offensively gifted players who make the plays that result in the goals.

Having said that, Weal was a healthy scratch before the injuries. I think he will definitely go back to the press box when everyone is healthy.

angusyoung

The life of..The Party
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar

I honestly don't know exactly what is going on with the pp. But I do know that Weal, Cousins, Armia, and Danault move the puck quickly - and this has led to scoring chances. Whereas Domi, Drouin, Gallagher, and KK in the past were turnover machines on the half wall - too much dilly dallying that gets clamped down on for a turnover and the puck was easily getting iced.

Kind of expected more points from Weal,but he starts the plays often and Habs pass the puck around well,and only 3 players gets points on a goal.

Last edited:
Reactions: 26Mats

abo9

Jun 25, 2017

At least if he was standing in front of the net on the PP to bother the opposing goalie while Weber cranked his shot... I could see why use him as a sacrificial pawn but he was at the point last night ??? :laugh:

abo9

Jun 25, 2017

Our powerplay is doing really well now. Although Weal and Cousins aren't on the score sheet much I would guess they are contributing to this success - they don't turn the puck over much. So when they do get it, the move it quickly to our more offensively gifted players who make the plays that result in the goals.

Having said that, Weal was a healthy scratch before the injuries. I think he will definitely go back to the press box when everyone is healthy.

Kind of expected more points from Weal,but he starts the plays often and Habs pass the puck around well,and only 3 players gets points on a goal.

this is insane :laugh: Weal and Cousins should not even play in the NHL, let alone run a PP.

Their career trajectory is eerily similar though (Philadelphia -> Arizona -> Montreal ).
I guess we're really the bottom of the barrel

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
this is insane :laugh: Weal and Cousins should not even play in the NHL, let alone run a PP.

Their career trajectory is eerily similar though (Philadelphia -> Arizona -> Montreal ).
I guess we're really the bottom of the barrel

Yet our pp sucked last year without them on it and was decent at the end of the year when Weal, Armia, and Danault got on it.

Same with this year - improved recently and Weal and Cousins have been a part of that.

I'm in favor of replacing them, but I'd like to see the numbers with them on it versus not on it.

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
Yet our pp sucked last year without them on it and was decent at the end of the year when Weal, Armia, and Danault got on it.

Same with this year - improved recently and Weal and Cousins have been a part of that.

I'm in favor of replacing them, but I'd like to see the numbers with them on it versus not on it.

I'm more curious about having Shea Weber on the PP vs not having him

Reactions: 26Mats

durojean

May 29, 2007

exept they are not... look at the scoresheet... It's the unit without them that's producing better.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad